Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 11:06:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lag.  (Read 5165 times)
Lucadian

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2012, 03:04:33 pm »

Hey, just coming here to talk about all the dang lag. Ever since T6 was released, I have trouble running my full group without constantly losing characters to lag... I was just ignoring it, but I'm not the only person experiencing this issue. I don't know if it's some of the coding you used, or if it's just because so many people came back to the server all at once, but it needs looked at in my opinion. I get to where I don't even want to log on until 11pm CST just because I know not very many people will be online at that time.

If anyone else is experiencing this feel free to post.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 03:11:18 pm »

T6 got released, then shortly after I updated the source code. Which one is it? I don't know.

I know a lot of people came back cause new content was released with T6, so the online population is higher.

Also its possible there was something wrong with the source code? I compiled it correctly and updated the DB with sourced sqls as well. Only thing I had to 'fix' was to make certain pets controllable. If its the source code then hopefully in the future it'll fix itself with new updates.

I'll keep my eye on the issue and see what we can do.

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 03:19:55 pm »

This would be the problem here. Our connection of 30 down 5 up will start to lag when the online population reaches around 450-500 online, and we're getting beyond that. Guess EZ Server is getting too popular. Might have to start reinforcing the rules again with banning in order to reduce online population so the good players can have more bandwidth.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 04:12:59 pm »

Thanks for the quick response, and that does make sense. We'll just have to ride it out!

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 06:09:14 pm »

Good info, yeah I keep getting loss of sync issues that lead to disconnects.

I would enable the Anti-AFK again if it hasn't I don't know.

I'm pretty sure I was getting the loss of sync even prior to the source update, but as of lately it is getting worse, Population increase is probably to blame.

This is happening on all Clients

SoD
Tits
UF(HoT)
SoF
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:11:05 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 06:49:45 pm »

I'm pretty sure I was getting the loss of sync even prior to the source update, but as of lately it is getting worse, Population increase is probably to blame.

I was getting loss of sync issues before the source update too - mind you, I'm about as far from the server as you can get and lag has always been an issue for me.  When I first started playing on the server my ping was pretty consistant around the 180 mark.  For the last 3 months it's never below 350.

The lag also seems to be affecting Raid formations for me.  I'm often joining raids and finding that while the raid leader can see me in the raid - none of my toons can talk in raid and don't appear to be getting the kill flags in T5.   This can be for individual toons, clusters of toons, and/or my entire crew (of 18 or so).  I've found the only solution in most instances is to use the raid window to quit out and reform - and in some cases a complete log out to reset all th characters.

Strix

Camric

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 09:22:49 pm »

I'm experiencing the same issues with lag and sync issues.  Hunter is aware that the population growth has saturated the upload bandwidth capacity.  Which means a larger pipe is required to stabilize the ever growing demand.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 09:24:14 pm »

Which means a larger pipe is required to stabilize the ever growing demand.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 09:27:10 pm »

I would start with the anti AFK script.. This would get the people just eating up my precious bandwidth!!!

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 09:31:40 pm »

Which means a larger pipe is required to stabilize the ever growing demand.

LMAO

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678