Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:18:48 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Almost had accident today  (Read 23490 times)
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 08:17:48 am »

Which is why you should lower aug prices, so I can enjoy my job again!!!!!

Skeezy Ratty Troll

/em grins and giggles and ducks and hides behind the Buff Bot.

On the serious side, very glad both you and that retread are both safe.  Like others I had to look a second time to see what really happened.  It always amazes me how some rocket scientist of a driver thinks that somehow that tractor trailer barreling down the road at speed is not subject to the laws of inertia and momentum.

One of the reasons no one will die and appoint me God is I would fix that behavior.  Anyone being that stupid with a vehicle would find themselves miraculously transported to their driveway with the car parked.  They would also discover a newly grown abject terror of ever operating a vehicle unless another human being's life depended on it.  Shocked
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 08:54:38 am »

Just posted another video of when I drove over a flooded bridge:

http://vimeo.com/34507624

Hunter - EZ Server GM
kelie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 09:31:23 am »

That's amazing, honestly i'm surprised it wasn't closed?
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 10:26:14 am »

Scary job man. 

Next stop .... your own cable show... Water_road truckers!
  -- Watch as America's modern day cowboys water ski the interstate!
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 12:25:24 pm »

Harketh ye, bretheren of the server EZ. From on high, yea, upon his great 18- wheel chariot spoketh he, the god of EZ.  And with great wisdom...  he called out in expletives.... and it was good!

Heh, interesting to get a small peak into the life of the bringer of many hours of distraction for all of us. I watched all the videos, took me back to when I used to travel often when i was younger.

That jack-knife was crazy, you'd think they'd throw some damn sand & salt on that off ramp for Chrissake. Poor fedex guy.
This especially hit home because just the other day i started rotating on black ice on a narrow road into oncomming traffic. I was in my truck with good tires. There was a deep ditch on each side... I just let go of the gas and hoped to god it would straighten out and it did just in time, I wasn't going fast at all and there was no warning, no ice before that stretch of road. Bought sand bags for the back that day.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 01:16:38 pm »

You did the right thing. Get off the gas, and don't touch the breaks. The wheels need to be rolling to straiten out. This is what I did in the near miss with that car when I had to drive onto snow covered left lane. I just let it coast without touching break or accelerator, and hoped it would continue to drive strait.

As for the jack knife video, I had to use breaks up to a certain point to get my speed down, even though it was jack knife position, but when you saw the truck pull to the right and regain control is because I got off the breaks and the wheels started moving again. Of course being on a down hill, my speed picked up, which would have been very bad considering the exit was in a U-Shape. So even though I knew it was going to pick up speed at the end, I steered it away gradually and hoped for the best.

I've probably been in about 6+ jack knifes now in my 10 years driving big trucks, luckily though none of them resulted in anything serious or any damage.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Metuka

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 05:47:38 pm »

I prefer to stay off the roads... which is why I like my job working from home Smiley 

Watching your videos remind me of some scary commutes to and from work I have had in the past (in the Twin Cities - MN).  You have to drive defensively cause you never know when someone will do something stupid.

Glad you made it past the car without hitting it.  We haven't had that much snow to mess up the roads here this winter so far.  Mildest winter I have ever seen.
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 09:27:14 pm »

Coldwater, mi that's a hour and a half from my house LOL. Glad your alright hunter these fucks in michigan drive like shit i know this for sure. It's why i think michigan should do what kentucky and most southern states do and only be able to pass on the left lanes. Just FYI you can tell a michigander by the fact they pass on the right side of the road instead of the left like they should.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 09:07:30 pm »

Just saw your video (FRAPs irl hehe) and thought about this.

A challenger appears...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_oaxVXJJ5U

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 10:10:51 pm »

Wow, that could have sucked bad.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 12:38:10 am »

Be happy you didn't end up like this guy: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8cb_1326083267
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 07:42:25 am »

Almost had another one:

http://vimeo.com/35248947

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Jackal1950

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 02:33:06 pm »

I remember those days / nights, when the hair on my neck stood up and the "pucker" power kicked in.....
 Be careful out there, bud
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 02:44:36 pm »

Almost had another one:

http://vimeo.com/35248947

DAMMMNNN!! I got no pulling skillz in game on or the road!! good work getting it straight..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2014, 10:08:11 pm »

In spirit of recent weather, bumping this topic of near miss on snowy roads.

If you watch closely, the car was driving in reverse on the highway! My truck going full speed has no chance to stop, only go around, and hope to not roll over in the medium.

Can see from the date time stamp that was about 2 years ago.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061