Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 10:42:20 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Angry nerd 6-7  (Read 14052 times)
Nocca

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2012, 01:26:29 pm »

I haven't read anything on these though I'm assuming theyre on the way considering the strike upgrades or maybe I'm just hoping they are..Whats the deal?

Nocca
Noel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 02:34:38 pm »

Agreed a small bump would be super nice. These AUGs are one of the very few reasons why playing WAR is still fun.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 03:13:10 pm »

No more Hate is needed possible only a smudge of damage. ( I.E. The Hate reset )

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Tavi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 04:02:01 pm »

I would like to see the War added to the Firestrike line with the new changes in the 2HS epic. Then you can still use the angry 4 and 5 and get a bump in DPS which is what we all are really looking for.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 04:04:43 pm »

I would like to see the War added to the Firestrike line with the new changes in the 2HS epic. Then you can still use the angry 4 and 5 and get a bump in DPS which is what we all are really looking for.

If this is done then groups would just go back to being nothing but paladins and warriors. This is pretty much where we moved away from.

Nocca

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 05:41:35 pm »

Xiggie Are you gonna stop playing your monk if wars get angry nerd 6 and or 7? I don't choose to primary play a monk just because they have better dmg and augs then War but maybe that goes toward your point..We all have our favorite play style and class that fits that of course. Simply put it just doesn't make sense to me that strike augs and all the other types of augs would be upped to 7 and what angry nerds stay at 5? Of course I have more vested interest in this then just the uneven system as it stands, I as everyone would love a bit more dmg or something new and interesting to aspire to perhaps it is icestrikes I should be considering, or perhaps Hunter just hasn't figured out quite how he wants to update our angry nerd augs..?
Time as with anything else will tell.     

Nocca
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 06:10:20 pm »

Actually time has already told, hense my saying groups would go back to nothing but warriors and paladins. I am not just throwing out a hypothesis here, time has already proven.

Update: I misread what you said on the time will tell. I thought you were refering to time will tell in regards to whether or not people would go to only warriors and paladins. Sorry about that. Either way though, putting warriors at competitive dps results in a 2 maybe 3 class system. Warriors just got an upgrade in their tanking ability, personally I think they are just fine where they are.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:26:32 pm by Xiggie » Logged

Hurley

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 06:33:43 pm »

I agree that making warriors able to use FS augs would break the game, but I disagree that making higher levels of Anger augs would do any harm so long as they were not absurd. As it stands, with a UC Anger IV and V do 6k and 4k dmg respectively iirc(currently out of commission so I cant test it). Perhaps making some drops in T5/6 or making a more difficult combine(maybe 10x Anger 5 to make an anger 6) and upgrading dmg to say 8k and 12k(making the augs do 2k for aoe and 3k single target) could be a way to give warriors a little something more without making them OP.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 06:49:11 pm »

The problem with that is any joe can take a couple of rounds in HoH and come out with with dps on a warrior that is comparable to dps from dps classes. It is already easy as cake for them to come up with more dps than dps classes when you look at effort put forth vs reward. Making the dps augs takes a lot more effort than making angry nerds. So you end up with a class that is more resilient than any other class in the game and comparable dps to the top dps classes. Personally I think warrior dps is already too high. If I was up and coming right now I would create 2 paladins and 2 warriors plus 1 odd dps class and a pet class. I would work on that one dps class till it was aug'd and and then replace the other warrior with another dps class. They are cheap easy dps, and aoe at that to boot.

Hurley

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 06:58:34 pm »

I can see where your coming from there, but in that case it could always be components from the higher tier zones. Assumingly by the points, most people have at least 1 UC toon if not several, and some aug's chars. You cant do a whole lot in T5 without fully aug'd chars.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 105
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)