Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:18:34 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: EQ live Free to Play.  (Read 20523 times)
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2012, 02:08:56 pm »

The only way a trial account can be used is if you upgrade it at some point to a paid account. Anything you use on trial will not work for live until paid for.
As far as prices, I would assume they will be similar to EQ2, a new race is like $2, while a race pack of 4 is like $5. Same deal with classes. You can almost quadruple your yield if you double your money in nearly everything, content, race/class, items, char slots, bank space, inventory space ect. You are also very limited on money and spells/AA's and the only way to fully unlock those is a gold membership. Even buying q silver membership doesn't help much.
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2012, 04:16:57 pm »

... and if it works like EQ2 ftp did... you end up paying more to unlock spells/items/Abilities than if you had gone gold in the first place.

If memory serves... you get a certain amount of keys per/$5.  You purchase the keys to unlock things like mounts ($12?), spells ($5), abilities($5), special armor ($5).  Keys to unlock mounts do not unlock say... spells.  That's a separate item at $5.

I don't think I can log on to my old accounts at all - limitations or not... without paying for the normal Gold Member fee?  Right?  I mean the accounts already exceed all the choke points placed on ftp for AAs, spells, items etc...
Pukagiz

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2012, 05:12:40 pm »

I don't think I can log on to my old accounts at all

not true read the FAQ section of the link Xiggie posted point 8 under Memberships.....basically i could go back to my 90 warr with 4k aa's and about 1.8m plat on the account i just would be able to gain any aa's or plat and be restricted in any class or char i made after Feb 29th BUT if i made a class and race that isn't one of the "unlocked" ones i could still play it if it was made before Feb29th blah blah blah....just read the FAQ section it explains alot  =P
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 10:11:10 pm »

Yea, I read where they are having grandfather clauses hehe... If you already have it, you keep it, sort of thing, and don't pay for it.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2012, 05:37:43 pm »

If you already have a toon over the AA cap, you keep them all, but you cannot earn any more.  If you are already over the money cap, you can keep it and spend it, but you cannot gain or deposit any more.
If you have say 2 mil plat, you can move it out of the bank and can spend it, but if you try to sell an item to a vendor, or loot a mob with money on it, you will not get credit for it.
In EQ2, all AA's are refunded and you are limited by how many and which ones you can spend, all items are also un-attuned and you have to agree to either re-attune everything up front, or if you say no, you cannot use a lot of it.
You don't unlock things by just paying money, you have to purchase Station Cash, which you use to buy lower things, and buying "keys" unlocks some of the higher stuff.
Slyminx

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 11:16:17 am »

There's an undetectable version of ShowEQ out there that runs on windows btw (for those of you worried with MQ2 detection). I'm not exactly clear on how it's called, because I've only caught glimpse of it once during my Guide career, but I know it had mob spawns, maps and targetting. No loot showing or such like the ShowEQ had.

I think it was developped by a single guy from Serbia or Croatia and he was giving usable keys for the program out on a i-know-you basis.

Have you seen my bear Tibbers?
teraphina

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 08:02:25 pm »

ok was talking to one of the tech guys for everquest and he said that it is posible that we can use macroquest as long as we didnt use the auto functions or the cheat functions, that the map function should be fine
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2012, 09:18:33 pm »

I could even do without the map. Stick and eqbc are the two main things that I would want to use. Anyway to get feedback on that?

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2012, 05:58:34 pm »

My question to SOE.

Hi folks, I am giving serious consideration toward returning to Everquest live this month. I have been a member of the EMU community where use of 3rd party software (MQ2) is not only encouraged, but required in order to succeed on low population servers.

My question to you is simply ... would you consider (at anytime in the future) allowing use of bare bones MQ2 to control a party of characters?

I have 3 live accounts and would use them to level my main character on a 4th account if MQ2 were allowed. However, if some sort of group control software is not allowed I would find it very difficult to justify returning to live play to spend a significant portion of my time LFG.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Zatty

SOE's response

Hello there zatty,

Our rules of conduct currently prohibit the use of any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to EverQuest without the express written permission of Sony Computer Entertainment America. As we currently have no intentions of changing these rules, the use of any 3rd party application for EverQuest is strictly prohibited and will result in the termination of your account without any refund of any kind.

For more information, please refer to the following Knowledge Base Article: https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16211

The reference number for this ticket is 120302-000769. Please use this number if you need to refer back to this contact for any reason.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues and I will be happy to assist you. Give us a call at 858-537-0898 Monday through Friday, 10 am to 7 pm Pacific time.

Thank you.

Sean F.
Technical Support Representative
Sony Online Entertainmen
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2012, 06:20:36 pm »

Thank you for the input. Seems their policies are going to remain the same. I see a lot of bannings in their future or a shift in policy, be it on the up and up or quietly.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2012, 06:23:20 pm »

Provided I can find a copy of mq2 that will work with eqlive I will probably try it on some froob accounts. Of course I am going to strip it down as far as I can get it so that only stick and eqbc works. Prolly also check out membership at macroquest.

oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2012, 06:27:36 pm »

My question to SOE.

Hi folks, I am giving serious consideration toward returning to Everquest live this month. I have been a member of the EMU community where use of 3rd party software (MQ2) is not only encouraged, but required in order to succeed on low population servers.

My question to you is simply ... would you consider (at anytime in the future) allowing use of bare bones MQ2 to control a party of characters?

I have 3 live accounts and would use them to level my main character on a 4th account if MQ2 were allowed. However, if some sort of group control software is not allowed I would find it very difficult to justify returning to live play to spend a significant portion of my time LFG.

Zatty

SOE's response

Hello there zatty,

Our rules of conduct currently prohibit the use of any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to EverQuest without the express written permission of Sony Computer Entertainment America. As we currently have no intentions of changing these rules, the use of any 3rd party application for EverQuest is strictly prohibited and will result in the termination of your account without any refund of any kind.

For more information, please refer to the following Knowledge Base Article: https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16211

The reference number for this ticket is 120302-000769. Please use this number if you need to refer back to this contact for any reason.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues and I will be happy to assist you. Give us a call at 858-537-0898 Monday through Friday, 10 am to 7 pm Pacific time.

Thank you.

Sean F.
Sony Online Entertainmen

So I went to his link and read this:
14. You will not create, use or provide any server emulator or other site where EverQuest may be played, and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to EverQuest without the express written permission of Sony Computer Entertainment America.

LOL, I am not sure that provision is legally enforceable, but it clearly states (as far as Sony is concerned) you chose one or the other.  I am American enough to toss the finger up to any company that wants to tell my I can't do business with other vendors.  Cheesy

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2012, 09:57:18 pm »

I used to deal with them for business and found that they have many unenforceable policies.  They ignored any advice to the contrary knowing that the bulk of their player base did not have the financial wherewithal to challenge those policies.  A few (Rogen and others...) challenged them and won, but there were tons of others who lost their accounts (and worse) who did not.

What I saw in the reply was just the canned answer.  That's a low level AGM  answering me, and he had no other option available.  I doubt we will ever see MQ2 allowed as they will just shut down before violating their own rules, but it can't hurt to push that sort of issue to the top of the Tuesday morning staff conference agenda.   Who knows, currently executive leadership might have less qualms about MQ2 than Smedley.  You just have to get it in front of them first.
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2012, 10:00:45 am »

My question to SOE.

Zatty

SOE's response

Hello there zatty,

Thank you.

Sean F.
Sony Online Entertainmen

Bumping for those wondering about SOE's MQ policy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 299
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)