Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:47:25 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spell file issues  (Read 5157 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2011, 04:58:03 pm »

Hiya. I just returned, and went to the UF client. All works fine...but when I download the spell and zone files, and unzip to the emulated directory (yes, before you ask, they are going to the right directory, checked and rechecked again and again....path matches the shortcut used for the game) I get default male human graphics for most of the custom zone mobs, and most spells and items list as "unknown spell type". I am running as admin on the folder. Using win 7 64 bit. Any ideas?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 09:21:50 pm »

The symptoms you're describing say that they are not in the right directory.

If you have the game under the Program Files or Program Files (x86) directory, move it somewhere else and your problems should go away.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 12:00:13 am »

I have a feeling that when you hit Unzip that it created its own folder in the Everquest folder. Which is what my WinRar normally does by default unless i specify where i want the files to go.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 01:45:53 pm »

No, and no. Again, as I stated above, the directory is confirmed. This aint my first dance here. The files were, again, unzipped to the same base EQ folder that contains the target of my desktop shortcut. No subfolder was created, as, again, I did get the overwrite prompt for the zone and spell files.

I did get a reply in game that advised me to replace my dbstr_us.txt file (thanks for that Mike!), and that DID fix the spell file issue.....but the mobs are still default human. So sounds as if some file I have on my UF version is incorrect.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pyronost

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 07:07:46 pm »

Underfoot seems to be missing a hunk of files that contain models for certain zones. Theres a thread here somewhere called "Missing UF Files" or something similar. Download that and toss it in. Make sure you either say no to overwriting your spellfile/custom 4 files when you stick it in there, or accept all and put the custom stuff in after, as the misaing files do contain replacements for the custom ez files.

Rayge Face - 73 Warrior
Surprize Face - 73 Pal
Stowic Face - 73 Cleric
Kokaine Face - 72 Berzerker
Tranquill Face - 73 Monk
Rumblepack - 73 Bard
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 08:31:05 pm »

Probably a waste of time, but maybe you want to look into Options on the main login screen.  Perhaps somehow the 'use old models' option got selected.

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 8678