Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 02:32:16 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Killstealing and Campstealing in Public T3/4  (Read 10992 times)
trydaneq

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2012, 11:44:06 am »

As I emailed to Hunter already, I had my team set up in public T3/4, trying to gear up a couple alts and my girlfriend's character.  Toor comes in, sets up his team in position for a kill, and I get curious and ask what he's doing.  He says he needs public to kill MCP.  Having been there quite a while and pretty settled in, I declined, since, well, it was MY camp at the time.

Toor decided he was going to spawn the MCP anyway, die, kill off my group, and lock up the zone for...however long it takes to despawn MCP.

Here's a screenshot of the conversation, with an MCP clearly spawned in the background.

I'm just getting sick of typing it...Xiggie- SHUT UP!!!
trydaneq

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 12:02:13 pm »

I should note there were a couple 'enjoy your ban' lines and some combat spam with more cannot see your target (which is why the chat bar is scrolled up a bit) and some asking of how long it takes MCP to despawn in pub

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 12:11:14 pm »

I should note there were a couple 'enjoy your ban' lines and some combat spam with more cannot see your target (which is why the chat bar is scrolled up a bit) and some asking of how long it takes MCP to despawn in pub

Instant depsawn if you agro him and use the posky ring.. sometimes.. other times he follows and proceeds to kill you.

trydaneq

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 12:18:09 pm »

Godz came through and killed it so I didn't have to deal with it.

Severs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 01:17:38 pm »

I will speak with him. Not to cause trouble or anything but when did Hunter say you can camp and hold all the spawns in t3/t4? Things might have been changed but when he originally made it we had to share spawns. If two guilds where in the zone we had to alternate kills. Im not agreeing with how things have gone down but I have had this coversation myself with other players before. Since people can group / solo things now they seem to think they can hold the zone as long as they want but as far as i know Hunter has not changed the rules of the zone so that camping it the same as camping a particular mob / camp. Like I say things might have been changed ( since I don't keep up with the forums / in game as much as I use to). Anyway let me know if you have any more trouble.
trydaneq

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 03:15:49 pm »

I can't find anything one way or another about T3/4.  Only thing I can find where you HAVE to share, from Hunter's own mouth, is Tikis in T1/2.  Regardless of whether or not it's just something I didn't find during the last hour of looking through forum posts, he trained MCP onto my group by spawning it without any sort of warning.  Common practice as far as I can remember has been if someone else is there, go make an instance.  It's different than the T1/2 tikis in a sense that the trigger item drops in that same zone (and tikis used to have a stupid respawn time as you know).  Someone wouldn't be in T3/4 unless they actually had mobs to kill.

Doublep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 08:31:39 pm »

I would have to agree on both sides of the convo. Just like any other zone like ldon to others that shouldnt camp public zone all to yourself. Alot people have  got in the habit of certain zones being that way but same time was done wrong in alot ways what has done. As severs said if asked should be nice enough to let a kill be done if in a public zone. If want to hog and camp a zone thats what a guild or private instance is there for. So on both notes there is a right and a wrong.
trydaneq

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 10:41:22 pm »

I would have to agree on both sides of the convo. Just like any other zone like ldon to others that shouldnt camp public zone all to yourself. Alot people have  got in the habit of certain zones being that way but same time was done wrong in alot ways what has done. As severs said if asked should be nice enough to let a kill be done if in a public zone. If want to hog and camp a zone thats what a guild or private instance is there for. So on both notes there is a right and a wrong.

He didn't ask, he just assumed it was going to happen.  Had he actually said 'can I step in for an MCP kill?' I might have been inclined to say OK and did some dishes or laundry or something.  Instead he assumes he's going to get it (despite there being NOTHING that I have found from Hunter saying you have to take turns in T3/4).  He could have entered the more than likely already there FP guild instance.

Doublep, before trying to decide what's right and wrong, maybe you should try not griefing people in Qvic.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 11:49:12 pm »

Most people respect and just move to an instance if public PoA is camped, just the ongoing thing..still a dick move to pop MCP and then unable to kill him....

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 12:54:56 am »

To be expected...the guy's a dick, so dick moves are par for the course.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 09:52:22 am »

I find the "MCP is too hard since the gloves change" comment really, really funny

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Woodee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 03:03:45 pm »

Am I missing something? Does the change to the gloves not cause the same problem for attempting to zerg MCP in public as it would an instance? I only ask because i refuse to do public zones to avoid this kind of trouble.
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 03:09:25 pm »

My only guess is just the added time of zoneing into the instance.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 03:18:37 pm »

it shouldnt make any difference...if anything you have a higher chance of losing sync when a lot of toons zone into public
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 07:50:43 pm »

I realize the rules on this might be a bit unclear so here we go.

If you can spawn bosses, such as the Tiki in T1/T2 or in Airplane in T3/T4 then take turns spawning bosses ok? You can't hold that from other players trying to use the spawner.

Now if your camping say a mob with a place holder, then you can stay there until the named mob spawns as long as you don't afk more than 5 minutes. Need to stay active to keep the camp.

To avoid grief then just use a Guild Instance, or wait for the other guild to finish 1 boss kill, let them loot the corpse, then you can spawn the next boss for your turn.

I'll have to update the rules later about this.

I have spoken.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081