Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 08:38:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Group composition/General questions/Progression path  (Read 6738 times)
monelyn

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2012, 03:33:17 pm »

Sup EZ! My gaming bro and myself have decided to make EZ our home. The server is full of great content and we are having a blast leveling up! Now let's get down to business.

Group Composition:
Currently, our group composition is War/Pal/BST "Him" and Sk/Pal/Monk "Me". I am looking to add 3-5 more classes to my army, which classes would be the best choice? We are currently lacking range dps, is that a problem?

General Questions:
I have been reading about the RoA ring, would it be worth it to go ahead and level a bard/druid/shaman to make the leveling of our box army quicker?

Which toons should we UC first? I am guessing the Paladin then the Warrior?

I am currently running on an i5 3770, 8 gigs of ram and a meh "Geforce 240" Graphics card. How many clients do you think I can run?

Progression Paths:

Which zone should we grind AA's in?

The last time I played, I made it to QVIC, but the trash took forever to down. When should we attempt Qvic? 2.0's, 500+ AA's FG/CG? Or is the requirement more than that?

Sorry for all the questions, I searched around before posting this but I am sure the server has changed quite a bit!

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 03:55:36 pm »

You could probably box 20ish with proper settings. Ranged dps doesn't matter at all, but past t5 you'll need ucs on everything. Sk main tank is rough past t4. Probably will want a warrior and at least 2 healers in that group...3 is even better. I would recommend a bard as well. War / pal / cler / bard / pal / sk or dps would be very powerful and you could add a dps group later.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 04:46:34 pm »

Group Comp

G1
Tank
Tank
Healer
Healer
DPS or Healer
DPS

G2
Healer
DPS
DPS
DPS
DPS
DPS / Support

Follow this guideline and you can make it to T6 I'd think  Cool

monelyn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 05:12:01 pm »

Sounds good, it almost sounds like we would be better off running 2 wars instead of an SK though?

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 05:13:09 pm »

3 druids /  3 enchanters... MATA goes down quick..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 05:22:26 pm »

Sounds good, it almost sounds like we would be better off running 2 wars instead of an SK though?

Warriors are the best tank... however it is still possible to tank with SK.

I personally use War tank and a Paladin tank with XL shield.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 05:54:26 pm »

Warriors are the best tank... however it is still possible to tank with SK.

I personally use War tank and a Paladin tank with XL shield.

Warrior with a knight class back up is good... if 2 warriors just watch aggro bounce but other then that war/sk or war/pal works great...

but 3 druids 3 enchanters rocking .. way better then Hate's gimp grp...

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
monelyn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 06:03:53 pm »

So are Shamans trash?
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 06:14:19 pm »

So are Shamans trash?

I use a shaman as backup heals / kraken dealer.

viculus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 06:43:19 pm »

A cleric is definitely a must for the word of vivification spell.  Maybe two clerics.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 12:11:58 am »

Mark of emperor's might be better than word of viv. And you can kill in t6 single group but it is not easy
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 01:43:27 am »

Mark of emperor's might be better than word of viv. And you can kill in t6 single group but it is not easy

i can attest to this as blarr and a few others know i've been clearing public when its up *which isnt often* well clearing as much as i can with a single group its hard going but once you get the hang of the mobs and adds it can be vbery rewarding
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 01:18:56 pm »

Add a bard. Bard proc song is a monstrous add to dps...and the other songs a bard can add will make a massive diff on your team.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)