Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 05:08:25 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: How far can you solo?  (Read 20023 times)
iaewedar

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2010, 09:19:28 am »

I am a noob to EZ, so go easy on me.  I did 25 levels or so in a few hours last night and got to wondering how far can you solo on EZ?  I am a ranger if that makes a difference.

Look forward to learning as I go, thanks Smiley

Iae
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 09:49:31 am »

I was wondering this myself.

As I said in another thread, when I played live all those years ago, I never really hit the endgame, so a lot of the stuff people are talking about goes over my head.

The levels of some of people's stats is amazingly staggering.

Hopefully though I won't be soloing forever!  Grin

Rob Smiley
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 09:54:36 am »

When you hit BoT... it might be harder to solo named... trash aint too bad (not at 60 though, more like 65+).  So I guess BoT is where it starts to get a little hectic. so probably 60 would be time to group up unless you have issues before that

On the other hand.. if you were a Paly, I would have said after Field of Bone, if you survive it, you will need a group!  Grin

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 10:26:46 am »

On the other hand.. if you were a Paly, I would have said after Field of Bone, if you survive it, you will need a group!  Grin

Poor Pallies..... Hunter is going to get so sick of hearing this that he is going to make them insanely super powered. LOL!

Rob Smiley
Number XIII: Roxas

Number XIII Roxas. The Keyblade's Chosen One

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 10:30:17 am »

More like when you get to Dulok. I would know. That's where I am stuck at.
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 10:45:49 am »

only named should be a problem solo in Dulak under 55

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 10:46:47 am »

only named should be a problem solo in Dulak under 55

Quigli is red to me at 58.  I didnt check any others.

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 11:44:18 am »

Poor Pallies..... Hunter is going to get so sick of hearing this that he is going to make them insanely super powered. LOL!

I would be ok with this

Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 01:18:24 pm »

It's somewhat class dependent.  Most melee classes will hit a wall at some point, though I don't know where that is cause I never solo'd my melees.

I've never tried a wizard.

Pet classes can solo all the way to 70 because the caster can heal the pet during the fights.  With my mage I was soloing almost exclusively until I needed King Cards from LDoN for the CG quest.  Getting them with points was possible but would have taken a long time.  Any soloing beyond that, while possible would have been impractical.  For 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 quests I made some friends and we all helped each other do the epics.

Qvic is the first zone where soloing is simply not an option for any class. (without gear far above what drops in qvic)

So, if you're going to play one toon at a time, you'll want to start making friends among others who do the same.  If you multi-box, you can go clear to the end game
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 12:54:35 pm by Gantrathor » Logged
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 01:26:34 pm »

unfortunately you are right, even with gear above Qvic a pet class wont be able to solo Qvic. Their pet would get killed to quickly.
I would say melee wall is also Qvic, maybe a bit sooner. LDoN or PoTime even.
Melee becomes far superior to casters once they hit T1 and T2+

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 03:38:18 pm »

I kinda disagree with melee being superior to pet class. Proper use of pet guard and pet hold and flipping the mob with your mage/bst/necro and you can still very much so compete with melee class. As for bosses that spawn adds, nothing can really compete with area taunt on a warrior, but pet class still out dps's any melee class most of the time. A closer statement would be that one has advantages where another doesn't and vice versa.

Karbuk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 03:45:52 pm »

I kinda disagree with melee being superior to pet class. Proper use of pet guard and pet hold and flipping the mob with your mage/bst/necro and you can still very much so compete with melee class. As for bosses that spawn adds, nothing can really compete with area taunt on a warrior, but pet class still out dps's any melee class most of the time. A closer statement would be that one has advantages where another doesn't and vice versa.

Dude im not being rude but you're wrong as hell Tongue maybe that stuff works in ldon/time but wont work in qvic+....yes pets do nice dps and have decent HP..their damage mitigation is garbage...they get crushed...ranger can do as much or more dps than a bst pet and take a lot of dmg and a warrior with sorc charm like lvl 20+ will outdps/tank anything atm
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 03:56:33 pm »

Your kidding me right? Do you want me to come solo trash in qvic with my mage to show you? I have seen bst solo trash in PoD as well. As for aoe damage, well I guess you right about that, because you could pull an infinite amount of mobs and always get more damage that way. However if you want to go with aoe damage then a zerker would prolly out dps them all because of the 6k aoe instant dd. As for a ranger out dpsing a 3.0 pet, I don't have a ranger so I don't know what changes have been made since last I looked at them.

To say it again, you can solo in qvic with your 3.0 pet if you do it right.

Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 04:06:52 pm »

Dude im not being rude but you're wrong as hell Tongue maybe that stuff works in ldon/time but wont work in qvic+....yes pets do nice dps and have decent HP..their damage mitigation is garbage...they get crushed...ranger can do as much or more dps than a bst pet and take a lot of dmg and a warrior with sorc charm like lvl 20+ will outdps/tank anything atm

Right on a bit of that and wrong on other parts.  Pet mitigation sucks hard.  They eat rampage a lot and die faster than melee dps but nothing in the game out damages a bst pet (non-disced at least but even with discs probably not).  I am going to post log results of  fighting Magni in t2.  I like to use that fight because after Thur is dead magni summons no adds and is a straight fight which is easy to check dps on.

War has 21 sorc charm and 4x AE augs.  Ranger is 3x3.0 with mossy V augs and qvic arrow and quiver.  Pets are similarly buffed with all class buffs and bst and mage pet are focus enhanced by 1 lvl each.  The war had a few seconds of attacking at the beginning which is why his total is higher than the ranger but his dps is lower.

In order of damage:
Beast pet  730k total  11,405 dps
Mage pet  438k total   6,845  dps
Warrior     318k total   4,739 dps  about 250k of that was AE aug damage.  
Ranger      298k total  4,800 dps
Necro pet  268k total  4,192 dps

These numbers are pretty standard to what I get on t1 bosses also.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 04:17:36 pm »

Incidentally I completely agree that pet melee mitigation sucks bigtime. And you know what, I am glad it does, it should. You get the benefit of high dps and the downfall of low mitigation. It is a good and proper trade off. Using pet guard and pet hold as well as flipping the mob if you have the hp for it really helps out though. Believe it or not, even mage mitigation is better than the pet mitigation.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)