Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:08:35 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 4-29-10 11 PM PST world server connection lost again  (Read 6866 times)
bina

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2010, 01:27:57 am »

EZ is down again.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 01:36:03 am by bina » Logged
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 01:29:23 am »

Yeah i just hit 65 and was zoning to surefall on my monk to practice on the dummy there when my screen froze so i closed it out logged back in to see no server Sad

bina

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 01:35:35 am »

i have 2 toons in SFG right now so whoever is in game will still be able to play, but once you zone or re-log you're hosed.

this is happening very frequently and with no one  on to bring the server back up. i read that secrets had written a script for the server to reboot itself when this happens but not implemented ?
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 01:47:47 am »

I read that he was writing one but never a post stating that it was finished. And yeah it really sucks for me as my game sometimes freezes just from normal zoning forcing me to close out the game to restart it. So i get locked out every single time >_<

b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 02:13:30 am »

do u guys not pay attention to what hunter posts, he checks on the server before and after work, seriously give the guy a break, i mean he has a life, prolly more then the lot of us, the server will be up either a. 6am, or b. when he notices it's down, cuz i bet he checks the server more then these forums.
bina

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 02:19:35 am »

why not have more than 1 person have the ability to reboot the server?
Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 02:27:20 am »

He does have others to reboot the server, however i assume the house where the server equipment is at will most likely be a GM, or someone who could, if they checked too.  Also if i am not mistaken Hunter does not have access to a computer with his job, so this will most likely continue every night.  I vote scrap the SoD, maybe I am crazy, but things have gotten way worse since that started.
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 07:21:16 am »

What was the deal with all those ZONE CONNECT messages last night?

I never saw that before... Were those zones going up one at a time or something?

Rob Smiley
sebekl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 10:49:57 am »

Secrets and hunter are working on getting an automatic rebirth when the server goes down.  Until hunter releases that information that it has been implimented please leave the guy alone... Ya'll need to just chill and and let the man live his life.  He isn't here to be your servant.  He is the GM of the server after his job and whatever else he has going on in his life.
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 10:56:34 am »

Secrets and hunter are working on getting an automatic rebirth when the server goes down. 

Ahhh.. maybe that is what that was about.  Very nice.

Yes...I have said that before.  Hunter and the others have an actual life away from the server.  Give them a break.  Patience!

Rob Smiley
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 11:39:55 am »

I have patience i generally post here if the server is down to give other players a head up before logging out zoning or trying to log in. It has nothing to do with hunter. I believe that if he knew the server was down he would reboot if he could. Also i would never email him about it simply because i do not even know him Tongue Plus i can imagine the other people already spamming him.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 04:22:08 pm »

Obviously if we're noticing the server is going down, he is as well.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 04:23:43 pm »

I heard he likes his mailbox spammed with emails saying the server is down too....

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=270.0

zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 05:04:38 am »

I heard he likes his mailbox spammed with emails saying the server is down too....

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=270.0

I definitely do not envy him lol He has a great server and did a great job. With that comes the emails full of compliments questions and if he makes even one small mistake a boat load of hate mail >_<  Hope he knows despite all that the server rocks.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 03:13:20 pm »

I agree. Even though lately the server populace has felt inclined to complain about every little mishap. Guess its better to have everything reported then nothing though.

Maybe i should make a thread everytime i feel like someone is thinking about possibly maybe KSing a mob near me too.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 129