Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 10:38:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: What Items should be droppable/tradeable?
Just qvic & down
Just tacvi & down
T1/T2 & Down
Just Charm upgrade V1's
Other? Please explain.

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What items should be Droppable/tradeable?  (Read 7682 times)
Kovou

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2012, 04:28:08 pm »

so this topic has been brought up over and over so I wanted to know what the server thought so please vote on the options if you chose other please expalin. If you think an option should be there thats not please explain that as well.
Also the and down would including charms v1 in all the choices

Thanks for everyone's input ahead of time.

Whispering Shadow
Guild Leader of Anicent Elite
nopulse

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 04:31:48 pm »

I think the fact that you can't just create a new bot and give them all t4 gear is a huge plus on this server. With that being said, making things like QVIC armor, tacvi, t1, etc droppable in my opinion would definitely take from the server. Charm upgrades on the other hand would be excellent to make droppable. This would create an entire market for them and I believe both v1 and v2's should be made droppable.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 04:58:42 pm »

I would like to see charms (v1 & v2) become tradable (losing NO DROP tag). I would NOT like to see the Charm v1 losing LORE tag. Keeping the v1 Charms as LORE prevents bot farming the charms.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Duladian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 06:40:26 pm »

I would like to see everything stay the same. The difficulty should stay around the same so if a new player gets up to the T4+ domain it shows he has dedication and put just as much time in as the other guys. This is coming from a guy who has yet to get a char in full T2.
stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 01:34:41 am »

nothing of the above. Just make all Casters, Fighters and Crafters guild items tradeable BUT lore.

Perhaps a summon pet to become tradeable? The pet would have the ultimate stats of +1 HP Tongue

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 06:54:49 am »

Strife and difficulty are what made old EQ the game it was. Its what encouraged teamwork, and cooperation, and social interaction. Strife wont do that here, since you can create a box army for free....but one thing that strife also did was weed out the weak in old EQ. Its what made the community stronger.

Lately there has been a great influx of new players into the server, or so it seems....probably because there arent a lot of good options out there at the moment for MMO's. Keeping the game difficult is akin to wolves, big cats and Oldsmobiles thinning out the population of deer in an area, and without these the population suffers. MMO's are no different.

Without the time sinks and difficulties in places like Qvic, Tacvi and T1/2 the server population will quickly turn to shit, with vast amounts of instant gratification, entitlement mentality Blizzard rejects turning the community to crap. The same goes for charms. I hate to sound like an elitist snob, but I've seen it firsthand in too many new MMO's the last couple years. The same goes for charms.

Think back a moment.....in the last year how many times have you heard people not begging but DEMANDING that someone get them their pages for epics....or qvic coins? Or plat? And how many of those players vanished, never to be heard from again? And ask yourselves....would you WANT them to stay?

Please dont WoWify EZ!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 07:02:02 am »

What he said ^^

None of the above.  If you don't enjoy playing the game the way it is, find a new game that you enjoy.  Don't change the game we enjoy playing.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 08:09:57 am »

Short of SLS and Velks, what other way can lower geared players earn cash?
Allowing a single charms (of each type) to be sold would allow for something useful to sold.

I guess we need to find more ways to make money. Last time some one tried to sell 1.5 pages, Arax raged and flamed him for days. So what else can a lowbie do to earn cash?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Revelations

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 08:58:54 am »

I dont post very often but I voted other because I hope nothing is changed.... There are plenty of ways to make plat on the server, it just takes some effort.  Velks is fairly steady and SLS is always needed.  Since for 10k you get any zone you want to yourself for 3 days if you don't zone out Wink I see no real need to remove the NO DROP part of any items

Thank you

Rev
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 09:35:58 am »

What he said ^^

None of the above.  If you don't enjoy playing the game the way it is, find a new game that you enjoy.  Don't change the game we enjoy playing.

Basically if its not broken, then don't fix it.

Some of our players have been on here for years, and have earned their high end gear. Its what sets them apart from noobies.

This would be too much of a change for the way of EZ Server has been for a long time.

For charms, and Qvic+ you'll need spend the time to farm the gear yourself just like our end game players already did.

This server is already way easier today than it was a few years ago when players were going thru T1+ without stuff like Strike Augs, etc. People getting too spoiled.

If you have a full time job and lots of kids to deal with, then getting to the end of the game might take a bit longer. Its like this in all MMORPGS.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 10:15:39 am »

But manageable.
I have 2 kids and a full time job and in meantime im gathering my T6 pieces.
So it is all doable

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061