Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 10:51:41 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Would you play on EZ PVP Server?
Yes
No

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: EZ PVP  (Read 22201 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2012, 12:51:39 pm »

Thinking about coping our EZ Server to run a 2nd EZ Server for PVP.

• All characters wiped
  • All items tradeable
  • All items not lore
  • All spells unresistable
  • Limit 1 character online per IP
  • No MQ2 Allowed
  • No Instances
  • PvP any level limit
  • PvP loot item(s)
  • Allow charm, mez, stun, slow on mobs
  • Boss HP, Regen, and Damage reduced by up to 50%
  • Drop Rates maybe 20-50% higher up to 100% max
  • Faster Exp Rate
  • Trains and Corpse Camping Allowed
  • Hacking and Fowl Language Not Allowed
  • Nexus, Surefall, and few others will be safe zones

Would need a network with a different external IP address for port forwarding to make this work, unless there is some trick to getting 2 servers to run off the same IP that I don't know about yet.

I'm sure some elite group of friends will rush to the end then try to block others, happens on every PVP server.

Will force players to group together since only 1 online per IP.

Feed back welcome. No point voting or posting if your not interested. Just curious how the population would be. I'm guessing 10-50 online at any given time.

Which class would you play, and why? Which class do you think will pwn the most in PvP?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:11:06 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pukagiz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 01:56:53 pm »

Which class would you play, and why?

cleric or paladin...nuff said! on live cleric (if you know how to play them) are pvp gods and cannot be killed paladins come in close second then probably monk for the top 3.....NOWWWW if you keep the ez code you'd probably see a crap ton of SKs / Pallies running around maybe wizzy too idk how well a wizzy vs PC would go with the resists and such wizzy may be able to 1 shot any PC that stands in the way if resists are too low...

but i'm down for it sounds fun Smiley
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:05:05 pm »

I'd probably make ALL spells -1000 resist adjust for more giggles and action.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pukagiz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 02:21:06 pm »

noooooooooo more people need to vote YES you're crushing my pvp dreams =( lol
Venia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 02:38:21 pm »

meh, i dont really enjoy EQ pvp, but maybe will give it a go just for laughs
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 05:55:35 pm »

i'd play a monk or an enchanter b/c i played both on live as a team and they where a blast you wouldnt belive how many ppl accualy bought the FD as a real death when in a war situation and with Wu stikes *in old days* it made pvp the best and most fun i've ever had *think it was the stun that helped* and enchanters...charms nuff said*
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 06:09:48 pm »

The main issues with PVP are the class balancing (balancing PVE is hard enough) and incentive to actually PVP. There needs to be some incentive to make PVP meaningful, otherwise whats the point? Also if youre going to limit it to one toon per household, then you'll have to double or triple the drops imo.

I just dont think youre going to have the time to do what it takes to make a good PVP server.
Fiend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 07:56:07 pm »

While I would not be interested in starting over on an EZ pvp server, it has me wondering if the Arena works here.
Liveye

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 10:32:53 pm »

I will honestly never understand what people see in PvP without rewards. Especially in such a great PvE game...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 09:28:00 am »

Modified the OP with new info about how I might set it up. I still need to figure out a dedicated machine to run it. Could be fun. Would be at turn key system, just start it up and let it run. Updates would only be done on the blue server, unless doing a massive once a year catch up update if players already get to the final tier on pvp.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 12:28:36 pm »

I have a question about AOE damage. Take for instance warrior. You can put aoe augs in the weapons for the aoe damage and taunt. In instances where there might be a co op raid what will that from damaging the other pc's you are on a co op raid with?

cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 01:22:37 pm »

Modified the OP with new info about how I might set it up. I still need to figure out a dedicated machine to run it. Could be fun. Would be at turn key system, just start it up and let it run. Updates would only be done on the blue server, unless doing a massive once a year catch up update if players already get to the final tier on pvp.

Well the idea sounds more interesting now that you updated the OP. I would suggest you also remove the lore tag on all items so that players could keep some backup gear in the bank in case the gear they are wearing gets looted. Also I think it would be best to enable charm/slow/stun. I would definitely play that server! This could also attract many new players from other servers as well, so I wouldnt give this poll too much weight.

I think there would actually be very little PVP action because the server population is so small and people would have to work together to get anywhere. Anyone trying to constantly PVP will find themselves outcasted and left in the dust. Despite that fact, I still think the server sounds very appealing.

To answer your question about what classes would be the best, wizards will be PVP gods with the -1000 magic resist. However in PVE sk's and pallies will be the gods. Pure melee would take a back seat to everyone, but honestly I dont see that as a problem because class balance will never be perfect.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:40:41 pm by cerwin » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 06:14:09 pm »

Ideas added.

Also, might edit spells to allow stuff like Snare, Fear, Charm, Mez, Slow, etc to hit up to level 70 or higher for pvp and raids.

Not sure yet if I'm going to do this. Need to figure out how/where I'm going to host it, and if I have the time to host it, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 06:47:31 pm »

Ideas added.

Also, might edit spells to allow stuff like Snare, Fear, Charm, Mez, Slow, etc to hit up to level 70 or higher for pvp and raids.

Not sure yet if I'm going to do this. Need to figure out how/where I'm going to host it, and if I have the time to host it, etc.

Yea being able to stun/mez/charm/fear during PVP would be great. Would make enchanters a viable option no doubt.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 06:04:52 am »

Wouldn't be able to mez necros like they did in old school, but fear/charm/stun might work Smiley

Anyways, too much on my plate this weekend. Will try maybe next weekend at earliest for pvp server.

Also, bandwidth is more of an issue than hardware. Need to find a way to host 2 servers off 1 IP.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678