Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:51:39 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Train Rules?  (Read 5851 times)
Scootz

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2010, 02:59:41 am »

This is absolutely insane how often the zones go down, and for sometimes very minor reasons.  I am not trying to say NO to trains, especially in PoFire and other RoA zones, but simply curious to what everyone thinks is a "cause" to zone crashing.  I have heard multiple reasons/excuses (mostly trains that until recently would have been fine without a zone crash) just trying to maybe put a  finger on it.
nerff

he shoots, he scores!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 03:17:14 am »

I tested some stuff one day while doing RoA in citymist. I pulled trains of 10-15 and stood in one place and let the corpses fall. To my avail, the zone did crash after the 5th kill ( I was the only one in the zone )

Re-logging, I came up with an idea. I wondered if having multiple corpses drop in the same spot causes issues, ie... maybe a max amount of corpses per certain 'loc' or something and tested it.

Still being the only one in the zone, I kept pulling, killing, pulling killing. After each mob died, I would move a couple feet, rinse, repeat. Now im not sure if this actually doesn't cause crashes, but since doing that, if im the only one in the zone it has yet to crash for me since.

This is a theory of mine as it has yet to crash for me since doing this. Now if other people are in the zone, it is a different story, but I have tested it multiple times when I was the only person in citymist by not moving when killing mobs and to my surprise it did crash.

Ive always also suggested people pull no more then 8 at a time, but I highly doubt selfish people will do that.

Kaalan Deann - 70 Barbarian Warrior - GL of <Nether>
Dacuk Dachef - 70 Troll Shaman
Catriona Ciannait - 70 Drakkin Cleric
Nerrf Herrder - 70 Drakkin Ranger
Snozberry Shortcake - 70 Halfling Druid
Gabbo Gabba Hey- 70 Gnome Mage
Ceol - 70 Half-Elf Bard
vile

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 03:22:30 am »

i dont think it matters i was on earlier and someone killed every single boss in potime at the entrance at once and the zone didnt die

secerts made a post at some point saying they know what the issue is

there has been alot more updates more than just "sod" there is a post from hunter somewhere with too

on a side note killing every boss in potime at the entrance is bannable i think
Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 04:16:26 am »

I didn't think killing anything no matter how big or anywhere in PoFire was changed to a bannable offense, but things change all the time.  I am curious to the killing and moving technique though and will attempt it at great length's, but again I still like hearing secrets say "we know what the issue is" and alas it is always the same, just my two extra cents though.
b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 04:47:22 am »

nerff, good testing bro, for real. Inquisitive minds find the cause of all problems Tongue  and vile, training is a bannable offense, if the bosses dont aggro onto someone else standing at zoneline it shouldnt be an offense, i know myself and a few others do this to get pages for our alts, just makes it a ton easier
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:50:47 am by b33tlejuice » Logged
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 04:31:14 pm »

It will be a glorious day when trains don't crash zones anymore. truly a wonderful time!

Karbuk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 06:35:36 pm »

know whats fun? passing the group fighting warlord and porting up to DS and having the warlord group die...now thats a train
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)