Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 04:12:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Epic 2.5 advice.  (Read 25469 times)
Mahther

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2012, 02:57:27 am »

Maybe one of you can tell this guy why he is wrong.

Kreemo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 03:10:21 am »

Yawn

Kreemo - monk
Krusha - warrior
Grimshaw - pally
Vern - cleric
Mahther

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 03:14:19 am »

I posted it here because of it's flamish nature. It wasn't intended to amuse you.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 04:16:46 am »

I have been here for a long time. Hunter has never said that turning in more than one key consecutively to a barrel ups your chance of getting a key. Logistically that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 05:02:33 am »

I have done it both ways. If RNG hates you, then it just hates you.
Have had better luck with the bag o' keys into one chest. To each their own.
Mahther

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 06:05:38 am »

Yes, people can do it however they wish. The point is that the optimal way would be to turn them in as you get them. Bragh has such deep seated stupidity that he's resorting to lies to reinforce the bad information he is spreading.
curator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 10:34:03 am »

Ive had much better luck sitting in the room with 4 or 5 barrels in it and 2 chests and looting barrels and then using them on the same chest. 

granted I dont wait til I have saved up keys but I do turn them in to the same chest.  I think that was the main point Bragh was trying to make.  Not necessarily the hoarding of keys.

as for the flamish nature you speak of, he said you aren't that smart, you called him an idiot.  who exactly is the one in the wrong here? 

Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 10:37:34 am »

The only reason I don't turn them in as I get them is that I know the chances of getting a book on the 1st or 2nd key are super slim. I would rather collect a bunch of keys and just sit there doing turn ins - feels easier.

My method for 2.5 is work my way to the back boss room collecting keys as I go and just doing the turn ins on 1 chest. I've only 2.5'd 7 toons (3 of which required 2 runs) and with this method, 6 of the 7 toons got their book(s) within 8 or fewer keys all collected on the way back. One of the toons took 38 keys.
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 10:51:31 am »

There is no right or wrong way to get a book... Just kill get a key and hope for the best.

whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 11:00:27 am »

I do not know the statistics on turning on more than one key at a time, Or the benifits of collecting keys. I have did it both ways and found that the only thing that actually helps is a good mixed drink and a over abundance of time. Either way it is a chore and boreing, so bring along your own amusement and grind it out. (I find this method works for most grinds, UC, AQ,SLS's,FR/CG kits,and plat grinds)

Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 12:24:08 pm »

To clarify, I honestly thought I saw Hunter say somewhere that saving keys and all into 1 chest is better. After looking, he didn't that I could find, and I apologize for "resorting to lies." In reality, someone in one of my previous guilds probably said it was better or whatever. I could care less anymore. I have all the 2.5's I'm gonna do so everyone else is free to do it their own way. Good day!  Smiley

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 01:21:43 pm »

I don't believe you can give more than one key to the same chest.  It's been a while since I did it, but from what I remember the chest respawns when you hand the key to it.

Either way it's doubtful the script has any sort of state that increases the random chance the more keys it has received.  I'd say it's just a flat X% chance each time.
Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 01:31:37 pm »

The method I use for handing in the key:

1. Approach chest from an angle
2. Give it 1 key and the chest will turn and face you
3. If you get book - scream with delight
4. If you don't get book - wait till the chest turns away from you
5. Repeat at #2
curator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 02:05:49 pm »

I don't believe you can give more than one key to the same chest.  It's been a while since I did it, but from what I remember the chest respawns when you hand the key to it.

Either way it's doubtful the script has any sort of state that increases the random chance the more keys it has received.  I'd say it's just a flat X% chance each time.

You can stand at a chest and give key after key. Think those of us who said that's what we do are lying? Hehe.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 03:38:24 pm »

You can stand at a chest and give key after key. Think those of us who said that's what we do are lying? Hehe.

I didn't say that, what I said is that each time you give the key to the chest it repops so you're giving the next key to a new chest.  I think I remember my target getting cleared each time I handed in the key which would indicate a repop.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)