Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 02:48:48 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: UF Client Issues (That don't exist in Titanium or SoD)  (Read 15917 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 07:02:56 pm »

Yeah, doing it that way I can totally understand where you are coming from. I still don't agree because I think it makes it too easy for one crowd while making it too hard for another but I totally get why it is an issue. With it that way I would prolly end up going with Shadow for my charm upgrades or loading up Tit for that one toon to loot under. I really would like to figure out why there is a delay in it though.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 08:49:56 pm »

Just tried without EQPlayNice and it's still breaking. Going to have to look at some alternatives.

I tossed in a detailed description to MQEmulator to see if they might have anything useful.

Going to test without WinEQ2 at all now.

-Hate

EDIT: Just did and couldn't even get client to act correctly. It would NOT let me get rid of start bar and it kept trying to fullscreen. Back to Titanium

EDIT 2: http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=976
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:07:47 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 10:31:20 pm »

Here is my setup....

Basic MQ2 from MQ2emulator.net

WinEQ2 --- 2 seperate folders

Main folder -- for pally right now.. a bit higher view distance

2nd Folder - bare bone settings

I almost never ever get the "dance" from characters unless i just switched off that toon. Switching back to them fixes their /stick.. then switch back to main screen.

MQ2FPS settings have my fps on main at about 30~fps and all background instances of EQ at about 15-20~ fps.

Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 08:32:04 am »

Glad to hear about you courting Shift-Loot now! :-)
Are you running WinEQ2 or ISBoxer too?

Just MQ2 for me. Loot lag was negligible last night in my instance, but was getting some occasional lag with my 'sticking' characters. Not sure if it is UF or just general server lag.
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 12:44:59 pm »

Here is my setup....

Basic MQ2 from MQ2emulator.net

WinEQ2 --- 2 seperate folders

Main folder -- for pally right now.. a bit higher view distance

2nd Folder - bare bone settings

I almost never ever get the "dance" from characters unless i just switched off that toon. Switching back to them fixes their /stick.. then switch back to main screen.

MQ2FPS settings have my fps on main at about 30~fps and all background instances of EQ at about 15-20~ fps.

the "dance" is due to an MQ2MoveUtils option. Make sure "WinEQ=on" is set to on as it defaults to off in the ini (i forget the command to do it in game, can edit the ini just as easily though). Turning this on instantly solved any sick problems that i had over the course of 3-4 weeks, it was a huge relief once i found that fix.

as far as loot lag is still concerned...ive never and i mean never experienced this loot lag at all and i just switched to UF 2 weeks ago. Since then ive farmed about 4-5 charms in LDON4 with no issues of lag at all. I've also never heard of eqplaynice and i dont have it in any of my mq2 folders, and im a pretty avid user of mq2, i have like 4 hotbars full of macros i use all the time.

have you tried on a fresh UF install with no saved ini's / whatever else loaded? if its still doing it then, id rule out mq2 being the culprit
Noel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 02:51:25 pm »

Do you need to have WinEQ running to use WinEQ=on ?

If i don't use it - will adding it to INI still help?

Digz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 03:10:16 pm »

i doubt the option will have any effect if you dont use mq2
Noel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 03:21:20 pm »

Mq2 yes, but not WinEQ
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 04:04:00 pm »

i dont have any experiance messing with the option turned on while not using winEQ since im always using it but i cant see the option effecting your game if wineq isnt loaded
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 04:22:46 pm »

For those having dificutlies with stick and mq2 on SoD+ try turning mq2clip off. /plugin mq2clip unload. Also disable eqplaynice. Both of those programs are basically configured into SoD+.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 06:33:52 pm »

I will add in the line to the MoveUtils this evening when I get home.  --Thanks Digz

I don't know if I even have that loaded (MQ2Clip) as I tried to minimize running services/plugins. I will definitely try that this evening. I tried disabling EQPlayNice and it had no effect on /stick issues. It did skyrocket my CPU usage (before I was sitting at 30% for 6 boxes, today I was at 30% using 2 boxes). I found the Frame Rate and Background limiters on first page of the Options tab in Underfoot. Set them both to Unlimited (from whatever the default was at), no change.  --Thanks Xiggie

Thank you for the information as well Paldail.

-Hate

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 07:17:07 pm »

I do have 1 ANNOYANCE with Underfoot though... if anyone has this problem.. or a fix to it I'd love to hear it.

When I have all my toons loaded... and I zone on one of them.. lets say they died.... once they completely zone my cursor will fly over to the corner of the screen where that boxed character is. Gets really annoying when I try to click something after a toon dies and my cursor goes flying off the screen.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 07:20:37 pm »

I also found a way to replicate that bug for the "Dance"... if you manually switch characters by using the mouse to click on a new screen the last character will not do the "Dance." However if you do the WINEQ2 ctrl alt-# .. to switch to a toon my toon that I just switched off of.. will start doing the "Dance." Then i click their screen with mouse and click back to main and it fix it.

So using the Ctrl+Alt # .. seems to make my characters dance.. otherwise it doesn't happen at all for me.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 10:35:03 pm »

I also found a way to replicate that bug for the "Dance"... if you manually switch characters by using the mouse to click on a new screen the last character will not do the "Dance." However if you do the WINEQ2 ctrl alt-# .. to switch to a toon my toon that I just switched off of.. will start doing the "Dance." Then i click their screen with mouse and click back to main and it fix it.

So using the Ctrl+Alt # .. seems to make my characters dance.. otherwise it doesn't happen at all for me.

Paldail, DAMN good find. This does it EVERY time when I use the CTRL ALT # keybind.

-Hate

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 10:59:15 pm »

Paldail, DAMN good find. This does it EVERY time when I use the CTRL ALT # keybind.

-Hate

I dont think it does it when I alt+ tab though.. would check.. but been having trouble logging in today. Internet was down... then login server was being buggy

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 179