Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 11:58:28 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: T5 essences  (Read 19429 times)
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 07:55:56 am »

I did not change the drop rates. Its 3% on each boss.

Hmm... 3% drop rate on each boss.

100 Bosses in T5.

So if a guild clears all 400 mobs in T5 in the proper manner and timing then they could earn between 2 to 4 essence of the abyss for the effort.  On a good run.

So if I can convince my guild to roll the zone for me I *might* be able to get enough essences to upgrade the augments on one of my chars (single wield).  Mind you, no one else gets any of those essences, just shots at the miserable bits of plat available or any armor molds / accessories that could drop.

So basically I need to clear T-5 seven times to get essences for my team.  Since my crew is fairly average we can assume that most folks in my guild are going to need at least a half a dozen clears to be able to aug their crews.

Wait!  What is that sound I hear???  OMG!!!  I would know that cackling hysterical laughter anywhere!  It's the ghost of old Charlie Ponzi appreciating the set up here!

Skeezy Ratty Troll

7 clears for a full team augged... that is a long shot, or your taking shots to the mouth from RNG. Realistaclly, it's gonna take you a good 50+ clears to get the essences you need for all of your toons, and thats if your only 3 boxing...... TRUTH!
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 08:13:58 am »

I did not change the drop rates. Its 3% on each boss.

Hmm... 3% drop rate on each boss.

100 Bosses in T5.

So if a guild clears all 400 mobs in T5 in the proper manner and timing then they could earn between 2 to 4 essence of the abyss for the effort.  On a good run.

So basically I need to clear T-5 seven times to get essences for my team.  Since my crew is fairly average we can assume that most folks in my guild are going to need at least a half a dozen clears to be able to aug their crews.

We have cleared it more then 20x maybe since changes maybe 3 essences total. (we clear 2 to 3x per night causal but can ramp up a lot too)
We get a normal of 25+ bosses per clear plus White (%15)

It takes us like 90 mins to clear all mobs all bosses..

going to take you a lifetime to get essences, just since you gotta spawn the boss 1st then pray for a drop

Currently even @ 3% it's low  Huh
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:40:11 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 08:01:38 pm »

If you guys got all your augs upgraded, then you'd sit here complaining about how there's nothing to do.  This seems to me to be an intended time-sink so Hunter can finish up T6...

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 08:55:44 pm »

Sol, Fugi:

Thanks for providing the 'real deal' data on my point.  Even being extremely optimistic the proposition is not sound; When actual experience (Good old YMMV!) is added the proposition borders on the ludicrous.

And sadly this does not touch on the fixed costs of augs.  I have no clue what exactly changed over the summer, but I do know that I used to clear velks castle area for ~15k / clear.  That average is down to ~11k / clear.  Functionally almost all plat comes from gem sales.  QVIC didn't seem to return as much in the way of gems the last trip I made, but I honestly wasn't focused on that, was chasing gear so can't be certain like with velks.  While other items are sold and quest rewards exist there is no other significant source of plat. (It is not until T5 that items are really worth selling and those are insignificant considering the resources required to get the items.)

To survive and be barely functional in T5 a toon needs a UC.  To be useful in T5 a toon minimally needs level IV augs, ideally level V or better.  It is a reasonable assumption that VI and VII level augs will be required for a toon to be useful in T6.  To move my SK and senior pally from V's to VI's alone is going to be over  6M to the vendor....  The beast is gonna run about 10.6M to go from IS-IV's / NS-III's to full VI's.  The junior paladin?  no augs at all yet so he will cost near 8M plat.  Screw the cleric and the shaman, UC or no I don't love them enough to put augs on them at this price!  Cheesy

Just a skosh on the grindy side, if you take my meaning.  I understand the desire to make the highest end of the game 'elite'.  Most of the things that define elite must also be reasonably attainable to a single group of chars (boxed or played) that are at or near top of game.  If you need 20 toons to play in T6 then you need to facilitate the growth of 60 toons capable of doing so in order that you can find 20 willing most of the day.  If you need augs to succeed in dps then the mats for the required augs need to drop at realistic rates and required vendor mats need to be priced in accordance with the resources available.

/rant on
On a side note, it is ludicrous that the mobs in T5 drop coins in gold, silver, and copper.  WTF?!?!!  Mobs at this level need to drop loot, no one here is seeking experience of any sort!  T5 class npcs should be dropping high double digit, low triple digit plat loots.
/rant off

While getting to the top of the game is supposed to take work, it needs to never get to a place where it feels entirely like work.  It is supposed to be fun almost all the time.  If a player like me with all kinds of time and no kinds of money finds playing the game to be feeling like work then maybe it's time to ask how we expect to grow the number of players needed to make T6 playable.  Just saying....

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 10:19:12 pm »

Adding more people to your guild raid *should* add more DPS if DPS is a problem.

Its the end of the game. Its suppose to be a challenge.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 10:36:49 pm »

Adding more people to your guild raid *should* add more DPS if DPS is a problem.

Yes sir, it absolutely should.  Not to be impertinent, but if you would like to share a comment related to my post and it's points, we'd all love to hear it.  Stating that the sky is blue does not address the fact the ground is hard as rock from lack of rain.

You do not have sufficient warm bodies on the server to randomly add more people to a guild raid.

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 01:51:53 am »

Meh, i'm just sticking to what i've done for the past almost 4 years. Play for 3 months or so, then find something else that is fun and less like, "fuck i've gotta grind this for plat just to decently progress". 6 months or so, come back, most of the time things are usually working properly or half way decent and finished by then.

But in the mean time... wonder how much i could get for a 5.0'd warrior since they suck ass so bad.
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 07:25:27 am »

Hunter we go in with 12 full groups add more groups to the Raid window and we will add more groups to our raid.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 10:39:57 am »

End game content is always the hardest, but soon as new content is made up, then the previous content usually becomes trivial. Its actually our goal to make the final content to be hard to get. Sounds like mission accomplished.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 11:19:05 am »

End game content is always the hardest, but soon as new content is made up, then the previous content usually becomes trivial. Its actually our goal to make the final content to be hard to get. Sounds like mission accomplished.

Hard and returded are two different things IMO..

You make it so we run as a guild... We did that cool it's fun...

But now we are spending at least 24 playing hours over our guild a night and getting nothing in return.

We get about 50 or so bosses a night yes alot are the same ones as are we clear a few times. we do this about 6 days a week so thats 300 bosses. With this 300 bosses we get 3 essence.
 you need a adv of 6 essence per toon so we as a guild need 432 essence. we get 3 a week if we are lucky so thats 144 weeks and 2.8 years to get our guild all the abyss essence.

This is what I mean about returded.

God what if we need to take Vacation or RL hit's we are now 3 years +

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 11:44:23 am »

Maybe that means you have to be picky about who gets VII augs?  Maybe all the clerics, mages, wizards, druids, etc don't get to have melee dps augs at the highest possible level...

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 11:57:39 am »

Maybe that means you have to be picky about who gets VII augs?  Maybe all the clerics, mages, wizards, druids, etc don't get to have melee dps augs at the highest possible level...

Pretty much the idea...

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 11:59:26 am »

Also, you don't have to get VII damage augs. You can just use other lower Augs like V ones. Players are already doing insane damage. The higher augs are not required.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 12:54:38 pm »

Maybe that means you have to be picky about who gets VII augs?  Maybe all the clerics, mages, wizards, druids, etc don't get to have melee dps augs at the highest possible level...

That didn't include the classes listed above. But thanks the input =)

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:14:05 pm by Thebone » Logged

Camric

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 08:18:55 pm »

Also, you don't have to get VII damage augs. You can just use other lower Augs like V ones. Players are already doing insane damage. The higher augs are not required.

So am I hearing that T6 mobs are not being based lined on Aug 7's DPS, but rather Aug 5's?   If so, the current drop rate is fine, however, if it takes Aug 7 DPS is required to bring down T6 named within the time allotted please reconsider the current drop rates to something a tad more favorable.

As to strategies for aug 7 placement, the obvious is the normal dps classes get the aug 7's first.  Keep in mind that one character with complete aug 7's doesn't turn typical DPS classes into something uber.  It takes many characters to compete at the highest end content.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)