Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:04:45 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How far can 4.0 pet solo?  (Read 11031 times)
Wamorm

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2012, 08:56:23 am »

How far into gane can thr 4.0 mage prt solo, nameds and trash
firbie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 09:45:32 am »

about t1 for a mage pet t2 and hoh for necro pets
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 06:07:56 pm »

4.0 Mage pets can kill trash and I am pretty sure bosses in T1 and at a slower pace trash in T2. You would need to be heavy on the heals for the bosses and T2 trash. 4.0 necro pet can kill trash in both T1 and T2 and bosses in T1. Bosses in T2 have adds so the pet just simply gets overwhelmed. You can prolly kill one trash mob with a mage pet in HoH. 4.0 Necro pet can handle pairs and maybe even a 3rd if it was 1 regular trash and 2 trash pets. It's also better to do with a necro because of FD.

The only issue you would really have is t1 and t2 poison. Without some sort of cure poison item you're not going to be successful.

cruela

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 11:16:21 am »

Soloing on my 4.0 mage with oracle 11 and damage range wand I can take out HoH avatars and two minor adds without an issue.  Just keep up the shylo renewal.   Without smaller add ons and adding my own nukes I can take on two avatars though I have to pay attention.
Gyan1010

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 02:08:50 pm »

T2 is fine with necro 4.0 if you use pet hold and kill adds as the spawn for bosses. Poison is a problem unless you gave the arms that cure it from some guy in VT. Necro 4.0 can also move on and solo all of HoH if your careful. You can even kill shadow but it will take for ever. The limit comes in T3 bosses. It can solo the easy ones but requires you kill adds as they spawn like in T2. It takes forever too. The tougher ones though will eventually kill the pet.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 02:11:23 pm »

Can keep most trash cleared with 2.5 necro in T1, except for the poisoners. Can do select T1 bosses with necro 2.5. Can do 3.0 in T2 pretty easily, but again poison proc becomes a major issue, and some of the bosses the adds chew up a 3.0 pet too much to be viable. 3.5 I've solo'd Kronos with a necro. Its rough, and have to stand and heal a lot, but doable.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
jvii

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 02:30:24 pm »

FYI - 2 casts of Dark Salve will cure Minor Dragon Poison on a Nec pet. Not sure about Major. It would be nice to have the same ability with the Mag pets. :/
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 07:04:22 pm »

It does? The level 69 heal and the T3 heal both have poison/disease/curse removal.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 07:28:24 pm »

Scrubby necros!  *shakefist*

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Saphien

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 01:01:02 pm »

Glad to see that we finally have some chatter in here! Smiley

I'd like to talk about methods for solo'ing and setups for Mages.

I didn't really play a mage and in this game on EZ we level up fast and get most spells instantly.

My current setup:
3.0 pet with fireblades. (Not sure if the pally epic is even still worth it at this level? thoughts?)

I have Pet Affinity and I get the Raid Buffs from Caster Guild for him. Do I still need to overwrite anything? I know our damage shield is higher but that's all that I cast over his buffs.

I have all the elemental AAs for pet increases but not sure which other AAs are good for that.

Is there any other spells buffs or shields that would be good to use? What about other AAs for bosses? I know there's  a Burnout type AA that might work well.

Any strats to post or start discussing? For bosses, I tend to send the pet in and just heal the largest heal with Healing Focus on and pray for the best.  

I also got the pet item from QVIC last night to make my pet stronger, not sure if that's still broke or if it works. Saw another thread about it and they all kept going back and forth with conflicting DPS data.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:03:14 pm by Saphien » Logged
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 01:37:10 pm »

Buff your pet with a 2.0 click and the highest level haste spell you have. However, frenzied burnout seems to be bugged, and actually lowers your pet's damage.
Saphien

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 02:39:44 pm »

Forgot to mention that I also give them Crystal Belt and the Muzzle. These don't poof across the zonelines do they like the epics do?
trydaneq

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 04:15:37 pm »

Forgot to mention that I also give them Crystal Belt and the Muzzle. These don't poof across the zonelines do they like the epics do?

If you have the Caster guild Fireblade v2 then it is pointless to equip epics.  The epic will only heal for about 100 points, far from worth it.

I'm just getting sick of typing it...Xiggie- SHUT UP!!!
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 06:23:56 pm »

It's 500 per proc, and it cures poisons/diseases. Still kinda nice if you're soloing in PoD (if you can be close enough to the pet to get procs). Sure, your pet will have 10k less hp, but what's 10k when your pet has like 300k?  Grin
cruela

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 09:29:47 am »

Poison and Disease aren't a big deal once you have Legend of Shylo Renewal - it cures the dragon poison.

2.0 on the 4.0 pet - add burning-whatever-its-called-pet-buff and you're set.  Can take on any avatar (dispel pull Hell).  Haven't tried shadow - I imagine solo the mage would die without the ability to self heal.  I would try this but I would rather spare the our of mircomanaging to do pretty much anything else  Tongue.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 169