Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:20:17 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: EQ live Free to Play.  (Read 20524 times)
Pukagiz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 05:44:55 am »

Hmm.  EQLive is giving free accounts out eh?

How very interesting.

Think I will stick with EZ (when I put Skyrim / Minecraft / Books back down).

oh, btw guys - "Hi"

+1 for the post +99999999999999 for the image lmfao

free account isn't even worth it even if you have a gold / premium account....250 aa's on live isn't crap compared to what you need / have to have in order to even be useful there....if you were a healer class that MIGHT complete your healing advancement aa's but not much more then that maybe a few here and there but meh nothing worth mentioning...

so it's probably just a ploy to get people to actually play on the dead servers again so the game doesn't die out....

but ehhh i'm not wasting my money there ever again...i have no reason to go back....
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 07:33:19 am »

Anyone on Bertox wanna trade Plat here for Plat there? Think I had 3 mill when I quit back in 2007 lol.
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 09:39:28 am »

Wizards and Zerks... were the DPS kings up through UF.  I haven't played since HoT was released.  Mages and Rogues push them for the title in some fights, but there is a lot of button mashing involved toward getting top numbers no matter the class.  And realize also that those numbers are based on fully geared top raid guild toons.  A top raid guild Ranger might easily out DPS a group geared Zerk or Wiz.

Xiggie (and Tom Petty) reminded me very much of why I no longer play live....; the waiting is the hardest part.
Pukagiz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 10:16:20 am »

Wizards and Zerks... were the DPS kings up through UF.

nope actually rangers in every raid from UF + topped the parses in every raid i was in...actually wizzies and rangers....zerkers weren't far behind the 2 though....rogues got the short end of the stick....monks were in there somewhere just not sure as i didn't raid with many monks....
Undeterred

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 11:19:26 am »

No desire to do Live ever again...

The limitations on FTP is a carrot to dangle so people start sending SOE their hard earned cash
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 12:11:28 pm »

It depends on gear/play skill.. I played a zerker in Fire and Fury on Firiona Vie and topped the parse every fight in raids. 2nd to me was a wizard, third was another zerker.. and then after that it was just whoever had the better gear.

Rangers on live are swordsman now.. So if you go back, don't expect to be able to just /autofire and not get griped at in the group for crappy DPS.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend going back. This server is 100x better. The servers/raid guilds nowadays recruit people that they already are friends with, or people that have devoted so many hours of time to get to the top of the leaderboards (funny the high end raid guilds won't recruit you unless you are high end, but how can you be high end without the guilds???! FUUUUUUUU).

Just stick with this server. If you feel the need to spend $15 or more per month, just do it here. It'll be better used, undoubtedly.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 12:12:04 pm »

It's the way lots of games are going, and will probly be the new thing for almost all MMO's. EQ2 has been F2P for awhile now, Aion went F2P in Europe and will soon follow in America. With it comes the whole pay as you play BS. If you want to enjoy it, pay the full subscription, or don't bother.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 12:22:54 pm »

If I do go back it will be to see how far I can get doing what I always wanted to do on live... box. There is absolutely no way I am going to pay $90 a month to box, hell I would not even pay 45 a month to box. As far as being limited to 250 aa, just pay a one time $5 fee and you can get 1000 aa. I know that wouldn't cover all the aa on live but it will get at minimum your core needed aa's. I don't figure eqlive will hold my interest like it did before but I will be able to get some unfinished business out of the way that was always locked away from me because of the whole lfg thing.

Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 12:30:30 pm »

True, LFG does suck... but don't expect to get into any guilds with only 1k AA's.. (I know you said you only wanted to go for unfinished business, but there's always that temptation.).. I mean, your main obviously could get in if you got him some AA's.. but for most guilds with HIGH need classes, you had to have around 1500 AA's to get accepted into the guild. As a not needed class... and monks are usually not very needed.. You're looking at top end gear AND prob 2k+ AA's required to get considered.

To go back for nostalgia, this is a great thing they did... But to go back and for them to expect you to be full-fledged into the game... No way...

To further explain... My mage at level 90 had 1k AA's and I was still missing a lot of the important AA's.. It's not just important to get the AA's, it's important to max them out.. (and some of them have 20+ ranks.. the Defensives for example, are probably over 30 ranks at 3-6-9AA's per 3 rank ups...) this is all rough information as it's been awhile since I've been on... But I know with 1k AA's I did not have all of my major AA's as a mage... and especially not all of them maxed.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 12:35:18 pm »

Yeah, if I do go back I am sure it would take a while before I really reached a point where I would not really benefit from just my group set up. At that point if I am really into it I might sign up for a second account and have my warrior upgraded, but honestly I doubt it will ever come to that. I suspect there will probably be some froob guilds running around and if not, I am sure creating one would find a large demand.

Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 12:46:19 pm »

Yeah, and creating one nowadays is very easy... Alt + G, make up a name, and click create!! Wah-la!

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 12:57:58 pm »

I used to play a shaman, do I have to pay to unlock the class just so I can access my old character?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 01:06:09 pm »

I am guessing you would prolly have to pay to unlock the toon though I am not sure. If not it would be highly exploitable, (login right now for $15, create a toon not on the free list, deactivate account and wait for it to go free). I don't even think I would play it unless I could have at least one gold account, mostly because of the limitation on plat per level.

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 01:21:47 pm »

If you already had a toon, it is usable. But! If you exceed the character limit, some of them will be locked. Example: if you have 5 toons on your account, the first 3 or the last 3 will be locked since the limit is 2. If your main is one of those locked ones, yer fucked an have to buy extra character slots. You do not have to pay to unlock a race or class that you already had, but you cannot make a new one unless you pay to unlock it.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 01:29:11 pm »

That is good to know. I wonder what the cost to unlock a class is? Also will this carry over from a trial account? As in if I make an account under the 14 day free trial and create a bard and tool around with it for the 14 days will it be unlocked when it goes f2p?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 299
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)