Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:33:14 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Would you play on EZ PVP Server?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: EZ PVP  (Read 24331 times)
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 06:13:00 am »

The port the client uses to connect is hardcoded.  You can't host two servers off the same IP because there's no way for both servers to receive data on that port.

There are various ways you could deal with that, depending on your ISP/Router setup, but the bottom line is you need to be able to have two public addresses for two servers.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 06:41:14 am »

Figured, which is why I'm going to limit 1 IP per online on a lower bandwidth ISP.

Thanks for the info.

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 07:14:29 am »

Terrible idea. For having a cookie cutter server you actually have something decent and PVP is not something this server would balance towards in any fashion.
However as a fun lark of a project that you didn't plan on keeping up for more then a short period of time it would be fun.

how seriously do you think a 1per ip would work when people multibox on P99 on a rather active basis.
How about your no mq2 claim, is that something you think you could code to prevent or did you just plan on to blanket ban anyone that another cried wolf on?

[Pointing out that it would be a fun way to spend a week or two but long term it would fail more then xiggies niece at keeping her pants on]

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 03:31:15 pm »

[Pointing out that it would be a fun way to spend a week or two but long term it would fail more then xiggies niece at keeping her pants on]

Heard she is on number 2 already..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 12:13:25 am »

Heard she is on number 2 already..

Yep she sure is. My current prediction is she will have 3 with another on the way by the time she is 20. Strip club employment should be between 20 and 25 if she maintains any kind of figure.

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 12:48:36 am »

Nothing is hotter on a stripper than a c-section scar.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 01:10:06 am »

She didn't have a c-section, but no telling between now and then.

kaos

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 02:36:45 pm »

I'd come out of hiding for this.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 02:49:58 pm »

I'd come out of hiding for this.

My niece? She's not all that.

cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 07:41:23 pm »

Figured, which is why I'm going to limit 1 IP per online on a lower bandwidth ISP.

Thanks for the info.

Hunter

It sounds like bandwidth might be a big issue. It got me thinking about "serverfilter" and how that was implemented in EQ live to cut down on bandwidth usage. I dont think its currently implemented on EZ, or maybe its not possible with emu at all? Maybe lerxst could answer this one?
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 08:58:15 pm »

The short answer is if you have messages filtered on the client most of them aren't ever sent by the server.

There are two opcodes for it, one marked as login and a standalone one.  I would guess typing /serverfilter on the client would send the second, but both do the same thing.  I guess if you changed a bunch of filters and didn't relog then /serverfilter might make a difference.  It might also get sent automatically when you change filters.  *shrug*
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 09:12:03 pm »

The short answer is if you have messages filtered on the client most of them aren't ever sent by the server.

There are two opcodes for it, one marked as login and a standalone one.  I would guess typing /serverfilter on the client would send the second, but both do the same thing.  I guess if you changed a bunch of filters and didn't relog then /serverfilter might make a difference.  It might also get sent automatically when you change filters.  *shrug*

Is there anyway to force it from the server? Asking because I would bet many people arent filtering the melee/proc spam in their client, just sending it to another chat window. If there was a way to force filter all melee/proc spam from the server itself, not having to rely on people doing it in their client - that might cut down on alot of bandwidth usage.
kaos

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 11:58:47 am »

My niece? She's not all that.

Damn it! This always happens, I wrack my brain for something snappy to say, and all that comes out is: Damn it!

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 01:59:19 pm »

Is there anyway to force it from the server? Asking because I would bet many people arent filtering the melee/proc spam in their client, just sending it to another chat window. If there was a way to force filter all melee/proc spam from the server itself, not having to rely on people doing it in their client - that might cut down on alot of bandwidth usage.

Maybe those people don't want to filter it.  It's a choice.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 03:59:02 pm »

There are two opcodes for it, one marked as login and a standalone one.  I would guess typing /serverfilter on the client would send the second, but both do the same thing.  I guess if you changed a bunch of filters and didn't relog then /serverfilter might make a difference.  It might also get sent automatically when you change filters.  *shrug*

Although I disagree with the melee and proc being filter from the server end this is a really good idea. I think melee, proc and magic damage/heal (all crits, misses, blocks, parry, etc. included) should be filtered from the player side. I personally like to be able to see that at times for parcing and such. However there is loads of stuff that does not need to even be in the game. I don't need to know that me, one of my party members, or my pet is smiling evily at a mob. I also don't need to know that my chest item is glowing because I am casting gate. And there are tons of other item speeches and useless emotes and whatnot. If there was an easy way for this to be filtered from the server side I think it would help with the desync issues.

Balthor and I were up killing T3/4 mobs with Meatbag one day. Balthor and I had I think 4 to 6 toons each and Meatbag had one. Meatbag kept desyncing and going link death every few minutes. Through out the conversation we figured out he had all melee and crits turned on but just filtered to a different window. Although he refused to turn it off and his issues kept on happening there have been others that changed this and it resolved their issues. Further filtering could only increase performance.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:54:38 pm by Xiggie » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061