Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 03:25:48 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Can't upgrade to UF!! D:  (Read 11130 times)
Aryn

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2012, 12:19:10 am »

The instructions for everything else on EZ Server is pretty straight-forward, but obtaining the Underfoot or an "SoD+" version of EQ is impossible. 

I tried to get UF, but they were all steam-related.  They wouldn't work.  (Hunter made the post in Nov. of 2011.)  Steam stopped releasing UF since then, so I'm out of luck.  I stopped playing for a few months, and the client changes to something unobtainable!

How am I supposed to work with this?  I'm using Titanium and was told by someone that my characters are "60% weaker" because I have an outdated client.  What should I do?  I'd like to continue playing my characters.  I love them.  o.o;    Heeeelp!!!  ... Please?
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 12:46:43 am »

Go to Here http://hateborne.dyndns.org/ezserver/clients/

Download all the files in that directory.

Use 7zip to unzip them. NOT WINRAR!! download 7zip it is free and use it.

download ezserver spell and server files shown on your left side of screen. add them into the main directory of where you put the above download.

Aryn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 12:48:01 am »

Thanks!  I'll get to it right now!!
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 12:48:35 am »

Oh and if you see hateborne in game thank him because befor he put up his file server it was always a pain in the #$%^ to try and help sombody get a damb client.  Grin
Aryn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 12:49:43 am »

Certainly, I will do that!  ^^  Thank you, thank you!!  I'm ever so grateful.
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 01:20:58 am »

Don't forget to get the PoD and Bothunder files as well. Think there under fixes in hate's link.
Aryn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 11:08:36 am »

Ok, you're right.  The fixes were here:  http://hateborne.dyndns.org/ezserver/fixes/
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 09:52:32 pm »

login server bug, just keep relogging in.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
ho0ked

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 09:54:35 pm »

Download the multiple files from hates link.
Download 7zip and install it.
Find you toons files in your old client, save them some where. they have your toons name in them. (This gives you some* of your settings so you don't have to redo them all with your new UF client)

Use 7zip to extract the file #1, and it will auto-extract the rest of the files.

Get the ezserver files and spells, and the missing bot files listed above.

Make a shortcut for the eqgame.exe, change the host addy, put patchme in your shortcut.

Copy your toon files back in to UF.

Login, fix any settings needed and rock on.
Aryn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 10:19:41 pm »

I don't have any list of servers after 20 tries, but it sometimes says 0 of 21 expansions.  Sometimes it says 0 of 29 expansions.

This sucks.  Hooked didn't read anything from the post except the topic.  :/
Aryn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 10:24:53 pm »

Ok, I opened the 7z file up and checked to see if the eqgame.exe file was in it,.... and it is.  For some reason it didn't extract the first time. Huh I'll try this again.  ;(

My grandma logged my profile on the computer out while it was downloading the pieces, so I'm going to try downloading them all over again.  Lol.  We'll see how this goes.  It will probably work.  Woot!!  (Hurry up and wait~!)

**edit
I redownloaded all the files and it worked!!!  I am now playing with Underfoot!!!  I'm so happy I'm going to cry.  XD  Thanks, all!~~~
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:52:30 am by Aryn » Logged
ho0ked

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 01:01:01 pm »

I don't have any list of servers after 20 tries, but it sometimes says 0 of 21 expansions.  Sometimes it says 0 of 29 expansions.

This sucks.  Hooked didn't read anything from the post except the topic.  :/

I was trying to tell you the right way to do it because you obviously did something wrong, or it got interupted and/or corupted.

Hates link also does not state to uzip all the files by starting with file#1 and that it auto-unzips all the rest from there.

I was helping you ensure you did it properly
You were missing files and you had to redo it like I stated to correct it.

Your welcome  Wink
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 12:20:07 am »

:-P

I can only hand so much of it away. Already bought a small box to host, 50 MB/s upload/download (yes symmetrical), and spend time maintaining.

I was kind of hoping that after doing all of it that some could at least figure out the unzipping.

On a non-dickish note, if you are ever unsure of a file-type...Google. In all seriousness, ".001 file". I am a low end IT grunt and get weird ass file types from our sales persons' customers. This is how I figure wtf they just sent us.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Aryn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 01:23:12 am »

I understood the unzipping.  The problem that I had was that the files were corrupted.   Undecided   When I combined the files and extracted the goods, some files had errors and weren't able to be created.  Thanks for the great files, Hate!!  Cheesy  (I'm just a silly willy who left the computer unattended, and my grandmother logged my profile out while the parts were downloading, resulting in corrupted files.  @_@)

Anyhow...  Does anyone else hear nothing when playing?  I have all the music, but it's not playing.   I'm so close to perfection!    Cry
Sebastionleo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 01:28:24 am »

I understood the unzipping.  The problem that I had was that the files were corrupted.   Undecided   When I combined the files and extracted the goods, some files had errors and weren't able to be created.  Thanks for the great files, Hate!!  Cheesy  (I'm just a silly willy who left the computer unattended, and my grandmother logged my profile out while the parts were downloading, resulting in corrupted files.  @_@)

Anyhow...  Does anyone else hear nothing when playing?  I have all the music, but it's not playing.   I'm so close to perfection!    Cry

All of my music was added to my WMP library and I can listen to EQ music even when I'm not playing it now!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 383