Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:02:20 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mana Cap  (Read 9171 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2010, 09:26:56 am »

Updated source code today.

==04/27/2010==
Trevius: SoD/SoF - Clicky items with charges can no longer be cast if they have 0 charges left.
Secrets: Mana can now exceed 32k without rolling over to 0.

It appears that Secrets may have fixed the mana bug. Please let me know how high your mana goes now, if you can break the previous cap without it resetting to 0. If this works, then we won't need the neg mana augs, and mana burns will probably do more dmg.

Also, with new source code updated, please keep me informed if we have more or less zone crashes than before.

Thanks,

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:43:08 am »

Updated source code today.

==04/27/2010==
Trevius: SoD/SoF - Clicky items with charges can no longer be cast if they have 0 charges left.
Secrets: Mana can now exceed 32k without rolling over to 0.

It appears that Secrets may have fixed the mana bug. Please let me know how high your mana goes now, if you can break the previous cap without it resetting to 0. If this works, then we won't need the neg mana augs, and mana burns will probably do more dmg.

Also, with new source code updated, please keep me informed if we have more or less zone crashes than before.

Thanks,

Hunter

On of my rangers is sitting at 37+k mana now with no problem after I removed the negative 10k aug Smiley Seems to work great! Awesome job by everyone involved on that one.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 06:03:54 pm »

Lots of new code getting put out, very nice. Hunter and friends, doing a class A job. Even juggling RL jobs and what not

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 07:18:24 pm »

You can see a list of names of who's working on the source code. I'm not one of them. I just download the updates and use them. Secrets and Trevius work a lot on it and been a big help to EZ Server.

See who's been working on source code on link below:

http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/EQEmuServer/changelog.txt

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 09:44:59 pm »

i am so happy with the work secrets is doing for the eqemu community.  Especially the work she is helping you out with on the EZ Server.  Not often you get someone as genuinely helpful as her.

Thanks!
Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 02:22:11 am »

I have yet to find anything wrong with the new stuff persay, zones still crash a bit though.
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 08:09:06 am »

Yup, mana went over 36k after I removed my -mana augs. Pretty cool. Cheesy

Secrets is supercute!

Drep

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 07:49:00 pm »

All this seems great, however since that new client post went up for sof stuff, it seems that zones keep crashing hardcore everywhere.   i've never seen everything disconnect and/or crash since that post went up that said a better client was available.  Probably nothing is related but it seems wierd that you posted that you ran trains in zones without crashing anything at all.  then a few days later after that sof client post was put up, everything is crashing constantly.   coincidence?  beats me but it's something to look at.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 09:42:25 pm »

All this seems great, however since that new client post went up for sof stuff, it seems that zones keep crashing hardcore everywhere.   i've never seen everything disconnect and/or crash since that post went up that said a better client was available.  Probably nothing is related but it seems wierd that you posted that you ran trains in zones without crashing anything at all.  then a few days later after that sof client post was put up, everything is crashing constantly.   coincidence?  beats me but it's something to look at.

I think you are referring to the SoD client, not SoF.  The SoF client has been around for about a year now in EQEmu.

As for crashes, yeah, there have been a few issues lately that are being resolved 1 by 1 in the source to reduce crashes.  Currently, I am running Rev1428 and haven't had a crash all day on my server, so I think most of the recent crash bugs that have been found are now resolved.

Another possible cause for more crashes is that it had been a while since EZ server had last updated to the most recent code on the SVN until Hunter recently updated it.  So, there is a chance that something could have changed for scripts and such that may need a bit of adjusting, but for the most part, I don't think there should be many (if any) of these types of issues.

As EZ continues to stay updated with the newer SVN releases, I think things will only continue to get better (at least most of the time).  The SoD client work is nearing completion now, and a few fairly major issues with some recent non-SoD changes have been resolved as well.  For the most part, SoD itself shouldn't be causing any crashes.  There was a recent change that I corrected that did allow SoD clients to cause a zone crash in certain conditions, but it is fixed now.

I am probably going to add in a nice fix tonight for a trading bug that can cause item loss in some cases.  So, that will be another good fix to have on EZ soon IMO.  After that, updating to that revision should get the server nice and stable with all of the recent fixes.  Then, EZ can always wait a couple of days after a release is put out to make sure it tests well on PEQ and/or Storm Haven before updating to it.
Follow Me

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 03:34:56 am »

I really gotta hand it to you guys.  In the last month you have put a ton of work into the SoD project.  I am amazed how fast you were able to get it so nicely playable.  Appreciate the hard work. 

robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 07:16:30 am »

I agree.  Nice work!

Rob Smiley
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 07:19:20 am »

Yeah.. SoD is much better IMO... people should upgrade from Titanium...

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 12:02:25 pm »

Yeah i need to find myself a copy of SoD, anyhow good work Trev and Secrets I dunno who you are since you started after I left a few months ago but I look forward to seeing yall in game.

Poop
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061