Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:30:36 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Warning for leaping in Tacvi  (Read 6872 times)
Undeterred

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2012, 01:40:59 pm »

I'd like to see a warning upon zoning into Tacvi against mob leaping for someone in the middle of Tacvi.

From my understanding, you don't engage a mob if someone is already killing in Tacvi in PUBLIC zone... BUT it's that grey area, no one knows for sure if it's official

I have had it done to me over and over again! They engage a higher number mob, if not Tunat himself... and grabs every unkilled mob in zone. Heck, if it's Tunat, sometimes the Ukun spawns won't attack them, but will  come and wipe me, if I'm not ready for 'em.

Folks telling me if I don't like it, just spawn an instance... yet they won't bother creating one... This isn't kill stealing, they're not engaging the mob I'm on, but every other one

I am able to take out the whole zone at once myself with main... but if I'm in there with an alt, I just do one or two at a time...

Please officially rule on this, and post a warning on zone in ... Regretfully, I am approaching the point to do this to others to raise awareness of this problem. But this needs to be addressed, there are a few rotten people out there, and unless the rules are smack in their face, they don't care how much they screw over lower tiered characters.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:18:10 pm by Undeterred » Logged
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:34:34 pm »

He could also easily unchain the others from Tunat. Could still be leaped, but at least someone couldn't take the remaining in one pull.
Gyan1010

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 03:10:55 pm »

If he wanted to force people to go in order and also prevent this conflict, then he could make it where the bosses 2-8 only spawn after the previous one dies. Also, make it considered kill stealing to wait in the next room while someone fights the previous boss.
Metuka

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 06:42:09 pm »

I know I am slow at killing the bosses and people have gone past me to pull the remaining spawns - I assumed that was the way things were as this past weekend is the first I have had a chance to even try killing the bosses (always got in too late and everything dead). 

And yes the Tunat adds will attack anyone anywhere in the zone if they feel like it - which is the only thing that makes me mad about the mob skipping.  I have only died in the entrance room while I was logging in my other characters to that nastiness - have yet to wipe while I have been in rooms killing the bosses, as most seem to wait until I was done with the current boss and then engage Tunat pulling the rest of the bosses.  I then have just sat and waited to see if they call rots or leave the carcasses for me.

As long as they don't wipe me, I am not too upset.  But I am just a casual player and take what I can get...
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 07:29:06 pm »

The official rule use to be tacvi belonged to the group/person to kill the first boss.
It was posted on the previous forums.
However those boards are gone and he (hunter) never bothered to post the same here.
Its a real pain in the ass.
I suggest if you see someone leap in tacvi just /ignore them and never help them.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 06:53:57 am »

Agreed. Then post their names here so we know to never help or work with the little PoS.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 04:26:18 am »

I will be online all night today. If you want a private tacvi, you can message Sarthin. I will gladly help you.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439