Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 05:13:11 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: UF Client Issues (That don't exist in Titanium or SoD)  (Read 15934 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2012, 01:24:08 pm »

Ok, here is what I can offer.

I run sk/brd/clr/wiz/wiz/wiz and have looting issues on all them. Cleared LDON5 a bunch for King's Chest cards for my paladin's caster guild membership and it was horrible for him too. The first part of the clearing was without MQ2, the last card (35min…) was with MQ2 running. It was terrible on all the characters. With Titanium, it works fantastically. I can clear corpses in the same time or less using Titanium than I can with Underfoot using the "Loot All" shift clicking.

However, the delay is not just with looting. I have a 1-3 second delay with any actions I take. Spell casting, item clicks, or other such actions all have that same delay associated with them.

The only things I can link are the achievements were causing queries, there are stats that exist in UF (but not active on EZ), and WinEQ2's limiters (EQPlayNice) can cause drastic changes to framerate and game 'responsiveness'.

I will attempt to test a few theories as I have time with UF. If anyone else has something else to suggest, let me know. I can test it as I have time. Please post any suggestions/theories/possible-links.

If you are NOT having this issues, post what you are running (MQ2 [macros yes/no], WinEQ2, etc) please!

-Hate

ADDED: Corpses are not appearing correctly. Too often characters that zone at the same time are in the same zone, can interact with mobs, but cannot see each other.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:26:39 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 01:59:07 pm »

I run MQ2 and have no issues looting. I don't lag or any thing like that.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 02:27:55 pm »

I'm using HoT client. Loot sometimes lags a bit, but if the server population is lower I can loot one corpse every 1-2 seconds or so. I'm running MQ2, but not using any macros, or wineq. Just running 3-6 EQ processes. I am hydraing keystrokes to my other windows so I can be looting on my SK while pulling on my warrior, but it doesn't seem to negatively affect anything

Are you sure you have '/hidecorpse looted' enabled? If you don't, they fade out and it causes issues.
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 03:28:54 pm »

I too recently switched to UF from Titanium and noticed loot lag. It seems very dependent on how many people are on the server, however. Loot is just as fast as Titanium when only 250 people are online.
You totally just taught me about Shift looting, however, so thanks for that haha.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 05:42:34 pm »

I run MQ2 and have no issues looting. I don't lag or any thing like that.
Are you running WinEQ2 as well?

I'm using HoT client. Loot sometimes lags a bit, but if the server population is lower I can loot one corpse every 1-2 seconds or so. I'm running MQ2, but not using any macros, or wineq. Just running 3-6 EQ processes. I am hydraing keystrokes to my other windows so I can be looting on my SK while pulling on my warrior, but it doesn't seem to negatively affect anything

Are you sure you have '/hidecorpse looted' enabled? If you don't, they fade out and it causes issues.
I know the running 3 wizards thing seems odd, but I'm not (totally) stupid. :-)
I actually use '/hidecorpse all' every second or third pull in every zone but Abyss. This applies to all my boxes, not just my "main screen".

I too recently switched to UF from Titanium and noticed loot lag. It seems very dependent on how many people are on the server, however. Loot is just as fast as Titanium when only 250 people are online.
You totally just taught me about Shift looting, however, so thanks for that haha.
Glad to hear about you courting Shift-Loot now! :-)
Are you running WinEQ2 or ISBoxer too?

Right now UF is very sluggish to do most anything (for me). I am suspecting WinEQ2 and/or UF are causing issues with each other since both support some form of CPU/GPU limiters. Having two of them may be causing competition.

For those running WinEQ2, what are the settings for your "EQPlayNice"? (literally every setting option and what it is set to!) I will try to tinker with values, or maybe even turn completely off. It seems a bit overkill (and possibly cumbersome) to have two CPU and GPU limiters running.

-Hate

(And before it comes up: i7-920, nVidia 560ti, 12GB of DDR3 (1600Mhz), 750gb 7200RPM hard drive (SATA 3?). I have the hardware to be safely running 6 copies, so I don't necessarily think that is causing any issues)

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 05:42:38 pm »

Are yall using wineq? Those that are having loot lag.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 05:44:57 pm »

If you are using wineq turn it off. Especially the eqplaynice feature. Eqplaynice is basically built into sod and uf, and I think sof also. My client was really sluggish when I used eqplaynice when I switched to SoD.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 05:49:08 pm »

Thank you Xiggie for the reply.

I was considering it beforehand, but for some reason I did not. I cannot get rid of WinEQ2 entirely as I have become addicted to using the CTRL ALT # to select one of my characters. I always load my characters in a set order and (with a Logitech G15) I can very easily select a character to go with.

Will try when I get home, thank you again for the input.

-Hate

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 06:07:14 pm »

Before I switched to SoD I could box 5 very comfortably, 6 with minimal notice, 9 being my absolute limit. When I switched to SoD 3 was noticeable and 5 being unplayable. I turned of Wineq and I could box 2 groups. I believe it is just the eqplaynice feature though as others play using wineq just fine. With the built in cpu limiter in SoD client and beyond I guess some of the settings get crossed or something. Hope it works.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 06:10:09 pm »

With Titanium and all the WinEQ mess going, I can handle 12 clients without breaking 60% ram.

I have not had a chance to faceroll public PoA again, so I do not know what my limit is with UF yet.

However, until I get the loot lag and/or stick issues resolved...I will be on Titanium. Loot lag I can handle, stick failures I cannot. Having half of my team run off bridges in Abyss is time consuming and annoying. It failed to be humorous after the first time.

-Hate

cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 06:13:59 pm »

Using UF I have loot lag whether there is 100 people on or 400 people on. I have absolutely no lag whatsoever in other areas, ie item clicks and spell casting.

Edit: this happens with or without MQ2. Also I dont use WinEQ, always use /hidecorpse looted .
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:19:04 pm by cerwin » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 06:18:34 pm »

That is exactly the kind of problems I was having while still using wineq/eqplaynice. Stick worked like follow. Try it without wineq and see how it works. If it works, then try it with wineq but turn off eqplaynice and see if it works. Cerwin are you also using wineq?

cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 06:19:40 pm »

That is exactly the kind of problems I was having while still using wineq/eqplaynice. Stick worked like follow. Try it without wineq and see how it works. If it works, then try it with wineq but turn off eqplaynice and see if it works. Cerwin are you also using wineq?

Edited my post, no im not using wineq
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 06:37:00 pm »

I just tried it with UF and SoD and there is about a 2 second lag between right clicking the corpse and the loot window opening up/kneeling to loot. I did this vanilla, no mq2, no wineq nothing. That right there would actually break farming for me  cause when you are trying to loot thousands of corpses an hour adding 2 seconds to each one of those is a no go. This was with one toon in and about 380 on the server.

cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 06:42:07 pm »

That right there would actually break farming for me  cause when you are trying to loot thousands of corpses an hour adding 2 seconds to each one of those is a no go. This was with one toon in and about 380 on the server.

Bro this was my point exactly in the v1 charm thread lol. I havent seriously farmed charm v1 since this all started a few months ago because it takes 2 or 3 times as long with all the corpses you have to loot. Now if there were less corpses it wouldnt be an issue...

I really dont wana go back to Titanium either, UF is so much better except for the looting.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 209