Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 12, 2024, 08:49:57 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Main Classic Cities  (Read 11147 times)
Eliseus

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2010, 05:48:05 pm »

Would it be possible to do something where their is an event that happens like once a day or twice a day or something where a random city from the classic EQ, AKA kelethin is attacked by NPCS and our goal is to defend it, maybe do like a RoA type thing with it where the more you defend cities the more powerful so and so item gets or something like that.

I just deleted other thread cause I didn't realize I was in the Server Status section lol
Number XIII: Roxas

Number XIII Roxas. The Keyblade's Chosen One

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 05:49:40 pm »

Like what Megaten Dose? AKA: Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Online. It would be cool. May be good xp. But a lot of lag tho.
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:54:12 pm »

I just remember playing on an eqemu server a long time ago that was called guildwars iirc, and they had this awesome thing where you took over cities for your epic 1.0 and your guild was like in control of that city till another guild tried to take it over. Was a fun concept, so kinda got the idea from that. Also, if having mobs attack the city did cause lots of lag maybe he could do the hole guild thing taking over cities to kinda of put in some pvp for fun, just something fun.
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 05:57:50 pm »

I would like that, but I'd like it even more if your participation resulted in faction hits with the associated city you're saving. I'm a faction junky, being a paladin walking around in Cabilis freely on Live = pwn.

Number XIII: Roxas

Number XIII Roxas. The Keyblade's Chosen One

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 05:58:28 pm »

That thing your talking about is something Live had a long time ago. but they go rid of it. Doing /guildwar I think it would start it and you do just that. Now i may be worn cuz iv never done it my dad and mom has. Seeing how they have been playing ever since it was released. 
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 06:28:05 pm »

How about we just let Kelethin burn?

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 06:30:38 pm »

this can be done with a custom quest code.  The problem is that there is such a wide range from folks who just turned level 70 to folks that are t3/t4 level 70.  It'd be hard to balance it so that you can get folks that are just in the CG/FG able to have fun and not have to call in the t3/t4 folks to down the mobs for them.
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 07:05:32 pm »

I mean their is ways to make it even, like anyone that participates gets points for something, IDK what kinda of points or what they would be for or how to obtain them for participating, there also could be stuff like locking a zone and maybe the only way to get to it is by talking to an npc that delevels you to 60 for the event or something, lots of regen on mobs so that all the dps counts, I mean, their is lots of way to make it work, but first Hunter would have to like the idea, then you could go from their.
MarkR

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 07:08:52 pm »

heheh I remember the mob quests in live those were fun.. I think they still may be around. the ones where you turn into mobs and do missions.

zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 07:11:14 pm »

Yeah i loved the monster missions they were great for experience and really nice gear drops.

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 07:11:54 pm »

monster missions? Ya, those are fun, cause you basically become this complete random thing with certain abilities and you dont have your amazing gear or at highest level, makes you rely a little more on skill and the people doing the mission with you.
vile

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 07:13:33 pm »

always a laugh for your massive ogre warrior to suddenly look like tunare in a dress ;P
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 07:17:03 pm »

Yeah it added strategy into the mix. You had to plan out who would be what class and what their jobs would be during it. It even allowed the lower leveled players a chance at great gear and experience. Plus a chance to try out different classes without losing every thing you earned. Down fall being high level players with no skills as they leveled solely from these missions.  Shocked

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 09:39:06 pm »

In Shards of Dalaya we had these type of GM events where the main bad guy (Kaezul or something similar) would try to capture a zone.
Huge amounts of mobs would flood into the zone, and if they weren't all killed before they captured the zone Kaezul would then own it.
So you could either try to kill all the mobs before the zone was captured (hard as hell) or wait for the zone to fall, then not only were there normal zone spawns, but also a whole new zone full of Kaezulian mobs.
Each normal Kaezulian (Iksars, because Kaezul was an Iksar) has a chance to spawn a boss. Each boss dropped unique gear only available during the wars.
Was a great concept, allowed the whole server to get excited (either for gear only available there, or something to do),

They were available in any zone too.
normally they were in some zone kinda populated, but if people ignored them Athica (Felewithe, custom "Main Town" of SoD) would get attacked FORCING everyone (or all the high end anyway) people to participate. Would be the same if Surefall and Nexus got over run.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 09:45:06 pm »

Went to the SoD wiki to bring a link. Not saying we copy someone else's idea, just giving a general idea.
Also, for the highend and lowend dilemma. In SoD gear made it easier, yeah, but the content wasnt just walked all over either. So we could still figure something out for EZ im sure if we wanted something similar.

Defend out hometowns from swarms of NPCs. Either be an attacker or defender. Hail someone in your "Home Town" (a town you arent KoS in basically) to determine if you're attacking or defending.
(Example) Ogres are gonna attack Kaladim. normally an Ogre is KoS, so Ogres, Trolls, etc... would hail and NPC in Oggok to become and attacker. Teleports to instanced Kaladim.
Dwarf, Human, etc.. who is normally KoS in Oggok, but allied to Kaladim would go to Kaladim and hail an NPC there to be a Defender. Gets teleported to same instanced Kaladim as attackers.
High spawn rate, higher HP on NPCs, all that.
Make people PvP on opposite sides. Then we got some fun

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65035
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 83
  • Online Ever: 8678