Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 03:08:54 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Functionalize My Shaman!!!!  (Read 9945 times)
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 04:47:43 am »

Something is clearly not functional here... and it looks like more than one non-functionality in play.

My shaman with full AA casts buffs with a Guardian 50 equipped and they last longer than when he casts them with it not equipped.  For all players except the shaman himself.  The Shaman always gets the base time.  Other players get the base or a longer period, depending on if the Guardian is equipped.

This implicates a problem with the shaman's buffing code.  This *may* implicate a problem with the Guardian charm code as well; however, if the buff duration changes with the charm equipped / not equipped, then we can know the Guardian code is indeed working, even if not up to specification.

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Kaldar

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 11:10:27 am »

If I recall correctly, the buff duration  effect does work on guardians but a while back there was debate about how much duration focus would be allowed. This debate centered on extending warrior's stonewall to the point where they could keep it on full time. Since then things have changed, and since this is no longer an issue perhaps some retuning is in order.
I would love to bring my shammy back into the game. But buff duration alone will not do it. Perhaps a better heal spell, bringing back their DoT spell from t3-4 (this is way less dps than present toons are doing), and a significant attack debuff. The debuff should be one that no mobs are immune to that results in a reduction of the mob's DPS by perhaps 5-10%.
I think that would bring shamans back into play in all tiers.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 255