Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:05:26 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Upgrading from titanium  (Read 6136 times)
Juupiter

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2012, 08:01:40 am »

I'm thrilled that my first post is going to be annoying  Undecided

But i still have to do it because I'm totally out of ideas.

I downloaded the UF client from Hate's files , used 7-zip to extract them.  Added the EZserver spell files.
  Yet when i log in i get red text in my chat box saying "Your XML files are not compatible with current everquest files.certain windows may not perform correctly. use /loadskin default 1 to correct this problem.
 My hot keys don't work, i can't open the AA window and several other things don't work.
I've already used the /loadskin command it makes no difference, if i load the sars UI from hate or the megamix UI this problem persists across them all.

i assume since i can log in at all that my installation and 7-zip may not be the problems, but i could be wrong,any input would be great!
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 11:02:58 am »

Did you extract the UF files to a new folder, or did you just dump them in your existing EQ folder?
Juupiter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 11:17:21 am »

well i think Ive tried both but since you point it out extracting into a new folder now. the failed try i'm working on now was "extracted here" into the same folder. think this is my 5th total retry.
 it's so odd, i've been reading over the forums for many hours the last 2 days, i don't get any error messages when extracting, the files are complete and working the best i can tell. i don't even have to change the screen size with the file like someone had a problem with. this almost seems like a completely new issue.
Nakemdun

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 11:18:05 am »

You can use the EQ button to open the options window and reset all your hotkeys.

Juupiter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 11:20:44 am »

Did you extract the UF files to a new folder, or did you just dump them in your existing EQ folder?

i read that a little wrong, the real answer is no i didn't extract into the old EQ folder i removed it yesterday just in case it was the problem. lol
Juupiter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 11:37:31 am »

You can use the EQ button to open the options window and reset all your hotkeys.

oh wow! did everyone have to do this and you all figured it out ? lol
i've not seen anything about having to do this anywhere on the forums ... i guess this fix is just so easy it didn't occur to me  Lips sealed but it's my problem, Thank you very much !
Juupiter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 11:38:25 am »

but does that mean the XML error message is just standard?
Juupiter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 11:57:46 am »

that fixes the hot keys but if you really want a laugh my pally's crusader's fury spell still says lvl 255 on it  Cheesy
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 01:30:59 pm »

You need the UF spell file instead of the titanium one then.
Juupiter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 01:56:33 pm »

ahhhaa!! that suggestion did it.

before anyone reads all this and thinks i'm a complete dooface i'd like to point out that i never read anywhere that both files came with the zip lol
the instructions i read said something to the effect of just DL the spell file and extract it into the eq folder. unless you already knew you were DLing 2 files that could be confusing to a lesser tech literate person. which probably doesn't even occur to the guys who run this server because they already know everything lol. 

i had to extract the file to my desktop and manually click n drag the UF spell txt file into my EQ folder. wording the instructions a little more like that might save you answering dumb questions like mine in the future  Smiley

thank you guys very much for your help, i was pretty frustrated by this before i decided to post.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 02:27:12 pm »

I wouldn't worry about the UI files warning.  If you do something really bad with your UI it'll crash, but the warning doesn't really mean much, and even the live client showed it at some point.  Everyone using the UF client sees it with the default ui.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 12:16:20 am »

If you are a perfectionist, my site contains a variety of odd/ends.

Specifically: http://hateborne.dyndns.org/ezserver/fixes/

The default UI for UF exists there. You can drop it over yours (backup first or don't cry!).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022