Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 11:52:27 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Tradeable charms...  (Read 10234 times)
cerwin

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2012, 04:14:51 am »

I believe it was talked about some time ago that there would be a day (or few days) where charms would become tradeable. Did that day ever come to pass? I didnt think it had but could be wrong.

I think making charms and charm upgrades tradable would be a great permanent change especially with UCv2 out now. Many people out there have charms or even UC's rotting away on unused characters.
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 09:12:54 am »

I would love to be able to swap out some early gained charms on now benched toons. Wouldn't be a huge change for my crew, but would def save some grind time in ldon.

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 10:11:31 am »

Maybe not tradeable charms themselves, but making the upgrades (perhaps just v1s?) tradeable (and stackable) would add a bit more diversity to the server economy, which currently is really only essences, SLSes, and FG/CG items/kits.
Gyan1010

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 10:42:43 am »

I think it would be a good change for the upgrades to be tradable, if only to even the playing field for people playing at off hours. People sell them anyway, its just that you have to be available to come loot it right away. Obviously this lends an advantage to people playing when more people are on with a larger chance of someone finding one and being willing to sell it. Making these tradable would open the market to everyone.
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 03:14:49 pm »

Mark me down as one of the people who think that the more items available for trade/sale in the market, the better. v1 and v2 charms and upgrades would be a great start though. Imagine being able to swap the charms around your team as you save up for a UC on one character.

Strike augs have been tradeable all this time and that seems to work out pretty well as an example.
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 04:24:13 pm »

Well at one time the vote was for weather or not everything from T2 down should be tradeable...so i kinda think they should be but then again who knows what the server thinkgs thats what poles are for!
Reako66

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 05:28:33 pm »

Hunter will never do it guys, but would be nice.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 05:40:22 pm »

Just like he would never remove the LORE tag from v2 charms (which he did). Just like he would never allow them to be stackable (which he did).

I agree to making them tradable, but NOT removing the LORE tag. The LORE tag keeps the v1 charms from being bot farmed.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 07:07:57 pm »

Just like he would never remove the LORE tag from v2 charms (which he did). Just like he would never allow them to be stackable (which he did).

I agree to making them tradable, but NOT removing the LORE tag. The LORE tag keeps the v1 charms from being bot farmed.

-Hate

I forgot about doing that. I must have been awake or something for 24-48 hours strait. I'll have to reverse that.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 07:58:20 pm »

-Hate

Why not remove the LORE tag? Is that the only way to prevent bots from exploiting? If so then there would be a huge problem with gems not being lore, exploiters could just hang out in velks gaining millions overnight. I would think Hunter has better ways to prevent bot farming than just the LORE tag.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 08:03:30 pm »

I forgot about doing that. I must have been awake or something for 24-48 hours strait. I'll have to reverse that.

Why not remove the LORE tag? Is that the only way to prevent bots from exploiting? If so then there would be a huge problem with gems not being lore, exploiters could just hang out in velks gaining millions overnight. I would think Hunter has better ways to prevent bot farming than just the LORE tag.

There already are bot problems. With LDON being the biggest hurdle for UC, they are the most valuable. Being the most valuable, one of two things will happen:
1) They will be bot farmed, resulting in market flooding.
2) They will no longer stop players for investing time.

If the LORE tag gripes people that much, might as well leave it as is. If people were good, honorable, and honest...such measures would not be necessary.

-Hate

cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 08:18:14 pm »

There already are bot problems. With LDON being the biggest hurdle for UC, they are the most valuable. Being the most valuable, one of two things will happen:
1) They will be bot farmed, resulting in market flooding.
2) They will no longer stop players for investing time.

If the LORE tag gripes people that much, might as well leave it as is. If people were good, honorable, and honest...such measures would not be necessary.

-Hate

Doesnt Hunter have other tools available to keep bot farmers in check? I seem to remember some time ago alot of people being banned after Hunter reviewed the logs. I thought they were bot farmers and dupers...
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 08:52:54 pm »

It depends on the activity. Looking at logs isn't like reading a magically prepared list that shows exactly what is needed. It is usually very raw, very bloated, and mostly useless information.

It is quite a lot of information to just start sifting through. Especially with ~500 active characters (online once every 30 days). With a character name(s), he can look up anything that has logged in from that same IP and search based on character name and associated names.

Also, the last big exploit was a well known EQEMU issue from my understanding. Some one created a script to sift through and do the grunt work. That's probably how Hunter was able to find so many, so quickly. (Maybe I am wrong though. Maybe Hunter is just that cool.)

-Hate

cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 10:11:57 pm »

It depends on the activity. Looking at logs isn't like reading a magically prepared list that shows exactly what is needed. It is usually very raw, very bloated, and mostly useless information.

It is quite a lot of information to just start sifting through. Especially with ~500 active characters (online once every 30 days). With a character name(s), he can look up anything that has logged in from that same IP and search based on character name and associated names.

Also, the last big exploit was a well known EQEMU issue from my understanding. Some one created a script to sift through and do the grunt work. That's probably how Hunter was able to find so many, so quickly. (Maybe I am wrong though. Maybe Hunter is just that cool.)

-Hate

Thats what I was trying to get at, doesnt he have some useful scripts to locate bot farmers rather than making everything lore?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 10:21:08 pm »

Not that I am aware of honestly. The last big exploit had repeatable patterns. On top of it, he also hit ANYONE carrying over 5 million PP. This exploit hit us all.

It's moderately complicated to build such automated scripts unless there is a SET action(s) that allow cash flow.

Such an Example: Say trading exactly 5pp to Fippy Darkpaw caused him to return 50pp. While still VERY low, some one could easily script a macro to continually make trades with Fippy in a private instance. While the macro isn't significant, the action of trading exactly 5pp to Fippy IS significant. He can simply search for whatever the string represents a trade to Fippy Darkpaw (i.e. Hateborne traded 5p 0g 0s 0c to Fippy Darkpaw). Then he only needs to run a search for "traded 5p 0g 0s 0c to Fippy Darkpaw" and make a list of people to practice his skill in Banhammer.

I hope this makes things a bit less murky.  :-)

-Hate

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120