Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:25:52 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: My perspective on T5 (The Abyss)  (Read 12251 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 01:06:36 pm »

Sarthin holler at me in game when you see me on we can work some stuff out

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 01:09:34 pm »

The only thing I think is potentially problem are the RNG timed mobs that only spawn every 2-3 hours. Everything else is triggerable and there are already guides on how to spawn them. A well geared player that can stomp through the zone but is looking to gear up a new alt or change his comp will find this to be the biggest hurdle.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 04:24:32 pm »

That's where the whole "unpredictable" element comes into play. Too much of the game is too 'certain' as it is. Even T3/T4 was put on the static spawn train. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like the static spawn over the random spawn. Just making note that a ton has already been made very easy.

The random spawns shouldn't keep you down indefinitely. You will eventually get them.

Also, I am nearly full t5 on my SK and still occasionally die. If by 'well geared' you mean t6, yes...I hope some one is steamrolling. On par or slightly above won't save you in T5.

Sorry, I like most of it.  :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 05:30:53 pm »

I hate to sound like a jerk....but if people are leaving the game when they get to T5....then bubye. You got how many hours of free entertainment here? If you discover the game requires a little more investment in effort than you want to make, nothing wrong with that. But there are PLENTY of players out there who still WANT a challenge, and enjoy the sense of accomplishment one gets from completing a tier. Please dont ruin that for the rest of us. There are plenty of games out there that cater to the casual player.....in fact these days damned near all of them. Play there if this doesnt appeal to you, or simply get your entertainment before T5.

One of the things that has pretty much ruined EQ live is the instant gratification crowed pissing and moaning that it takes too much effort to get end game gear. Huh? Really?? Ya know.....not everyone has to get end game gear. If you dont want to put in the work, no one is forcing you to. I mean, I piss and moan about the drop rates in LDON and Qvic at times, but I sincerely hope Hunter never changes them. Having a pulse and being able to correctly type your username and password shouldnt entitle you to the best gear in the game....or even the best gear in the game 2 years ago.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 05:35:58 pm »

Another thing.....its taken me a long time to get to T5...and some help. I've seen people start playing here and do in 2 months what took me 2 years. And I am OK with that. I sometimes have issues that dont allow me to log in as much as I'd like. And ya know what? I'm enjoying the ride! I'm OK with seeing newbies buy their way to T6 within a month or 2 of game play. I'm also OK with people who are still in T3 after 2 or 3 years here. This aint a race. Play at your own pace. If you discover that you cant get to where you want to go, there are players who will help you for a price, or guilds that will help you along. Or....just enjoy the ride. Trying to make the game fit your play speed is rather silly.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439