Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 06:10:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SoD Question...  (Read 7051 times)
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2010, 09:21:59 pm »

So is there a away to turn some mob looks on?
I mean orc in oasis look like human hehe... i guess they arent the only ones either... The gargoyle like mobs in LDON are human too.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 06:42:28 am by Lodar » Logged

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 09:30:06 pm »

Check here:

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=87.0

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 06:42:08 am »

FAIL... thats the beginners guide... nowhere it talks about turning on textures for mobs in SoD!

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 09:17:19 am »

FAIL... thats the beginners guide... nowhere it talks about turning on textures for mobs in SoD!

Ummm did you even read the thread? The following may be relevant to your interests.

Q. Why are there humans in South Ro/Oasis etc?
A. If you're using SoF/SoD these zones will not boot their models properly meaning only globaly booted models will show (player character models/ alligators/ elementals etc) There are a couple ways to fix this. The easiest being changing the mobs booted in the zonename_chr.txt files. It seems even though you are using the old zone files it uses the new zone's _chr file for model booting (as opposed to the old one). Thus your best bet would be to make sure the followwing files look as a show below:
sro_chr.txt:
Code:
bet,rathemtn_chr
bgm,nro_chr
spi,velketor_chr
cst,cst
dke,dke
fgh,fgh_chr
gem,paineel_chr
ghu,fearplane_chr
gia,southkarana_chr
gob,runnyeye_chr
mmy,mmy_chr
pma,pma
qcm,qeynos_chr
qcf,qeynos_chr
rom,rom_chr
sha,oot_chr
snk,snk
spq,spq
tar,tar
zom,fearplane_chr
zof,fearplane_chr
sna,qeynos_chr
pum,iceclad_chr
orc,crushbone_chr
nro_chr.txt
Code:
arm,oggok_chr
rat,akanon_chr
bet,rathemtn_chr
spi,velketor_chr
bgm,qeynos_chr
btn,btn
eef,eef
fpm,freporte_chr
gdm,unrest_chr
ghu,fearplane_chr
gob,runnyeye_chr
gia,southkarana_chr
mmy,mmy_chr
pma,pma
qcm,qeynos_chr
qcf,qeynos_chr
rtn,rtn
snk,snk
tar,tar
cst,cst
fgh,fgh_chr
gem,hole_chr
zom,fearplane_chr
zof,fearplane_chr
pma,iceclad_chr
oasis_chr.txt (NOTE: By default SoF/SoD clients do not have this file any more as Oasis no longer exists due to it's merger with South Ro. Simply go into "Notepad" and copy the contents of the code window below into the file and save it as "oasis_chr.txt" and drop it in your EQ directory.)
Code:
orc,crushbone_chr
spi,velketor_chr
sna,qeynos_chr
bgm,qeynos_chr
bet,rathemtn_chr
ghu,fearplane_chr
gob_runnyeye_chr
zom,rathemtn_chr
zof,rathemtn_chr
pum,iceclad_chr
The only mob model this does not fix is the old snake model. I am not sure why at the moment but i will update this if i figure it out.
If you used the old GlobalLoad.txt fix for this bug simply open the file and erase what YOU put inside. Be careful what you take out as it may cause some models to no longer display or worse yet break you game.

Next time read the WHOLE thing before you claim an answer is fail.

Blood of the Akkadian
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 01:34:07 pm »

Yeah I guess I didnt see that part cause when I read it the  first time i wasnt using SoD and didnt need that info ;p

Thanks

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 01:37:22 pm »

Yeah I guess I didnt see that part cause when I read it the  first time i wasnt using SoD and didnt need that info ;p

It happens to all of us sooner or later....LOL!

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 09:34:07 pm »

That beginner's guide is no joke. gotta take like an hour to read it all well and grasp it =p
Dany made it pretty amazing.

xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 06:11:28 am »

It will be nice to make a wiki/FAQ for that instead of forum post.
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 07:18:40 am »

It is really a good piece of work and very informative... but like i said.. i went through it the first time but skipped what i didnt need to know, like the texture for instance so when this problem arised... I didnt remember that it was in the guide.

Note to self... always read the whole thing lol

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 04:41:17 pm »

It will be nice to make a wiki/FAQ for that instead of forum post.

i offered to make a wiki, but didnt know the finer points of it. No one else seemed knowledgeable, so i gave up assuming no one really cared to have one.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 104
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)