Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:30:22 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Ninja Updates  (Read 11083 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2012, 08:59:07 pm »

Ninja Updated some stuff without posting info earlier.

Group Call of the Hero Clickie exploitable, so added recast time. Might add a few seconds to casting time as well.

Buff_Bot NPC removed random click text for buff. Was more for my own personal learning experience making random text string verification code a few years ago. Anyways, just hail n get buffs. Haven't looked at the buff bot in a LONG time. Willing to take suggestions of any buffs that would like to be added to the list. There are 3 current sets, low levels, high levels, and caster/fighter guilded buffs.

Saw a reasonable request of adding 2-4% more chance to get spawns in T5/Abyss. For the chance type triggers, might add that. Also might reduce the timed mobs a tad, maybe 1 1/2 - 3 hr random. These kind of tweaks are usually done after new tiers come out. Anguish goes by pretty fast, unless your working on UCv2, so I'll wait until T7 is released before making those T5 tweaks.

Expecting T7 geared players to break 1 million HP. Its always fun to go back to old zones and steam roll them after all those times they showed you who was boss. I remember on live taking my level 35 Cleric back into Crushbone and getting my revenge heh.

Don't forget to check the EZ_Rewards NPC for updated prices, and new items available. Planning on adding Sceptre of Time to it soon, and maybe higher level Strike Augs.

I'm guessing with some of the 190+ new spell scroll drops, casters can buff melees so their aug proc's do more dps. Haven't figured out the new DPS rates yet. Most of these super spells have long recast delays though.

Totally forgot if I added Strike Augs for Anguish Essences, probably not, so will add those to loot drops soon, and create recipe for next tier of Strike Augs. The augs are already created in the game, just need loot + recipes.

Enjoy!

Edit: Added Essences to Anguish. Will create recipes this weekend for the combines. Loot will start dropping in Anguish after next reboot, at 5% from bosses except Overlord_Mata_Muram which is 100% chance.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:19:58 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:58:56 pm »

I'm guessing with some of the 190+ new spell scroll drops, casters can buff melees so their aug proc's do more dps. Haven't figured out the new DPS rates yet. Most of these super spells have long recast delays though.

I am still waiting on some numbers from a few people. I will (hopefully) be able to make one last pass at all damaging spells this weekend. My goal would be to bring casters up to par with melee, but not over (yet) until I can figure out a way to equalize the time investment. As much as I want to let casters have it easymode for a while, I don't want the melee players and their efforts on augs to go to waste.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 12:49:59 pm »

unless im missing something the only "buff" melees really get is the Tempest blade spell line. Nothing else works on augs that ive found other then yaulp which is self only. Also, the 25% spell dmg on spells like malo & tash do not work with augs. In my opinion the gap between casters & melee should remain at the very least "considerable", the amount of effort/time/plat you have to invest into augs is FAR too large to merit only a slight dps benefit over rolling a free dps caster class.
Gyan1010

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 01:30:11 pm »

In my opinion the gap between casters & melee should remain at the very least "considerable", the amount of effort/time/plat you have to invest into augs is FAR too large to merit only a slight dps benefit over rolling a free dps caster class.
Totally agree with that part. I've always thought that since melee needs augs to proc, pet classes should need augs for their pets to start procing. Makes sense to me but is probably hard to code giving a pet an ability based on an aug that the owner has.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 03:07:42 pm »

In my opinion the gap between casters & melee should remain at the very least "considerable", the amount of effort/time/plat you have to invest into augs is FAR too large to merit only a slight dps benefit over rolling a free dps caster class.
Totally agree with that part. I've always thought that since melee needs augs to proc, pet classes should need augs for their pets to start procing. Makes sense to me but is probably hard to code giving a pet an ability based on an aug that the owner has.

Easily solved. Pet classes can get an item that they can upgrade. Each upgrade would have a click summon pet toys, similar to jerikor(sp) pack or whatever it is called. It would summon a bag of items that are pet only, weapons, haste, ac and hp items. Obviously each upgrade would yield stronger items. Said item could be s shield.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 03:24:25 pm »

Easily solved. Pet classes can get an item that they can upgrade. Each upgrade would have a click summon pet toys, similar to jerikor(sp) pack or whatever it is called. It would summon a bag of items that are pet only, weapons, haste, ac and hp items. Obviously each upgrade would yield stronger items. Said item could be s shield.

Not particularly easily solved. Simply because it would either affect only pets classes or force all casters into pet classes. I can't say I care for either of those. Once pets get improved/OP'ed, that totally undermines the direction of trying to give players a REASON to play their class(es).

I have still yet to find a solution that I am happy with for spells. Augs for casters would be exceptionally hard to balance as the augs would have to be so heavily restricted that only certain spells could even trigger (to prevent exploitation).

The solution (that I keep coming back to) is new research recipes to allow players to combine spells up for better versions of the spell (including a Fireblade V3 that mage types could summon and hand out to level 70 pets). This would essentially be a research version of augs for casters. The problem is that there are a few other things in the pipe before I can commit to this (balancing the spells, ToFS, ToFS, Diablo 3, ToFS, and then T3/T4 melee clicky revisions).

If anyone has any better/other ideas, please PM me to avoid scattering things across 900 threads. Otherwise, I'm aware. Don't worry, I'm not going to overpower casters and crush all you poor melee egos. Despite my bone for wizards, I am unfortunately foolish enough to attempt to be fair in everything I do. :-P

-Hate

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 03:35:22 pm »

Thanks for your fairness and your insight. I know there are some classes that are just really hard to balance. Casters seem to always be at the center of balancing issues. They are either too powerful or not powerful enough. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium on them. The reason I suggested item is basically putting an item in place of an aug. Now whether it be an item of spell research I don't think matters a heck of a lot, although spell research does seem to fit with eq continuity. If I can think of anything I will shoot you a message.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 04:15:33 pm »

Heh Xiggie, ready for the plot to thicken?

I have to make the changes easy enough that Hunter can easily replicate with each tier. If the solution is godlike, but too complicated, it will never see the light of day (or will exist for one tier).

Welcome to constant uphill battle.  :-)

-Hate

(P.S. -This is no hit or assault on the boss. It is simply logistics. Hunter has limited development time frame)

Camric

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 05:49:10 pm »

Not to mention that Diablo 3 lands in 5 days.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 05:54:23 pm »

Diablo 3 won't stop me. It will just consume my evenings. I still need something to do for ~5 hours a day.

-Hate

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 08:13:42 pm »

That is another reason I suggested an upgradeable item. It is similar to the UC and our armor already so it is easy to put in using existing knowledge. Easy to upgrade in the future too.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 09:33:05 pm »

Group CoH will change to 8 sec cast, 5 sec recast, instead of having the 5-6 min recast, effective after reboot.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 10:52:02 pm »

That is another reason I suggested an upgradeable item. It is similar to the UC and our armor already so it is easy to put in using existing knowledge. Easy to upgrade in the future too.

Heh only problem I am aware of is the effects not stacking. For most effects, it's 1 from armor and 1 from spell OR song. So an item with +spellpower would not stack with charms. If you make it stronger than charms, casters get it even easier than me overpowering the spell damage.

Seeing the pickle(s) in balancing? :-)

-Hate

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 12:50:42 am »

Oh yeah, most definitely. I was mostly meaning for pet classes for the upgrading item. As far as non-pet caster classes I have no idea. Maybe something along the lines of reduced cast times. Meh, just combine druid and enchanter into a wizard and be done with it, lol.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 01:50:43 am »

Oh yeah, most definitely. I was mostly meaning for pet classes for the upgrading item. As far as non-pet caster classes I have no idea. Maybe something along the lines of reduced cast times. Meh, just combine druid and enchanter into a wizard and be done with it, lol.

Druchazard... ..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96