Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 02:35:05 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: AngryNerd6/7Revised  (Read 13537 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 10:11:06 am »

(To be fair, we need to agree on what a caster aug should have as an effect)

Twin cast

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 10:13:35 am »

Unless it is chance based, this would put high end wizards sooooooo far above the rest. I have no major issues with being top, but I do have issues with everyone rolling one class.

Just a thought.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 10:30:14 am »

Actually come to think of it wizards are pretty stout. Other caster classes I would say can use some loving though.

Noel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 11:39:01 am »

I have no major issues with being top

-Hate

Uh, so AN6 and AN7 is bad, but making Wiz TOP is ok (considering you've got like 3-4)?  Grin   If this is not a sign of the class being powerful, then i don't know what is. I haven't seen anyone run around with 3-4 warriors...

Not gonna happen! I think wizards are overpowered and should be de-tuned. Perhaps take away their casting ability and use them as live bait for pulling mobs...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:40:42 am by Noel » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 12:37:37 pm »

rofl and the bait was taken.

I am running on less than 4 hours of sleep and was still able to pull that off.

*flex*

Seriously, Twin Cast would be useful to Mages. Necros, Shaman(s?), Enchanters, and Druids would see little/no benefit. Wizards would become game breaking. With UC I am dropping ~1.29mil on a perfect cast with bard. With UC2 this would move up to nearly 2.5mil per perfect cast. With Twin Cast, I would be doing a MINIMUM of 1mil per cast, up to ~2.58mil with UC or ~5.0mil with UC2.

That's a bit extreme even in my skewed view of things.

-Hate

Nocca

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 06:36:35 pm »

I'd just like to mention the absurdity that is my paladin now with almost 3 FS6's has left my warriors dps in the dust..so paladins are a dps class now?? and that makes sense enuf i guess but that warriors get a slight aug increase NO WAI OMG can't tank all the dmg AND do dmg too..that makes no sense in any mmo..well this is a private server true enuf and there have already been balance issues forever..paladin on live was a class that couldnt tank aswell as warrior and couldnt heal as much as a healer class but thats what a hybrid is sure.. However here hes the most used healer and now DPSes aswell and lets not forget that before warriors did get the nice 2hs upgrade paladin was probably the primary tank in t5, I know Severs primary tanked t5.

More to the point what I would personally like to see and accomplish is the need for LESS boxing ,I enjoy playing my war and if I have to log my paladin on to keep me alive in some places well then fine but then for dps guess what I gotta log my pet classes on and for bosses maybe it should be expected but I have to log my wizards on.. Basically I went from a computer that was only able to handle 3 box play so I had my war pally and necromancer for awhile, now I can box 20 no sweat but I DONT WANT TO!  If you think about our server in alot of cases if you can kill the mob before it kills you then your survivability is pretty good..This is actually the case with warriors aswell because of our aoe we can kill a train of mobs that if given enuf time could actually kill me and sometimes due to lag or disconnect or other unforeseen issues does. Smiley

Considering where warrior dps is right now and where my paladins is, I dont think asking for an aug update is asking too much, just even out a bit with paladin atleast and Id be happily duoing or soloing alot more..As for the fear of war paladin overpopulated server, paladins are of course widely used and wars aswell but its the aoe that makes wars popular..If there were perhaps some augs made to aoe in the same regard that would certainly open up alot more class popularity and as we know there are already those that think boxing 4 necros with a paladin is a great idea and or multiple wizards or multiple beastlords..,I think ppl will play whatever they enjoy given the chance but obviously alot of us cannot becuz of restrictions or unbalanced issues etc..Obviously there are far more balancing issues on our server then just the fear of cookie cutter war/pally forever.
Your thoughts again?

Nocca
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 07:34:07 pm »

Does your warrior have almost 6 Icestrike VI? The Firestrike will hit a good bit harder because Knights can't DW and load'em up. DWing the Icestrikes should give a more similar damage output. The Anger augs gave warriors an easy mode threat generation and damage explosion. Eventually, Hunter added the -strikes to give other classes a fighting chance. After those appeared, we saw less of the warrior/cleric trains and more of the warrior/paladin/sk trains. Now that the cleric melee proc will scale with Amplify Healing, we are starting to see slight variations (but still predominately plates).

Once your warrior does have nearly 6 Icestrike VIs, I would expect the damage to balance out a bit. I cannot give exact numbers as I am not near my gaming machine at the moment to log in and check. Point still being, there needs to be SOME compromise. If warriors want godmode dps, they need to give the godmode survivability to the knights. If warriors want godmode survivability, they need to expect formidable (but not top) DPS. If you want both in the same package, you are a fool.  I would LOVE to be able to just run 6 wizards around, but that just isn't it the cards. I also understand that if I could do that, I am either incredibly skilled or taking advantage of some cheesy mechanic. Even if such wasn't the case, I am not begging/pleading/fighting to get better mitigation for wizards.

Right now it seems that because the free dropped/crafted augs are not as good as the explosively expensive ones...it's unbalanced? If the augs were free and fit all melee, then yeah let's just up Angers and get rid of the -strike augs. That does also remove a great deal of what make MMORPGs fun, CUSTOMIZATION. Maybe it is just the ~4h of sleep I've had, but maybe not.

Lastly, yes this is a private server. However, just because it isn't endorsed by any massive corporation does not mean we have to piss any chance of balance all to hell just because a few players want cruise-control-for-cool classes. I wouldn't mind some higher Anger augs, as long as they have the same disgustingly boring/expensive build up as the -strikes and are on par. Easy to get augs with top-end damage that are class exclusive tend to herd the player base towards that class. Warriors have higher hp/mitigation, SK has dps heals, paladins have group heal and slight cleanse. Warriors have best Stonewall, paladins get just above half of the warriors' stonewall, and the SK gets nothing. Pick your poison friend.

tl;dr - Compromise. You must make some.

-Hate

Noel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 07:49:14 pm »

SKs can tank as good or better than warrior with lifetap....They can also do a form of CoH which isn't bad, even if it isn't a combat ability per se.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 11:30:37 pm »

Oh SKs are formidable, but that was my point. SKs have lifetap heals. Paladins get group heals/cleanse. Warriors get best mitigation. Each tank type has a speciality and a weakness, but none of the three are without weakness. That makes them optional and does not REQUIRE a set class.

-Hate

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 10:57:44 am »

Making warriors so people will feel better about solo'ing them better will do nothing but make people who box more powerful. If you want to solo, play an SK

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 383