Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:16:04 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Warrior Mitigation - A New Discussion  (Read 43973 times)
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 12:54:51 pm »

Yeah, I will add summaries of other suggestions to my post at regular intervals.  Not going to try to keep up with live updates Tongue

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Noel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 01:11:12 pm »

Giving Warrior more mitigation would be useful, but not really fun Smiley

What about giving the warrior AA skill that gives him a chance to live instead of dying when they go under 0HP? I think clerics have that AA, but not sure on the details for it - if it works by HP % or a set a mount.

Currently Warrior's are not most DPS or even most durable, but they do get free nerd Augs and can hold agro very well, which is pretty important and makes them useful in cases where bosses spawn many adds.

I think giving them even a big HP boost through items could make them more useful as they would outclass others in similar level of gear. Making them able to tank tougher encounters.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 01:16:23 pm »

Giving Warrior more mitigation would be useful, but not really fun Smiley

I think giving them even a big HP boost through items could make them more useful as they would outclass others in similar level of gear. Making them able to tank tougher encounters.

The problem is when you turn attack on with the riposte you die plain and simple.. Mitigation will be the only way to help move forward on this..

I have to tank in T6 not attacking with  my warrior just clicking clickies..

We are not talking about Augs and everything else just the ability to take/reduce damage.  Adding lots of HPs will not do this they should have some % increase but still will get ate alive during fights..
When I take a round of 165K x4 Ripostes I die period with 3 pallys and 1 cleric ALL MAX.

Adding a 2Handed weapon will prevent massive Riposte Spike damage and still allow them to tank and absorb damage.. I could care less if their DPS was lower then now

its less then 40k with angers btw with a 5.0 with 4 ISVIs and Krak its 53k

but not about augs its about damage reduction

Thanks !!!still great for adding some input!!

AA is cool thought, still die a lot with ripostes though
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:19:38 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 01:25:59 pm »

Although I would like to see warriors with a little bit more hp I don't think the solution lies so much in boosting hp. Reason being is to see an increase in survivability you would have to nearly double the hp to get the same effect of a 1 2hs vs 2 1hs. Warrior already has the aa delay death but when you are getting hit in one round for 165k, there is just no point in delay death.

Severs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 02:31:07 pm »

I am paladin, but i too would like to see some mitigation improvment on warriors or something that would make them at least able to tank the higher content without reducing the rest of us or changing the mobs ( i find them fun just the way they are). If its possible i think the improved mitigation would be whats needed.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 03:57:12 pm »

Just from what Ive seen in starting off in T5 -- My warrior - is dying alot, while pally swoops in like superman and tanks it without a problem, personally I see that as a problem.
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 04:17:52 pm »

Just from what Ive seen in starting off in T5 -- My warrior - is dying alot, while pally swoops in like superman and tanks it without a problem, personally I see that as a problem.

Very old news. We've dealt with it for over half a year.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 04:18:52 pm »

Very old news. We've dealt with it for over half a year.

Im behind in times I guess -- I keep to myself and usually am not on forums.
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 06:43:24 pm »

I would love to see Warriors show up as the top pure tanking class on the server.  They should never be able to stand alone.  But, with healing, I think warriors should be the absolute best tanks in game.  They don't need to have any DPS, really, just be able to stand in there and absorb more damage than anyone else Smiley

I have a couple of suggestions that I would like to put out there...

First, a big 2hs weapon.

Much of the damage warriors take in higher end content is due to riposte.  If they could hand in their 2 epics (starting at 3.0) and receive a single 2hs epic with the same stats as the combined 1hs, and 4 aug slots to allow for greater aggro production, it would go a long way to reducing Warrior deaths in T5+ (and on Kern).

They could choose to be a dps warrior, and put damage augs in their 2 X 1hs, or choose to be a tank and carry a big stick, so to speak.

Second, mitigation.

Warriors should be able to take a punch better than anyone in the game.  That's what they train for...

As of T4, Paladins have Kaldar's Helping Hand, and with UC that becomes a perminent stonewall for them.  I propose that the effect on the T4+ Warrior epic weapon be an innate damage reduction, without the snare of SW.  If it could be made to scale with their Guardian Charm (ie Guaridan 11 = 10%, 21 = 15%, 31 = 20%, 41 = 25% and UC = 40%) that would be a similar scaling to the paladin's ability to keep Kaldar's up as mana pool and regen increases.  This damage reduction would stack with Stonewall.  So, a Warrior standing in against a boss would take less damage than a similarly geared knight, and would, in emergency, have the ability to stonewall and take even less (with all the movement restrictions that come with that).

This damage reduction should only be on the 2hs epic.  If a warrior chooses to use their 1hs for better dps with IS augs in, they give up the damage mitigation that a "Tanking" warrior enjoys.

Any discussion, or other suggestions is welcome.

Bump

Retiring warriors is not a solution you Warrior hatin BL ---> Yeah You Soul  Cheesy

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 06:44:54 pm »

And this:

Brokyn hit this right on the head. I have to manage my attacks in T6 by turning them on and off through the fight just to stay alive.. ( and this isn't because of enrage it's the Riposte! )

I hope Hunter can just "try" a few of these ideas if they don't work well, just change it back.

I to agree a Meatmagnet needs to be able to absorb a lot of Damage, and upset (hate) the mob so much it refuses to switch targets

2 HAND SWORD, From let's say 4.0 and up hell I really don't know where to start this weapon. ( Please Add input for 3.0 and 3.5 )

NEW 2HANDED SWORD

30K HPS
120 AC
215/30
(4) Aug slots
8% worn Damage reduction

40k HPS
140AC
250/30
(4) Aug slots
16% worn Damage reduction

60k HPS
175 AC
300/30  
(4) Aug slots
24% worn Damage reduction

Also for the the Stonewalls we have right now
-Extend the length by 1 or 2 mins and remove snare ( this by no way will break anything )
-3.5/4.0 Timer 1
-4.5/5.0 Timer 2
-Skill SW Timer 3

These changes are open for ideas and thoughts please feel free to add anything. This will not add damage to warriors but allow them to be better damage magnets.

I say we try worse case can just undo!!

Brokyn's Input is awesome also please don't misplace this great input too, as he put it have it scale with the charm! I'm just throwing out some other ideas

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 12:39:43 am »

Wait lemme get this straight...

Everyone hopped on the warrior train and gave others hell for not rolling warriors, and now warriors aren't god and people are upset?

I win. I will sit high on my SK throne and feel superior until I too am knocked from the throne.

Seriously, if warriors are going to be set as the godmode tanks, I don't want to see their DPS be competitive. In my flawed opinion, you get tankmode or dps. Not both.

So far I can see two very nice defensive cooldowns (Stonewall and 4.0). SK gets...none, Paladin gets t3(4?) castable Stonewall of a lesser effect.

Also, isn't warrior hp higher than SK or Paladin?

Obviously I am being a bit trollish but also curious on how higher hp and 2 Stonewalls is failing. Maybe turning a single 1h in for a shield might be the solution. Gives the mitigation needed, cuts down on attacks made per minute, and keep dps to acceptable level.

Just my arrogant thoughts.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 12:43:05 am »

Wait lemme get this straight...

Everyone hopped on the warrior train and gave others hell for not rolling warriors, and now warriors aren't god and people are upset?

I win. I will sit high on my SK throne and feel superior until I too am knocked from the throne.

Seriously, if warriors are going to be set as the godmode tanks, I don't want to see their DPS be competitive. In my flawed opinion, you get tankmode or dps. Not both.

So far I can see two very nice defensive cooldowns (Stonewall and 4.0). SK gets...none, Paladin gets t3(4?) castable Stonewall of a lesser effect.

Also, isn't warrior hp higher than SK or Paladin?

Obviously I am being a bit trollish but also curious on how higher hp and 2 Stonewalls is failing. Maybe turning a single 1h in for a shield might be the solution. Gives the mitigation needed, cuts down on attacks made per minute, and keep dps to acceptable level.

Just my arrogant thoughts.

-Hate

These are why Hunter neglects reading these posts, it's not about your class is better then mine.. Hell we just had a 5.0 Enchanter pulling in T6 for us!?

This will not make it GOD mode. And also this will lower thier DPS a lot What do you think the Melee is or adds up DPS comes from AUGS period. Did you even read what Brokyn wrote?

This damage reduction should only be on the 2hs epic.  If a warrior chooses to use their 1hs for better dps with IS augs in, they give up the damage mitigation that a "Tanking" warrior enjoys.

If you keep what we got now, 46k DPS with 4 VIs.. .. .. wow. or 34k with angers. No one is asking for a dps bump hell make DPS ZERO for better tanking.

Once more HPs Do not solve the mitigation issues players are having T5 and up..  We are not talking about anything really more then that.

But I'm off this reply cause I'm already doing the same thing trolling, and Brokyn asked for productive discussion
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:52:12 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 12:55:54 am »

Most of the disparity between knight classes and warriors comes in at T5 and above. Unless you have experience in these zones you probably wont have noticed anything.

woombeat

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 05:34:43 am »

Hello ! i'm playing a warrior as main till i'm on ez ,i don't really know about game mechanics past T4 but after reading a lot of posts i'm a bit confused :war do have an AA that makes secondary weapon impossible to ripostes right ? (or maybe it is broken) ?
War weapons do have a slower attack rate then knights or very similar .. so why should they take more ripostes ? flurry ? if someone could answer plz

But is not the goal of original post so here's my 2 coppers suggestion: why don't allow warriors do raise their defense skill higher for exemple something like a mod skill def on epics past 4.0 or so.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2012, 04:39:34 pm »

Minimum delay with all haste is 10. With a UC any toon with a 3.0 is at minimum delay. If it is possible to add defense to an item that would be great but adding more ac is pointless because there is a soft cap on ac. The simplest solution would be to just allow the 1hs to be changed to a 2hs with bumped up stats.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439