Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:04:28 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: NS Aug/Range Attack  (Read 6279 times)
Kwai

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2012, 04:13:29 pm »

I haven't been parsing lately so I totally missed this, but flipped over to my Ranger today and saw nothing but Red ..."Your target resists the ninja"... along with normal bow damage.  This was T5 and happened wet or dry.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same thing happen... or if I am doing something wrong?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:00:20 pm »

or if I am doing something wrong?

my Ranger

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 10:09:26 am »

Not sure about on land, but corals are completely resistant to spell damage from range.  You have to be inside melee distance to hit them

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:08:44 pm »

Not sure about on land, but corals are completely resistant to spell damage from range.  You have to be inside melee distance to hit them

AKA "Belly Caster" for anyone who ever played on Live and remembers killing some of the old dragons.  Even though your procs will not land on a Coral with your Ranger, you are still doing more damage just from white damage than you would if you melee.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 03:49:56 pm »

**SOLVED**

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 05:21:38 pm »

Even though your procs will not land on a Coral with your Ranger, you are still doing more damage just from white damage than you would if you melee.

Actually, if you put your augs on the ranger's swords, you'll do more damage than ranged, no matter what the fight.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 11:49:36 am »

Thanks everyone for the input.  I actually noticed this anomaly on Alkari mobs as well.  The belly caster limitation seems to be in play as noted.  Ninja Strikes from the Monk take full effect with no resists, but are fully resisted from the Ranger bow (regardless of mob?)....

I do remember fire giants on live being belly cast as my Wiz couldn't land spells from a distance.  However, my Wiz spell lands on T5 mobs from range, but the Ninja Strike does not.  So, I am not sure the mystery is quite solved yet.

I'll run both the Wiz and Ranger today with /log on and see if I can do a better job of pinpointing which mobs (or if it's all) resist ... and what spells.... and distance.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 299
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)