Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:15:53 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Warrior Mitigation - A New Discussion  (Read 43972 times)
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2012, 08:10:10 am »

I would love to see Warriors show up as the top pure tanking class on the server.  They should never be able to stand alone.  But, with healing, I think warriors should be the absolute best tanks in game.  They don't need to have any DPS, really, just be able to stand in there and absorb more damage than anyone else Smiley

I have a couple of suggestions that I would like to put out there...

First, a big 2hs weapon.

Much of the damage warriors take in higher end content is due to riposte.  If they could hand in their 2 epics (starting at 3.0) and receive a single 2hs epic with the same stats as the combined 1hs, and 4 aug slots to allow for greater aggro production, it would go a long way to reducing Warrior deaths in T5+ (and on Kern).

They could choose to be a dps warrior, and put damage augs in their 2 X 1hs, or choose to be a tank and carry a big stick, so to speak.

Second, mitigation.

Warriors should be able to take a punch better than anyone in the game.  That's what they train for...

As of T4, Paladins have Kaldar's Helping Hand, and with UC that becomes a perminent stonewall for them.  I propose that the effect on the T4+ Warrior epic weapon be an innate damage reduction, without the snare of SW.  If it could be made to scale with their Guardian Charm (ie Guaridan 11 = 10%, 21 = 15%, 31 = 20%, 41 = 25% and UC = 40%) that would be a similar scaling to the paladin's ability to keep Kaldar's up as mana pool and regen increases.  This damage reduction would stack with Stonewall.  So, a Warrior standing in against a boss would take less damage than a similarly geared knight, and would, in emergency, have the ability to stonewall and take even less (with all the movement restrictions that come with that).

This damage reduction should only be on the 2hs epic.  If a warrior chooses to use their 1hs for better dps with IS augs in, they give up the damage mitigation that a "Tanking" warrior enjoys.

Any discussion, or other suggestions is welcome.

Updates from other player's ideas and suggestions...

2 HAND SWORD, From let's say 4.0 and up hell I really don't know where to start this weapon. ( Please Add input for 3.0 and 3.5 )

NEW 2HANDED SWORD

30K HPS
120 AC
215/30
(4) Aug slots
8% worn Damage reduction

40k HPS
140AC
250/30
(4) Aug slots
16% worn Damage reduction

60k HPS
175 AC
300/30  
(4) Aug slots
24% worn Damage reduction

Also for the the Stonewalls we have right now
-Extend the length by 1 or 2 mins and remove snare ( this by no way will break anything )
-3.5/4.0 Timer 1
-4.5/5.0 Timer 2
-Skill SW Timer 3

Might even consider an AoE alot 8 hate aug with only 1 slot 8 on the weapon. (Not anger 5 as it does not generate hate beyond hate from spell damage).

Tossing another idea out there...

How about a Stonewall "spell" akin to the Kaldar's Helping Hand that Pallies have.  The marked difference would be that instead of using your mana pool, it could use your Stamina (Endurance) pool...  Balancing would need to be done to figure out how much Stam it would use per tick, and might have to add some Stam regen to the UC??

It would mean that the more Stamina and Stamina regen you have (ie higher tiered gear) the more the duration of your Stonewall...

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:26:20 am by Brokyn » Logged

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 08:27:07 am »

+1

Something to this effect might make me dust off my warrior and get him some T6 gear.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 09:00:45 am »

Brokyn hit this right on the head. I have to manage my attacks in T6 by turning them on and off through the fight just to stay alive.. ( and this isn't because of enrage it's the Riposte! )

I hope Hunter can just "try" a few of these ideas if they don't work well, just change it back.

I to agree a Meatmagnet needs to be able to absorb a lot of Damage, and upset (hate) the mob so much it refuses to switch targets

2 HAND SWORD, From let's say 4.0 and up hell I really don't know where to start this weapon. ( Please Add input for 3.0 and 3.5 )

NEW 2HANDED SWORD

30K HPS
120 AC
215/30
(4) Aug slots
8% worn Damage reduction

40k HPS
140AC
250/30
(4) Aug slots
16% worn Damage reduction

60k HPS
175 AC
300/30  
(4) Aug slots
24% worn Damage reduction

Also for the the Stonewalls we have right now
-Extend the length by 1 or 2 mins and remove snare ( this by no way will break anything )
-3.5/4.0 Timer 1
-4.5/5.0 Timer 2
-Skill SW Timer 3

These changes are open for ideas and thoughts please feel free to add anything. This will not add damage to warriors but allow them to be better damage magnets.

I say we try worse case can just undo!!

Brokyn's Input is awesome also please don't misplace this great input too, as he put it have it scale with the charm! I'm just throwing out some other ideas

T4+ Warrior epic weapon be an innate damage reduction, without the snare of SW.  If it could be made to scale with their Guardian Charm (ie Guaridan 11 = 10%, 21 = 15%, 31 = 20%, 41 = 25% and UC = 40%) that would be a similar scaling to the paladin's ability to keep Kaldar's up as mana pool and regen increases.  This damage reduction would stack with Stonewall.  So, a Warrior standing in against a boss would take less damage than a similarly geared knight, and would, in emergency, have the ability to stonewall and take even less (with all the movement restrictions that come with that).

This damage reduction should only be on the 2hs epic.  If a warrior chooses to use their 1hs for better dps with IS augs in, they give up the damage mitigation that a "Tanking" warrior enjoys.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:39:02 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 09:19:45 am »

From my experience in T6 rolling with a warrior I use him as an off-tank which seems silly for the "Tank" class. I pull with my paladin and if i get 1 extra mob I let aoe from warrior keep threat on it till first mob is dead. However, if I get 3-4 extra mobs I just smash stonewall and warrior off-tanks 3-4 mobs while my group assists the paladin.

As for living ability they are amazing with stonewall, but other than that they lack the "tank" feel to me. 

I'd love to roll with the warrior tanking most trash and bosses with paladin off-tanking, and with the experience I've had in T6 so far.. your ideas seem like it could revive most players warriors back into their lineup.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 09:29:29 am »

I really like this idea. For a long while the only two classes that made any sense to roll was a warrior and a cleric. The knight classes got reworked and have a solid position in any group. This allows warriors to go with their intended roll without taking anything away from knight classes. I don't think it was intended to make paladins the new warriors but that is in effect what has happened. Might even consider an AoE alot 8 hate aug with only 1 slot 8 on the weapon. (Not anger 5 as it does not generate hate beyond hate from spell damage).

kelie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 10:47:15 am »

I just made a warrior, i'd love to see this implemented, I always looked at warriors as a class who could tank everything while other tanks were there to support/ OT if needed. I'd never use my paladin as a MT as she's the main source of my healing and wouldn't want her to be down.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 11:18:18 am »

good ideas so far. I'll have to think out a more through reply.
Atm I use warrior for single target agro and on more then a 2 pull stonewall and agro on both paladins.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 12:00:51 pm »

Just gonna throw this out as a devil's advocate type thing I suppose...

Sk's have no utility on the server except for tanking, either. (not like a paladin who is also a main healer). So boosting a warrior WAY past an SK would be unfair to those people who MT an SK. I agree warriors are broken. Way broken. Like WTF broken, but SK's could use a stonewall or something as well since their only role on the server is tank, too. Unless someone is rolling em for DPS? /boggle

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 12:06:42 pm »

Just gonna throw this out as a devil's advocate type thing I suppose...

Sk's have no utility on the server except for tanking, either. (not like a paladin who is also a main healer). So boosting a warrior WAY past an SK would be unfair to those people who MT an SK. I agree warriors are broken. Way broken. Like WTF broken, but SK's could use a stonewall or something as well since their only role on the server is tank, too. Unless someone is rolling em for DPS? /boggle

Let's work on 1 class at a time, so Hunter sees this as feedback to improve things..  

This in no way Hurts the SK class atm, they can and still will be valid tanks..

Brokyn is a SK tank, Severs is a Pally tank, Soul is a Pally tank, Xiggie is a Pally tank all end game.

Warriors Tanking abilities just got sidetracked.  

But lets readdress class by class slowly in a nice supportive Feedback way.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:12:58 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 12:14:19 pm »

SK's and Pallies both are "tank" classes that CAN MT, but I agree. One class at a time. All the ideas at the top sounded great, and I really liked the scaling damage mitigation with charms. Also, stonewall should be extended a little bit, or someting. I remember when coming into new content in my group it would take me longer than both forms of defensive to kill a named... Maybe I just have super slow DPS, which I'm not denying, but I figure that going into new content with previous content's "good" dps would probably still take quite awhile to take down nameds. And as stated, it surely wouldn't break anything, especially since paladins get endless Stonewall.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 12:15:44 pm »

Holler at me in game when you get on today Luca  Grin  I know your goon anyway "R"

-Hate"
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 12:18:21 pm »

For sure man. I'll hit you up.

Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 12:38:53 pm »

Keep em coming, i suggest though, brokyn if you can update your original post with what the suggestions are, so hunter doesn't have to ramble through all this babbling and shit and just be like fuck you guys type too much and not read it. If you don't feel like it, since i have 2nd post, i can edit mine with a condensed suggestion section.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 12:40:34 pm »

Keep em coming, i suggest though, brokyn if you can update your original post with what the suggestions are, so hunter doesn't have to ramble through all this babbling and shit and just be like fuck you guys type too much and not read it. If you don't feel like it, since i have 2nd post, i can edit mine with a condensed suggestion section.

yeah might want to do that Solbash put it on both Brokyn's and your's, so nothing gets lost in .. shuffling

-Hate"
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 12:51:10 pm »

I'll do it tomorrow after i've had some sleep and can read straight. If i did it now, hunter would still be like wtf did he say
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439