Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:30:46 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Hate's File/TS3 Server  (Read 57365 times)
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2012, 09:34:54 pm »

Cool. Walked someone my son knew online through the same problem last week. not sure why some peoples machine/install of 7zip have problems with the file association but  Huh and they were running XP.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:09:58 pm by Nexxel » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 02:49:41 pm »

Cool. Walked someone my son knew online through the same problem last week. not sure why some peoples machine/install of 7zip have problems with the file association but  Huh and they were running XP.

You can turn off the file associations, if memory serves. If a program is installed before, say winRAR, and then 7zip after (without the file associations)...bad stuff happens. Essentially, file associations take the latest settings. Since there can only be one...setting per file type, any new setting will destroy the old one.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Undeterred

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 11:45:10 am »

Hate... in refrence to the UF client files... those the exact same that were posted back around February? can't rember by whom, but did you fine tune them a bit or just mirrored?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 08:10:04 pm »

Devilbane.

Yes, they are from his post.

-Hate

Terrial
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 01:50:56 pm »

So I unzipped the first file. ezuf.7z.001 and it just turns into a 5gig file called ezuf.7z Which then refuses to be extracted or opened or DO anything.

So... what the hell did I do wrong? no way is the underfoot client like 50gigs. So am i doing something horribly wrong or what? the only way i could extract the ORIGINAL file was to do the whole right click, open archive, then choose the * option. The second file doesn't even have that option. I am at a loss... I'm just going to start torrenting the damn thing atm in case I dont get a reply. Was hoping to just get up this morning unzip everything then play me some everquest... sigh
Terrial
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 04:19:18 pm »

Well fuck... the torrented copy just keeps giving me this error

The procedure entry point ??0nsGetINterface@@QAE@PAVnsISupports@@PAI@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library xul.dll

So neither of these are working for me. FML...

Edit: Ok so I think my 001 file somehow got corrupted seeing as it was only a few KB large. I am re-downloading it currently to see if it unzips properly afterwards. fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:31:33 pm by Terrial » Logged
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2012, 04:34:37 pm »

I remember seeing that error before when I first installed the UF client (actually, it was the HoT client). I forget what fixed it. Try doing some google-fu on that xul.dll. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the ingame web browser in the EQ client.
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 04:41:05 pm »

put in all in 1 .rar file here http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7010148/EZUF.rar
I'm always seeding it.

Oh, and missing files already in it
Terrial
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2012, 04:51:44 pm »

Guess I'll just be downloading it from you then fliker. I unzipped everything but the unzip process had over 5000 errors because of "Wrong password" even though I put ezserver as the password.

Now when i try to launch the game it says error in the XML, and EVERY SINGLE text file in the whole folder is just straight up blank. sooo... not sure what happened there.

Edit: Turns out, no you are NOT always seeding.... Also after testing the unzip with no password, every single file comes out as 0kb. so it literally unzips nothing but filenames. So i tried again with the ezserver password.

TURNS OUT half the fucking files have a different password.... which is pretty AWESOME... so hate what are the passwords?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:02:21 pm by Terrial » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2012, 05:48:01 pm »

Guess I'll just be downloading it from you then fliker. I unzipped everything but the unzip process had over 5000 errors because of "Wrong password" even though I put ezserver as the password.

Now when i try to launch the game it says error in the XML, and EVERY SINGLE text file in the whole folder is just straight up blank. sooo... not sure what happened there.

Edit: Turns out, no you are NOT always seeding.... Also after testing the unzip with no password, every single file comes out as 0kb. so it literally unzips nothing but filenames. So i tried again with the ezserver password.

TURNS OUT half the fucking files have a different password.... which is pretty AWESOME... so hate what are the passwords?

....I'm done with shit for now. Everything is right there, stupid fast internet hosting, and it's all there. The password is the same across all files, ~50 people have downloaded the full client without issue. If you can't download all the files and extract using WinRAR or 7zip...I can no longer help you.

I've got too much to do for the next several days. Since it's clearly an issue, client files are off server for a while.

-Hate
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:28:53 pm by hateborne » Logged

Terrial
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2012, 05:52:32 pm »

I downloaded all 14 files. Right clicked the 001 file >7zip>extract here Put in the password ezserver.

It starts doing its thing, gets about 30 files in then gives me over 5000 errors that all say "Wrong password?" behind them.

Edit: Well guess I'll find a different download mirror... Thanks for the help?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:28:32 pm by Terrial » Logged
Terrial
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2012, 07:37:18 pm »

Well after attempting pretty much every underfoot torrent I think is out there, none of them are working.

One of them gives me that error I previously mentioned with the xul.dll The other fucks up on 2 specific files chambersa.qrg and oldbloodfields.qrg Not sure what thats all about. The rest were either corrupted torrents or weren't even Everquest files (viruses im betting)

So im moving on to attempt a SoD client, pretty sure thats my only other option left with hate taking down the client files so here's hoping this works! /crossesfingers

Guess I'll just upgrade to UF later, or wait for the EQEMU team to finish their plans to make the live client viable now that its free to download. Will edit with results either way.

EDIT: OH MY GOD I HAD A SOD COPY SITTING ON MY EXTERNAL HARDDRIVE. HURGGGGGGGG SO MAD RIGHT NOW. It still not UF, but FUCK i could have saved myself a lot of goddamn time if i'd have just plugged the damn thing in and checked it first. FUCK.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:41:55 pm by Terrial » Logged
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2012, 09:11:08 pm »

Did you try just downloading a replacement xul.dll from somewhere? I know the problem is fixable, I just don't remember how I did it.
Terrial
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2012, 01:06:01 am »

Yeah I tried that griz, turns out the UF i installed didnt even have the dll to begin with. it still didnt fix it though. so not sure what was going on. its ok though, i got at least a SoD client working so i can play. Made a necro, huzzah.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2012, 04:35:35 am »

Sounds like a serious case of pebcak Terrial.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 78