Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:50:39 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Hate's File/TS3 Server  (Read 57367 times)
Terrial
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2012, 04:49:02 pm »

Oh totally, its totally that and not a random computer error at all. because computer errors dont exist right? Like the first time I downloaded the files off hates site they TOTALLY werent corrupted and 1/100th of the size they were SUPPOSED to be.

Right? Yeah shit like that never ever ever happens when it comes to computers. for sure. That and the whole issue where i had exactly zero problem installing both a titanium and a SoD install. Right. yup must be pebcak. You also must be a huge cunt. just saying.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2012, 10:18:34 pm »

I see. So when you have nothing relevant or intelligent to say, hurl insults. How 12 of you.

Decades working IT have shown me that when you have hundreds of users who use a system without issue, and one that DOES have an issue, the vast majority of the time its pebcak. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings. Wait. On second thought, no, I'm not. I can see now why one of the most patient and helpful people I've met on EZ is so completely fed up with you.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Terrial
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2012, 12:07:54 am »

Edit: Had a big writeup here, but i've decided im not going to respond to your trolling mpano. good day.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:41:03 am by Terrial » Logged
Sebastionleo

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2012, 12:25:16 am »

Doubt you find Hate in game, he's a once in a blue moon type of player lately. Popped up and crushed t2 for a couple hours with me, then went back to coding and stuff lol.

Best bet is this: If UF won't work for you, use SoD. You don't lose out on any current content, just a few UI differences and slightly less lag when boxing from what I've heard. All the spells work, gear works, zones work, without UF.
Terrial
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2012, 12:45:07 am »

Yeah thats what I ended up doing sebastian. Like I said, there is a very large chance the rest of the files i had were also somehow corrupted seeing as the first keyfile that started the rest unzipping originally only downloaded like 300kb. So I only re-downloaded that specific file thinking it was the only one with a problem.

Thing is the rest were probably all fuckered too, and that led to my who "Wrong password?" debacle. It was only like half the files too. Which caused the game to be unable to load because all of the Load files were literally just empty husks sitting at 0kb. I'm sure if I would have had time to just re-download them, It would have worked just fine.

Still not sure why I got jumped on, my request was a very typical "Well this isnt working and im getting annoyed" post, and I got met with some pretty irrational hostility. Oh well though, I got the game working regardless so no hard feelings. But seriously, what gives?

Edit: Oh that reminds me, Griz, fliker, and sebastian thanks for the helpful replies. Smiley (just read the readme file on hates filesite, Apparently I specifically am the reason It got taken down. So sorry to everyone in the future who cant download it. Dont know what to tell you. O.o)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:53:15 am by Terrial » Logged
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2012, 01:08:55 am »

Yeah. I'm a troll. I give you one piece of advice, that being "the issue is on your end" (pebcak) and I get called a cunt. And I'm the troll. And sorry, all I saw in your posts was incessant whining, so much that it prompted one of the most helpful people on this server to pretty much tell you, "I've had enough of your shit".

See, this is why a lot of older players have left. Summertime comes and we tend to get an influx of demanding, rude little entitlement kids. It gets to the point that spending even a few minutes keeping up to date on the boards makes you want to gouge out your eyes with a rusty spork.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Terrial
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2012, 01:31:38 am »

No, you didnt give me a piece of advice, you basically just called me an idiot.

A piece of advice would have been something along the lines of "Oh well all the files have the same password so chances are if some of the files are not accepting your password they very wall may be corrupted" Ooooor you know "Hey can you give me a little more information about (insert thing here) I cant properly diagnose your issue"

anything really other than saying "Oh well it might just be you're an idiot" sure I may have been having a derptard moment, I'll be the first to admit that. But is pointing that out really helpful in ANY way? I'm sorry but if thats not trolling, well damn...

So yes, I lashed out at you and called you a cunt, Which I regret, and apologize for. But that tends to be my natural reaction when someone dismisses my problem and just assumes its "Because you're stupid" as it rightfully should be. I see no reason why I should be treated like shit just because something that worked fine for everyone else did NOT work for me. If anything I was expecting a reply along the lines of "Oh well thats weird, have you tried *insert solution here*" Instead I got... well I got what I got. I'm sure hate had his reasons. I'm not going to fault him for that or even try to understand why he did what he did, I'm sure it was justified.

But seriously, how is calling me an idiot and not offering any other useful information not trolling. Please tell me. I never came in to this post with the intentions of pissing everyone off, but apparently thats what happened, also I am apparently REALLY good at it. My apologies once again.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2012, 08:14:51 am »

Nope. Saying "pebcak" isnt calling you an idiot. Sorry you took it to mean such. It means, quite simply, the issue is user related; its caused by something you're doing on your end, not a fault with the files or the system. If you think thats me calling you an idiot, then you have issues.

If I call you an idiot it will be something along the lines of "I've got 12 year old underwear smarter than you". I dont beat around the bush.

Sebastionleo

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2012, 08:24:27 am »

What he's saying is simply there's something you haven't tried yet, something small that you might not even notice (something like telling a file to open in administrator mode etc,) because the files have worked for plenty of other people before you.
Terrial
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2012, 02:08:07 pm »

Right, but the whole point is that isn't helpful in the least. Of course it was probably something I was doing. But a suggestion as to what that might be, or a request for more information to properly assess what my dumb ass was doing, or ANYTHING really would have been more helpful than "You're probably doing something wrong"

Of course I was, if I wasn't it would have been working. Heh... That's the whole reason I came here and asked for help, because I couldn't figure it out. /shrug

And still mpano, with all the hostility, why? Is it really needed? (If you think that's me calling you an idiot , then you have issues) There is no need for that. Usually when I use pebcak used is synonymous with "Idiot" or "Computer illiterate" at least that's what my IT buddy uses it as hehe. So you can understand my confusion. Something more specific and useful probably would have been a better bet.

But oh well, this is all just semantics by this point, I got a SoD install working and it doesn't matter anymore. If I need to upgrade to UF in the future god help us all, but in the meantime I've got everything working so no worries.

Still wish hate would bring his server files back up, the only people suffering are new players and people wanting to upgrade to UF  Lips sealed
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2012, 04:16:37 pm »

No hostility from me til you decided to hurl insults. After that, I dug a little and discovered that more than a few people (Hate included) tried to help you only to step into a crapfest. So I am gonna go with the conclusion that you're a waste of time and effort and go along my merry way. Luck to you.

Terrial
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2012, 05:18:24 pm »

Hate didnt try to help me. His first reply was when he brought the files down. The other people who tried to help, I attempted their fixes, nothing was working.

Which thread are you reading O.o

Edit: Although he did modify his post so maybe the original post was different. I only ended up reading the modified copy so I'm not sure what you might be talking about.

edit2: Im not sure what you mean by crapfest, I never once insulted anyone but you AFTER I had received what I thought was an insult from you. You are literally the only one I spoke ill of, or was rude to in any way. Needless to say thats why i'm seriously confused with hates reply. Your reply confused me as well. I asked for help and instead turned into EZserver public enemy #1. Seriously what did I do.

P.S: I realize now one of my previous posts that I modified because it was just a huge rant at mpano had my thank you's in it. I would sincerely like to thank griz, fliker, and sebastian for trying to help out. I really appreciate it guys.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:26:54 pm by Terrial » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2012, 02:55:15 pm »

Hate didnt try to help me. His first reply was when he brought the files down.

Please See: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2781.msg38696#msg38696

The files are back up for now. Keep in mind these are hosted on a machine I bought specifically for this purpose and hosted through my bandwidth. If you are going to not read the README or try Google, at least ATTEMPT to be somewhat polite instead of dumping. A sense of entitlement will only get you ignored.

I have not been online in a bit because the place that I am at in EZ requires a few hours in a sitting to progress. I don't always have a few hours to go grind out T5. Plus, T5 is only beneficial in near full clears at the stages I am at. Don't worry, I've not left of abandoned EZ.

The last caster revision (until Hunter or I finds another neat idea) is coming soon. I am aware that caster dps is still in the floor, but at least the tools exist. Now I just have to sharpen/hone the tools (and no melees, your time investment will still leave you slightly ahead).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Shawo

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2012, 02:50:47 pm »

Hate, I downloaded your files, and thanks for the hosting. 

I ran the optionseditor and all zones work except for the custom zones.  I downloaded and extracted the server files from the ezserver website and put them in your install and it still Crashes to Desktop on load.

Any idea what I can try differently?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Shawo
Shawo

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2012, 03:01:38 pm »

mm It seems to be Plane of Dragons only.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 78