Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:00:49 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: New Spells List Suggestions (RELEASED!)  (Read 62406 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 09:53:53 pm »

The wizard heavy group gains a minimum of 30k per cast, up to 60k on perfect (5/5 crits).

The Call of Power affects both melee and casters. The Storm Blade affects only melee. Storm Blade is also considered spell damage, and as such will scale with both Call of Power and Charms.

Yes, 250/750/2250 seems weak on a low proc rate. With CoP up, it goes to 325/975/2925. With UC too, it raises to 975/2475/7425 ...will update later (thanks Dethundrel). Those are pretty significant bonuses for melee only. That is essentially a few Ninjastrike V or Firestrike VI.

Lastly, the damage bonus from Call of Power and UC are both calculating from BASE. Always keep that in mind when adding up damage bonuses.

Even though you are not that deep into the EZ Server yet, your opinion is still valid since you are a player here too.  :-D

-Hate

EDIT: Good catch, it does NOT affect augs' damage.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:16:09 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 10:50:26 pm »

Even though you are not that deep into the EZ Server yet, your opinion is still valid since you are a player here too.  :-D
EDIT: Good catch, it does NOT affect augs' damage.

Again that's why I didn't notice it was due to no aug proc modifer.

And what says I'm not that deep into EZ server? I've been here well over a year...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 10:51:11 pm »

After this is all discussed and the spells are created, I'd be happy to add them and see how they work, if they need to be tweaked, etc. Keep up to the good work.

I'm sure once we figure out which type of spells each class really wants per tier on T5 or higher, we can just increase the values each tier, just like on WoW.

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 10:58:25 pm »

Again that's why I didn't notice it was due to no aug proc modifer.

And what says I'm not that deep into EZ server? I've been here well over a year...

Below.

Please ignore any ignorance I may have. I'm not far into the server and mostly just a lurker. I just wanted to add my 2 cents. Thanks

*grin*

After this is all discussed and the spells are created, I'd be happy to add them and see how they work, if they need to be tweaked, etc. Keep up to the good work.

I'm sure once we figure out which type of spells each class really wants per tier on T5 or higher, we can just increase the values each tier, just like on WoW.

Hunter

Great! I tried to separate the spells based on what I could guesstimate them to be. This way the players will get new spells at varying levels, but never the same spell each level. (i.e. -  necro gets a new DoT every level of gear, but not from the same type. Disease, then Magic/Snare, then poison, and finally fire. This way it scales similar to what it used to on live. Gogo nostalgia)

There will also be a few changes across the board that might be needed to allow these to be viable. Such as cutting down the custom mobs to not be nearly/totally immune to most spells. However, this can be addressed closer to release of it all. Thanks again Hunter and EZ Server!

-Hate
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:07:46 pm by hateborne » Logged

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 12:18:38 am »

New Elemental Fury (Elemental Rage) t5+ *PET*
      Increase Damage Modifier by 10pct
      Increase Attack Speed by 90%
      Increase ATK by 100
      Increase Movement Speed 50%

EDIT
UC Mage DPS --- with 5.0

Pet Alone --- 54,000 (average)

w/ manastone
Pet + Nuke till oom -- 100,000 DPS ( 5min)
Pet + Nuke till oom + intensity--- 127,000 DPS ( 5min till OOM)

----------

I retract my old statement... DPS seems fine if mana were fine the new spell with give that little bit better of a "boost" of DPS.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:12:36 am by Paldail » Logged

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 12:21:47 am »

How is your 5.0 pet only doing 37k dps? My mage's 4.0 does like 60k when tanking, 75+ when behind a target. Are you in range to see the proc damage?

Hell, my necro's 4.0 pet does like 50k while soloing shadow.

Also don't use frenzied burnout, it lowers its dps :/
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 12:23:53 am »

How is your 5.0 pet only doing 37k dps? My mage's 4.0 does like 60k when tanking, 75+ when behind a target. Are you in range to see the proc damage?

Hell, my necro's 4.0 pet does like 50k while soloing shadow.

Also don't use frenzied burnout, it lowers its dps :/

Hmm maybe the haste that was added to 5.0 lowered its dps? I will log on and re-check it.. but last time I parsed my pet for 5 minutes and it only did 37,000 DPS

I've also checked my monks DPS before too.. which last I checked was at 130k+ dps so pretty sure it was working correctly
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 12:26:44 am by Paldail » Logged

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 12:26:37 am »

I didn't factor in gigantic pet buffs as I was expecting some of the spells to possibly pick up the slack and allow the PLAYER to do more damage. List is still incomplete, so patience and what-not.

Thanks!

-Hate

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 12:30:02 am »

I didn't factor in gigantic pet buffs as I was expecting some of the spells to possibly pick up the slack and allow the PLAYER to do more damage. List is still incomplete, so patience and what-not.

Thanks!

-Hate

Ya thats how I felt it was. Don't want it to be .. /pet attack.. afk 150K dps. lol

Just saying the Mage itself needs buffs as well... and more-so Necromancers.. who need dps spell heh

EDIT

Increase Damage Modifier by 10pct -- on the spell

but original is....

Increase Skills Damage Modifier by 5pct --- Guessing this only for special attacks?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 12:34:10 am by Paldail » Logged

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2012, 12:37:02 am »

Yeah, it is coming. Ambien hitting so it's time for bed. All of these DoT based numbers are assuming that Sorcerer's Charms will soon affect DoTs at 35-50% per ten Sorcerer's (in example. Sorc 1-10 is +50% spell dmg currently. It needs to be +50% spell dmg and +35-50% DoT damage. I am not using same conversion as DoT can tick while pet does DPS and spells are being cast. So...yeah)

Sleep time, will edit more tomorrow. Thank you to everyone contributing to this thread btw!

-Hate

Duladian

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 12:41:36 am »

Was I missing something? I thought Storm Blade wasn't effected by any other effects it was straight 100 damage no matter what. I'll have to test this and get back with you.

Looked into it, and I was completely wrong. I'm glad I found this out, thank you.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 12:49:19 am by Duladian » Logged
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 01:25:13 am »

Idea for mana regen being a total shit... maybe instead of aug.. new spell?

All mana classes

New Focus of Healing (Focus of Healing II) t3+ H1N1? *SELF*
      Increase Healing by 100%
      Increase Max Mana by 5000
      Increase Mana by 5000 per tick

Then maybe a T5 version --- Focus of Healing III with higher stats-- could be from vendor? This could then open up ideas for caster augs that are useful instead of making generic mana regen augs for weapons.

Fixed wording

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 02:34:37 am by Paldail » Logged

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 02:33:40 am »

Monk Spells /// Epic spells!!

New Spell - Epic 4.5 - Monk - Epic Innerflame II (Cast time: Instant)
     RecastTime:5 Minutes Duration: 30 seconds
     Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 125%
     Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 400%

New Spell - Epic 5.0 - Monk - Epic Innerflame III (Cast time: Instant)
     Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 135%

New Spell - Epic 5.5 - Monk - Epic Innerflame IV (Cast time: Instant)
     Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 145%

New Spell - Epic 6.0 - Monk - Epic Innerflame V (Cast time: Instant)
     Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 165%

New Spell Crab Fu: The way of the Quickening Fists (Spell Crab Fu: The Way of the Quickening Fists II) T6 *Self*
     Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 90%
     Increase Attack Speed 200%
     Increase Max Str 30
     Increase Max Agi 30

-----
Not sure how game changing increasing max stats is.. but definitely ups physical DPS. Or stick with All Skills damage modifier only

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 03:05:36 am »

I am not trying to pick at all but I could see nothing that I would want to use. And yes, I did read the whole thing and no I do not have any better ideas. I just don't see where any of them are really beneficial per the tier they are calling for. If were up to me I would wrap druid, shamans, and enchanters into one class and call them drumanters.

Well I figured you wouldn't like them poopy pants. None of these suggestions are AFK friendly. I have given up hope of ever having similar points of view with you. Thanks for the input all the same though.

I don't have the time nor the patients to go through each idea and explain why I think they are ineffective. If they are put in time will show how little or much they are used, until then it's just conjecture and I don't want to discourage valiant efforts. I assure you though my opinion is not so simple as to only consider how "AFK friendly" they are. I was under the impression that we have agreed and shared similar points of view several times lately.

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2012, 06:24:36 am »

Hate, you need to take a closer look at names before you try to belittle people...

Duladian and Dethundrel are quite a bit different.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)