Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 02:37:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Source Updated  (Read 20701 times)
Koda

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 01:56:54 pm »

I just searched and the Pet waypoints and the static NPC waypoints are the same. The reason you can't kill your own pet is cause there is no pvp, but I'm sure a mob could kill your waypoint pet now.

If you cannot make the static waypoints invulnerable, would you consider making their respawn time nearly instant? Somewhere between 0 and 1 minute would be great. I haven't checked their current spawn time but it is long enough that I got tired of waiting around and just summoned a regular one.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 02:26:14 pm »

what was the point of making it being able to be killed anyway?

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 02:56:04 pm »

I'm just having a great day here.... hehe.  I just had an officer remove Strix from the guild and we're now without a leader.  Seems the failsafes to stop that aren't working.

Any idea how I can get the Leader tag back?

Which Guild?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 02:57:31 pm »

what was the point of making it being able to be killed anyway?

People were exploiting the Waypoint pet as an invincible tank.

Anyways, just don't kill them now. I'm sure people will learn.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 05:45:43 pm »

I'm just having a great day here.... hehe.  I just had an officer remove Strix from the guild and we're now without a leader.  Seems the failsafes to stop that aren't working.

Which Guild?

The House of Strix   Cheesy

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 06:03:42 pm »

Which Guild?

The House of Strix   Cheesy

I had seen that, was rather odd to see Strix as (main) and not (Leader)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 08:35:18 pm »

All done.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 09:52:01 pm »

All done.

Thanks again Hunter!

Strai

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2012, 09:39:57 am »

ok, my problem since the updates not zone crashing; just happened in pub HoH and my group was the only casualties. All toons disappeared and my connect % started rolling to zero and then whole group got disconnect message. it's not my internet connection, it's something that just started with the update.
Strai

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2012, 10:26:08 am »

trying a solution Thebone suggested ingame, hope it will work; if so i may finally trust my connection to try t5.
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2012, 10:29:32 am »

I'm not sure that it's the zone dying out, but since the updates all of my toons are experiencing intermittent LD using the UF client from Steam.  They seldom all go at once, but one or more go LD very frequently.  Call it... one or more every 3 - 4 fights.

This doesn't have the same look as the memory leak issue we used to have in T3/4 where all toons would suddenly go quiet and stop moving, but it is the same effect on a more limited basis.  This one seems to affect single clients rather than the entire zone.  Camping to char select fixes it... until the next time.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 11:52:20 am »

I'm not sure that it's the zone dying out, but since the updates all of my toons are experiencing intermittent LD using the UF client from Steam.  They seldom all go at once, but one or more go LD very frequently.  Call it... one or more every 3 - 4 fights.

This doesn't have the same look as the memory leak issue we used to have in T3/4 where all toons would suddenly go quiet and stop moving, but it is the same effect on a more limited basis.  This one seems to affect single clients rather than the entire zone.  Camping to char select fixes it... until the next time.

Yeah, its rather recent for me too -- as I refuse to use the "HoT client" the UF client from Steam has been the only reliable one and now im having terrible issues with it on EZ. It could be from this -- but not entirely sure, just through my 2cs around
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 03:46:01 pm »

This would be the problem here. Our connection of 30 down 5 up will start to lag when the online population reaches around 450-500 online, and we're getting beyond that. Guess EZ Server is getting too popular. Might have to start reinforcing the rules again with banning in order to reduce online population so the good players can have more bandwidth.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 06:18:47 pm »

The ranged attack in T6 seems to crash the zone a lot if 3 assbeater golems hit a ranged class all at once.. not sure why though. Guessing those crashes aren't healthy for the server stability. But when the golems are in melee range and blow up my mage it doesn't seem to crash.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 06:38:07 pm »

Could be that mobs in the zone summon? I'll have to check it out later.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678