Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 12, 2024, 08:28:27 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Are SK epics getting buffed?  (Read 9482 times)
MacofMacs

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2012, 02:01:45 pm »

Are SK getting some type of epic buff yet? Or are the SK's epics always going to remain with the same lifetap proc?
john406

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 03:29:37 pm »

they seem fine where they are at now, maybe beef up the harmtouch click on 6.0 for bit extra dps if anything imo ;p
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 02:41:29 pm »

Well a cure on the lifetap wouldnt hurt.. neither would a little bump on the heals i mean for sake.. it's still the 3.0 proc on a 6.0 ?
john406

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 03:12:46 pm »

get  oracle,sorc,uc,uc2 if you want more heals., the proc is efficient in t6 still with uc, so doesnt really need an up... the cure,, then why not make everyone proc cure so everyone can be happy... make a shm,pal,clr,dru if you want cures its not that hard ;p
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 04:32:20 pm »

I hope you know that a paladin has better heals than a shadowknight.. their proc heals for 7k? less than a shadowknights + it's a group proc with a cure.
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 07:20:30 pm »

Paladin proc with a 4.0 is like 65k crit with UC. Sk proc is 70kish noncrit, 140k if either the nuke or heal crit, and 280k if both crit.

Edit: I'd like to see some proc mod on the cleric/druid/shaman epics, and see holy knight strike put on the shaman epic, but meh.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:22:01 pm by Griz » Logged
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 12:30:06 am »

Griz you are wrong.. 140-150kish is the MAX for a SK and that is if both the nuke crits and the heal crits on the same proc
john406

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 09:48:26 am »

On phone typing sucks. Short n sweet... wrong
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 10:28:59 am »

Mac:  It has to be about balance.  In EQ you have 3 fundamental things that have to exist to succeed in encounters: 

You must be able to take damage, AND you must be able to inflict damage AND you must be able remove damage.

For small encounters, especially so on EZ, any class can succeed in all 3 roles.  When things get harsher then you must have more functional specialization, and by the time you are engaging in the highest level encounters you must have near total functional specialization.

Any time any one class can fill two or more of these core requirements AND that class has no counter-balancing negative qualities then you see a pronounced increase in the number of players of that class.  (If you doubt this assertion then ask yourself:  How many people do I know on EZ that do NOT play a paladin or have a paladin in their crew?)

Boosting the SK epic as you suggest would be fun, but it would be a step toward creating a 2nd superclass on EZ.

Skeezy Ratty Troll
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 01:45:33 pm »

I was just asking so because the paladins heal the whole group just a few thousand less than the shadowknights epic.. now when mobs at t5+ start hitting for 130k+ and can quad this wouldn't it be nice if a self heal would heal for more than just 5-7k more than a group heal? I'd say a 10k boost in the lifetap would be perfect!
john406

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 10:35:11 am »

Sk epic still effective for me in t6, no need for bump imo again and it heals for alot more than pally epic when it crits.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 11:26:21 am »

Not trying to sound like an ass....but if you think the paladin is better, play a paladin. SK gets benefits a paladin does not, and warriors get benefits neither do....and all have their weaknesses. Welcome to EQ.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 11:30:12 am »

And to clarify: the term "class balance" gets tossed around a ton in MMO's....but I honestly think Hunter's achieved overall pretty damned good class balance (with the possible exception of chanters, but again, work in progress). And I've seen MMO's destroyed because wow rejects whined too much about one class "being too OP".

Pallies serve a purpose in the game, and they do it well. Their purpose is to be a backup or secondary tank and general group heals. Reduce their ability and you'd have an issue with game balance and survivability, even with a cleric in group. SK's also serve a purpose, and it is NOT to be Tank God or indestructible. Can pallies heal more than an SK? Hell yes, and they should. Can an SK straight tank as well as a warrior? Hell no, nor should they be able to.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:31:59 am by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 11:49:05 am »

And to clarify: the term "class balance" gets tossed around a ton in MMO's....but I honestly think Hunter's achieved overall pretty damned good class balance (with the possible exception of chanters, but again, work in progress). And I've seen MMO's destroyed because wow rejects whined too much about one class "being too OP".

Pallies serve a purpose in the game, and they do it well. Their purpose is to be a backup or secondary tank and general group heals. Reduce their ability and you'd have an issue with game balance and survivability, even with a cleric in group. SK's also serve a purpose, and it is NOT to be Tank God or indestructible. Can pallies heal more than an SK? Hell yes, and they should. Can an SK straight tank as well as a warrior? Hell no, nor should they be able to.

So what then is SK's purpose? Can't heal like a paladin, can't tank like a warrior. Do they get better DPS?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 11:54:55 am »

Better dps, utility, better snap agro than any other class. They can stay up without a healer longer than any other class....and when the caca hits the rotating aluminum they can stop drop n roll and rez if need be. Also, here anyway, they may be the best class at mob splitting (not that many here do that).

SK are for people who prefer to not be tied to a dedicated healer, as a warrior has to be, but who have greater defenses and DPS than a paladin. However, may SK would rather have better heals than a paladin and have better defenses than a warrior (or the same as both, which amounts to the same thing). I, and many others, would rather that did not happen.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:57:03 am by mpano66 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65036
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)