Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 06:16:33 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Saving Options in Wineq2  (Read 9102 times)
kyle

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2010, 11:39:25 am »

I hope someone can help me.  I use wineq2 to box, but I can't get it to save anything in the options menu.  It saves everything else fine such as chat boxes, spells, etc. but won't save anything in options.  It is annoying having to turn things like spell density down everytime I log in.

So the question is does anyone know how to get wineq2 to save stuff in the options menu?

Freeball - Beastlord
Pwncakes - Cleric
Eugooglizer - Enchanter
Kyle - Shadowknight
tacl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 07:15:16 pm »

i dont have any issues with that. the only issue i know if that the settings must be the same. like, i only have sound on my first account. so every other time i log in on the first account the sound will be off because i had to turn it off on the second account the previous day. then if i turn the volume up before i open up second account when i log in to the second account i have to turn it back off. ( actually i just noticed there is a way to turn off sound in wineq2, solved my only problem trying to offer help heeheh )

other then that just make sure the file that stores the settings on your PC is not read only. i am not even sure what file it is but i assume there is a .ini file for each profile/character.
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 07:35:08 am »

Dont forget that wineq start the same eq instance.
Idealy, if you have the HDD space, make as much copy of EQ as you have accounts.  They all will be separate hence youll keep your settings for each. (options).

The thing is the option are in the eqclient.ini file, which will be used by all instance, so if you change the option on one, ill will be on all of em.

As for the UI, these settings are by characters so these can be different.

3-boxing should have 3 eq folder with 3 profile.. ideally of course Smiley

*Edit: changed character for accounts.. clearer ;p
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:00:03 pm by Lodar » Logged

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 10:36:19 am »

Dont forget that wineq start the same eq instance.
Idealy, if you have the HDD space, make as much copy of EQ as you have characters.  They all will be separate hence youll keep your settings for each. (options).

3-boxing should have 3 eq folder with 3 profile.. ideally of course Smiley

OMG this would suck, just was thinking about how having 6 EQ folders set up on my HD

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 12:01:54 pm »

You dont have too... I dont, I use only 2 folder.
1 for titanium and 1 for SoD.

I 3 or 4 box all the time... I use same settings on all of em so I dont care... The ui changes from one another depending of class

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 01:51:43 pm »

You dont have too... I dont, I use only 2 folder.
1 for titanium and 1 for SoD.

I 3 or 4 box all the time... I use same settings on all of em so I dont care... The ui changes from one another depending of class

Same, well kinda

I have 1 folder for Titanium, 1 for SoD, and 1 i was saving for when Dany got some time to help me with this server stuff. Course, i have plenty of HD space still so im not to worried =p

Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 02:29:24 pm »

Course, i have plenty of HD space still so im not to worried =p

You need to pirate moar stuffs!

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 02:34:00 pm »

hard to fill 5 TB or space =p

well unless i DL all the anime i could ever dream of watching, along with shows and movies my wife watches...

Kaldar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 07:44:07 am »

If you have issues with spell effects and such turning themselves back on, etc, you can get things the way you want them, then flag the eqclient.ini file as read only. (Right click, select properties, check the read only box) Then a new instance of EQ being logged in will get the same spell effects, framerate setting and clip plane, etc. and changes made in one client won't affect the other clients that log in after that.

As someone else said there are also char specific ini files, 2 per toon, which contain the name of that toon. Those can be used to clone settings (like spellsets, hotkeys and window positions, etc) onto another char by changing name within the filename. For example, I have one ranger named "rangerone" all set up, and now will box a new ranger named "rangertwo". I want everything the same as my first ranger, so I copy rangerone's ini files to another location, change the part of the filename that is rangerone to say rangertwo instead. Then I copy the 2 inis back into the EQ dir.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 291