Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 02:56:03 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Changes & Sugestions - Thoughts?  (Read 16035 times)
Digz

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2012, 11:56:01 am »

for the last few months ive kept a little note pad on my desktop and everytime i thought of anything that could better our playing experiance, i took note. I just wanted to say that i dont expect anything to happen with this post except to bring some comments & ideas on some of the sugestions, and maybe eventually make their way onto live given enough feedback/interest from the community. Most if not all the things im gunna list are mostly quality of life changes and i in no way want to change the current state of EZ server, i think the current content & rate of progression is perfectly fine.

1. Velious Armor Textures - this is a big one for me, Other then seeing the graphics of someone weapon(s) or inspecting them, its pretty much impossible to tell if the person is in full QVIC or full T6 Anguish gear. I sugest adding the velious armor to at least T5+ to try and distinguish the high end players from lower end a little bit. Now granted i know a lot of people play with luclin models on and this wont effect them in the slightest...i personally do not play with new models and im sure a lot of others do not as well so i think this change could be welcoming without having any impact on the game at all, purely cosmetic.

2. Extended Focus on UCs - the focus effect from guardians is completely gone once you upgrade to a UC. When i asked for the reasoning behind this in ooc i got the response that it would basiclly make rangers OP due to it effecting Discs and rangers being able to keep trueshot aura up 100% of the time. While i could see this as true when the UC first came out, as it stands right now rangers have much greater dps while meleeing with swords compared to swinging away with a bow. With this change, ranger bow dps would go up but i still can`t see it being better ( or at least not to the point of rangers being completely broken/overpowered when using a bow compared to swords). Id love some feedback on this one.

3. Mana Regen added to roa -  I dunno, this change is simply to make the ring more attractive to casters (even though its already "Best in slot" w/o the mana regen cause of the wad of hp it has) & to help them a bit more in that category since theres a real lack of heavy +mana regen items out there (but maybe for a good reason?). this is just something i wanted to throw out there for the sake of discussion, think this would push classes like wizzys over the top?

4. Bard Mod Increase -  - An increase in the Instrument mod on Epics 4.5+?. I remember Hunter mentioning he was planning on working on the 4.5+ epics soon after he was done with the Spell mess so hopefully this one will get noticed. Smiley

5. Turn UC into a quest/task to be turned into an NPC  Why? one simple reason. If you've ever noticed when someone gets a UC, they normally want people to know...so you normally see something like a link of the 5 complete charms followed by a link of the UC followed by grats messages. Why not just make it like what the Epic Vendor does and have an NPC announce when someone has completed their UC, informing the entire server of their great accomplishment. Yet another quality of life change.

Cleric Shield Epic Alternative? - as it stands now pretty much every high end cleric is stuck using their 3.0 epic shield for the rest of their lives. Maybe just to make it possible to turn in your epic weapon for an epic shield? no new crazy effect is needed really, just an upgrade in stats compared to their 3.0 would be good enough as the effect is already pretty good regardless on its stats.

Strike Augment cost changes - toning down the cost of the crafting bars needed for augs..a few months back Hunter raised the cost of all the crafting bars because of the money dupe hack that was going around and MASSIVE amounts of plat was getting dumped into the market. The best way to combat that was to add more money sinks (in the form of raised costs)which seems to work. But since then, Hunter's found all the culprits and all of the hacking has, for the most part, come to an end. Since that was resolved, the inflated prices on all tiers of augs remained the same. Maybe just have the costs reverted back to the old values?

thats pretty much it for now. any and all feedback is appriciated Smiley
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 10:19:39 am by Digz » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 12:15:24 pm »

for the last few months ive kept a little note pad on my desktop and everytime i thought of anything that could better our playing experiance, i took note. I just wanted to say that i dont expect anything to happen with this post expect to bring some comments & ideas on some of the sugestions, and maybe eventually make their way onto live given enough feedback/interest from the community. Most if not all the things im gunna list are mostly quality of life changes and i in no way want to change the current state of EZ server, i think the current content & rate of progression is perfectly fine.

Awsome, this is what I need to make the server better.

1. Velious Armor Textures - this is a big one for me, Other then seeing the graphics of someone weapon(s) or inspecting them, its pretty much impossible to tell if the person is in full QVIC or full T6 Anguish gear. I sugest adding the velious armor to at least T5+ to try and distinguish the high end players from lower end a little bit. Now granted i know a lot of people play with luclin models on and this wont effect them in the slightest...i personally do not play with new models and im sure a lot of others do not as well so i think this change could be welcoming without having any impact on the game at all, purely cosmetic.

I'm not even sure which armor models are being used on each tier. They are all just kind of copy and pasted clones of each other with stats raised higher. So you want Velious Armor? I need examples, of clothe, leather, chain, and plate, that you want to use. What are the names of the armor, so I can copy the id of the graphics from those suits to the custom tier suits.

2. Extended Focus on UCs - the focus effect from guardians is completely gone once you upgrade to a UC. When i asked for the reasoning behind this in ooc i got the response of it basiclly would make rangers OP due to it effecting Discs and rangers being able to keep trueshot aura up 100% of the time. While i could see this as true when the UC first came out, as it stands right now rangers have much greater dps while meleeing with swords compared to swinging away with a bow. With this change, ranger bow dps would go up but i still can`t see it being better ( or at least not to the point of rangers being completely broken/overpowered when using a bow compared to swords). Id love some feedback on this one.

I guess people speculated about Rangers being over powered, but I think it was either I didn't know enough on making custom spells at the time I created it, or there was some conflict of adding all 4 charm focuses together. I can take a second look into it. Suggestions are welcome as long as they are reasonable and not OP. So far Hate is doing a good job with spells. I don't want to demand anything from him, but I'm sure we'd all welcome any input he has as well on UC focus Smiley

3. Mana Regen added to roa -   I dunno, this change is simply to make the ring more attractive to casters (even though its already "Best in slot" w/o the mana regen cause of the wad of hp it has) & to help them a bit more in that category since theres a real lack of heavy +mana regen items out there (but maybe for a good reason?). this is just something i wanted to throw out there for the sake of discussion, think this would push classes like wizzys over the top?

I can add mana regen, but it'd have to be low amounts. We're not going to get up into the thousands of mana per tick cause with the mana regen armor/augs we already have, it'd be easy to get infinite mana through regen.

4. Bard Mod Increase -   - An increase in the Instrument mod on Epics 4.5+?. I remember Hunter mentioning he was planning on working on the 4.5+ epics soon after he was done with the Spell mess so hopefully this one will get noticed. Smiley

This is something I completely over looked. I'll see about bumping up their epic instrument mods.

5. Turn UC into a quest/task to be turned into an NPC - Why? one simple reason. If you've ever noticed when someone gets a UC, they normally want people to know...so you normally see something like a link of the 5 complete charms followed by a link of the UC followed by grats messages. Why not just make it like what the Epic Vendor does and have an NPC announce when someone has completed their UC, informing the entire server of their great accomplishment. Yet another quality of life change.

I prefer to keep everything with combines in the Magic Box but I wouldn't mind adding code that you could turn in 4 x rank 50 charms and get a server wide shout of congrats about completing your UC. A grind like that deserves a shout out!

Cleric Shield Epic Alternative? - [/b] as it stands now pretty much every high end cleric is stuck using their 3.0 epic shield for the rest of their lives. Maybe just to make it possible to turn in your epic weapon for an epic shield? no new crazy effect is needed really, just an upgrade in stats compared to their 3.0 would be good enough as the effect is already pretty good regardless on its stats.

I could probably make something for each tier starting at Epic 3.0's that you can swap out an alternative between the weapon and the shield, just like 1hs -> 2hs and Swords -> Bow swaps we already have. Just need time to make up the item and quest code for the swap. I guess Clerics will be doing another round of Epics now Smiley

I'll book mark this topic and come back to it. Can't promise when, but it should be soon, and most of it will probably get done too.

Thanks

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 12:24:06 pm »

Armor textures are a two-way street. With old models and new models, the gear looks totally different. Some of the higher end gear looks different with Luclin models, but defaults to a generic texture with older models. Simply put, play with one box having high settings. Will make it a bit more enjoyable

2. Extended Focus on UCs - the focus effect from guardians is completely gone once you upgrade to a UC. When i asked for the reasoning behind this in ooc i got the response of it basiclly would make rangers OP due to it effecting Discs and rangers being able to keep trueshot aura up 100% of the time. While i could see this as true when the UC first came out, as it stands right now rangers have much greater dps while meleeing with swords compared to swinging away with a bow. With this change, ranger bow dps would go up but i still can`t see it being better ( or at least not to the point of rangers being completely broken/overpowered when using a bow compared to swords). Id love some feedback on this one.

This wasn't so much ranger, as it is warriors. (damn warriors!) With UC, the warrior could keep a permanent Stonewall up. However, with the 2-Hand weapons...they can anyway. Maybe it's time to re-add the effect?

3. Mana Regen added to roa -  I dunno, this change is simply to make the ring more attractive to casters (even though its already "Best in slot" w/o the mana regen cause of the wad of hp it has) & to help them a bit more in that category since theres a real lack of heavy +mana regen items out there (but maybe for a good reason?). this is just something i wanted to throw out there for the sake of discussion, think this would push classes like wizzys over the top?

I will agree with adding Mana-Regen to RoA. I've submitted script to add it. Just depends on if the bossman wants to do so.

4. Bard Mod Increase -  - An increase in the Instrument mod on Epics 4.5+?. I remember Hunter mentioning he was planning on working on the 4.5+ epics soon after he was done with the Spell mess so hopefully this one will get noticed. Smiley

If memory serves, there will be no more instrument modding because of rollover. Say cap for instrument mod is 550 (in example only). With +250 x2, you only have 50 more before you break cap. With instrument mods, breaking cap causes a roll over. Let's say you turn instrument mods to 300 on 5.0 epics. That would give you 600 instrument mod before roll over, or 50 after roll over. So you will, in theory, have less instrument mod when you add more instrument mod.

5. Turn UC into a quest/task to be turned into an NPC - Why? one simple reason. If you've ever noticed when someone gets a UC, they normally want people to know...so you normally see something like a link of the 5 complete charms followed by a link of the UC followed by grats messages. Why not just make it like what the Epic Vendor does and have an NPC announce when someone has completed their UC, informing the entire server of their great accomplishment. Yet another quality of life change.

I disagree with the task or involvement of an NPC. Maybe simply adding in a server wide message in the defaults.pl script to drop a message in a special color.

Cleric Shield Epic Alternative? - [/b] as it stands now pretty much every high end cleric is stuck using their 3.0 epic shield for the rest of their lives. Maybe just to make it possible to turn in your epic weapon for an epic shield? no new crazy effect is needed really, just an upgrade in stats compared to their 3.0 would be good enough as the effect is already pretty good regardless on its stats.

That's not a bad idea actually. Wouldn't mind getting higher end stat item for cleric. Might even get some new graphics for it? I might look into this sometime this weekend.

DAMN IT HUNTER! All beating me to it.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 12:29:06 pm »

1. Velious Armor Textures -

Change all the False to True in eqclient.ini

LoadArmor17=TRUE
LoadArmor18=FALSE
LoadArmor19=FALSE
LoadArmor20=FALSE
LoadArmor21=FALSE
LoadArmor22=FALSE
LoadArmor23=FALSE

Denzig <STONE>
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 12:38:05 pm »

I'm not even sure which armor models are being used on each tier. They are all just kind of copy and pasted clones of each other with stats raised higher. So you want Velious Armor? I need examples, of clothe, leather, chain, and plate, that you want to use. What are the names of the armor, so I can copy the id of the graphics from those suits to the custom tier suits.

Well as a matter of fact you used all the velious Textures on the First tier of craftable ROA gear (Cast Iron Custom xxx) so coping the textures over from that gear set would pretty much be perfect but that only helps with the Plate set but its a start. Ill see if i can muster up a list of item ids from the velious gear sets if i can for the life of me remember half of their names Sad

1. Velious Armor Textures -

Change all the False to True in eqclient.ini

LoadArmor17=TRUE
LoadArmor18=FALSE
LoadArmor19=FALSE
LoadArmor20=FALSE
LoadArmor21=FALSE
LoadArmor22=FALSE
LoadArmor23=FALSE

yeah i already have all that stuff set to true but the problem is if the item doesnt used the velious texture in the first place then those values won't do anything for you, its only if you want to use original textures on velious armor that those values come into play (the opposite of what we're trying to accomplish)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 12:40:13 pm by Digz » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 01:17:10 pm »

I can add mana regen, but it'd have to be low amounts. We're not going to get up into the thousands of mana per tick cause with the mana regen armor/augs we already have, it'd be easy to get infinite mana through regen.

Attached is perl form of the queries to add mana regen to RoA. Simply change the $increment value to whatever you want per rank. I put in a value of 5 for starters.

Code:
###########################################################################
# Script: RoA.pl
# Purpose: Add mana regeneration to RoA, using the $increment field
# Author: Hateborne
# Notes: To adjust the script, simply input correct username,
# password, db, and correctly set the $increment field.
###########################################################################

use DBI;

sub go
{

my ($db) = "peq"; # database name
my ($user) = "root"; # database username
my ($pass) = "password"; # database password
my ($dbh, $sth, @arr, $query); # handles and the array variable
my ($dsn) = "DBI:mysql:$db:host=127.0.0.1" || die "Can't access database - $DBI::errstr\n"; # data source name

# build database handle
$dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $user, $pass, { RaiseError => 1});
#printf "dbh is $dbh\n"; ## DEBUG

####################################################
my $increment = 5; # amount of regen per rank
####################################################

# build an array of queries
for ($i = 1; $i <= 100; $i++)
{
my $regenVal = $i * $increment;
$statement =  "UPDATE items SET manaregen = $regenVal WHERE name = 'Ring of the Ages $i'";
#printf "$statement\n"; ## DEBUG
@arr[$i-1] = $statement;
}

# pass that array of queries
# (separated from above for efficiency)
foreach (@arr)
{
$dbh->do($_) || die "Couldn't update item - $DBI::err\n";
#printf "$_\n"; ## DEBUG
}

# close out
$dbh->disconnect();
}

go();

-Hate

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 01:34:42 pm »

Hate, I'm pretty sure instrument mod doesn't stack when you're dual wielding. My bard only has one 3.0 so far, but I could grind out another 3.0 without too much difficulty.
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 02:01:31 pm »

For armor textures, you might find these values handy:

1 Leather
2 Mail
3 Pate
4 Monk
5 Cloth (naked, no graphic)
6 Unknown
7 Kunark Chain (Looks like Plate on Iksar, Chain on everyone else)
8 Something called "LDON Leather". This only applies to maybe 10 items in the entire game, they were from ldon vendors
9 Unknown
10 Crimson Robe of Alendine
11 Flowing Black Robe
12 Cryosilk Robe
13 Robe of the Oracle
14 Robe of the Kedge
15 Shining Metallic Robes
16 Plain Robe (noob robe)
17 Velious Leather 1 (Netted Kelp, Ice Burrower Skin, etc)
18 Velious Chain 1 (PoGrowth/Pohate Floor 2 chain armor, Western Wastes Dragonhide Armor)
19 Velious Plate 1 (PoGrowth/PoHate plate armor, Vindi BP, Phase Spider Carapace)
20 Velious Leather 2 (Most quested Thurg/Kael/Skyshrine leather, Tizmak armor, Ulthork Armor, etc)
21 Velious Chain 2 (Most quested Thurg/Kael/Skyshrine chain, Ry'gorr armor, etc)
22 Velious Plate 2 (Most quested Thurg/Kael/Skyshrine  plate, Crustacean Shell armor, Royal Velium Frosted armor, etc)
23 Velious Monk
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 02:05:50 pm »

Hate, I'm pretty sure instrument mod doesn't stack when you're dual wielding. My bard only has one 3.0 so far, but I could grind out another 3.0 without too much difficulty.

>_>? Why wouldn't it?

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 02:48:48 pm »

Dont know why it wouldnt, but it doesnt. Bard mod doesnt change whether you DW 3.0 or just use 1.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 02:59:23 pm »

Probably because it's not a stat that tallies up like strength or shielding or stun resist or whatever. Think of it like a focus effect. Improved Damage III doesn't stack with Improved Damage IV, or a 40% haste item doesn't stack with a 45% haste item.
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 03:04:18 pm »

we could also use the custom helm graphics that was on custom white dragonscale helm
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 03:05:24 pm »

Dont know why it wouldnt, but it doesnt. Bard mod doesnt change whether you DW 3.0 or just use 1.

Because...

Code:
	switch(item->BardType)
{
case 51: /* All (e.g. Singing Short Sword) */
{
if(item->BardValue > newbon->singingMod)
newbon->singingMod = item->BardValue;
if(item->BardValue > newbon->brassMod)
newbon->brassMod = item->BardValue;
if(item->BardValue > newbon->stringedMod)
newbon->stringedMod = item->BardValue;
if(item->BardValue > newbon->percussionMod)
newbon->percussionMod = item->BardValue;
if(item->BardValue > newbon->windMod)
newbon->windMod = item->BardValue;
break;
}

That's just an excerpt of the code that calculates the values, but it's consistent across all instrument mods.  You only get 1 bonus from all of your items, whichever is the highest.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 03:07:03 pm »

Here's the Velious quest armor's and their DB ID's. I couldn't remember if they where different between each set so i just done all them.

Code:
Class  		Thurgadin Armour(Item IDs)  		Kael Armour(Item IDs)  		Skyshrine Armour(Item IDs)

Warrior Champion's(31084-31090) Warlord's(25433-25439) Armour of the Myrmidon(31182-31188)
Monk Grand Master's(31091-31097) Golden Star(25440-25446) White Lotus(31189-31195)
Rogue Brigand's(31028-31034) Deceiver's(25377-25383) Shadow(31126-31132)
Bard Resonant(31035-31041) Troubadour's(25384-25390) Twilight(31133-31139)
Paladin Runed Protector(31021-31027) Shining(25371-25376) Scaled Knight's(31119-31125)
Shadow Knight Dark Runed(31000-31006) Malevolent(25349-25354) Blood Lord's(31098-31104)
Ranger Runed Scouts(31014-31020) Forest Stalkers(25363-25369) Golden Leaf(31112-31118)
Shaman Rune Crafters(31007-31013) Spirit Callers(25356-25362) Wolf Caller's(31105-31111)
Cleric Forbidden Rites(31042-31048) Templars(25391-25397) Risen(31140-31145)
Druid Rowyl's Armour of Nature(31049-31055) Nature Walker's(25398-25404) Woven Grass(31147-31153)
Enchanter Beguiler's(31077-31083) Dazzling(25426-25432) Illusionist's(31175-31181)
Magician Arch Mage's(31070-31076) Summoner's(25419-25425) Prestidigitator's(31168-31174)
Wizard Sage's(31056-31062) Invoker(25405-25411) Icicle(31154-31160)
Necromancer Warlock's(31063-31069) Plague Bearer's(25412-25418) Rotting(31161-31167)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 03:18:26 pm by Drezden » Logged
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 04:31:44 pm »

awesome Drezden, you just saved me a ton of work right there haha. If memory serves all 3 tiers had the same textures just slightly different colors? except maybe robes, dont know enough about those.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)