Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:17:51 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SoD from Steam  (Read 4764 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2010, 11:15:24 am »

I've never used Steam to get games online, ever.
So i bought SoD way back when it was 3 dollars, downloaded it a day or two ago... but now im trying to install it. I really dont know where it is, where im DLing it to, how to install it.
Is it just the SoD content? or is it all of EQ up to SoD point?
Just a point in the right direction would be great. Thanks

Soloni

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 11:57:02 am »

It is everything up to the SoD point I believe. And it is already "kind of installed". What I mean by that is you only have to copy the directory into a different one. It is in your steam folder found in you program files. Once you find the EQ content, just copy and paste it to wherever you want the SoD version directory to be. For me, I have 3 different ones.

Live EQ : c/program files/sony/EQ/EQ Live
SoD Client for emu : c/blah blah/sony/EQ/EMU SOD
Titanium Client: c/blah blah/sony/EQ/ Titanium Client

Then on my desktop, I have the shortcuts for all 3, appropriately labeled of course/

WTB an open tiki at any time of the day please, last 5 days perma camped makes me sad in the pants.
Rezniron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 11:58:22 am »

When you download games from steam it puts them in the steamapps folder in the main steam folder. you go into steamapps and just pull the everquest folder out of it then follow the instructions on EQEMU.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 02:25:07 pm »

When you download games from steam it puts them in the steamapps folder in the main steam folder. you go into steamapps and just pull the everquest folder out of it then follow the instructions on EQEMU.

Alright, thats what i was looking for. Where in Steam folder it was. Thanks the both of you, much appreciated.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 169