Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 01:44:47 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Weapon  (Read 42902 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2012, 05:56:46 pm »

While I like the suggestion above, I really would like to see ToFS then T7 first. There can be other ways to add to the economy without adding some utterly server destroying item. Don't get me wrong, I understand the need to give the ultra high players something to continue fighting towards...but it seems slightly wasteful at the moment. Maybe as a filler after ToFS, but before T7 (or after both).

If need be, I can start working up some tradeskill recipes that consume essences and other random doodads to make some killer items. Just trying to prevent disappearing into the blackhole for at least another week or so. Trying not to bury Hunter in my random nonsense. :-D

Just my opinion though, please don't crucify me over it!

-Hate
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:01:34 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2012, 06:49:48 pm »

No Hate.. just no....

We don't need anymore items consuming Essences... just no...

Essences should continue to upgrade Augs / SoA  into the next tier...

Any new uber items should require something new.. and fun perhaps

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2012, 06:51:48 pm »

Yeah, I'd really like if there was some other item used for shield of ages instead of superior lightstones. It could be similarly boring to farm, but anything that comes from mobs that don't spend 75% of their time under the world would be welcome.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2012, 06:56:23 pm »

No Hate.. just no....

We don't need anymore items consuming Essences... just no...

Essences should continue to upgrade Augs / SoA  into the next tier...

Any new uber items should require something new.. and fun perhaps

Aaaaaaahahaahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha.

Another point for Hate.  *flex*.

-Hate

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 06:59:12 pm »

If we really need essences for another item... make some Caster augs... that use tons of plat and essences /nod

Twin-Cast .. comes to mind.. for slot 8 aug... /wink /wink

Edit... Actually twin-cast probably wouldnt work right as an aug...

Maybe a clickie item that is upgraded with essences and every upgrade increases the % chance to Twin-Cast a spell
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:03:48 pm by Paldail » Logged

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2012, 07:07:32 pm »

If we really need essences for another item... make some Caster augs... that use tons of plat and essences /nod

The sooner something like this is implemented the better. As it is now melee have huge dps potential that comes at a high cost; casters have low-moderate dps potential but at an extremely low cost. The disparity is so extreme that soon it will be the far cheaper and less time consuming option to roll/gear/flag new casting chars rather than pay the various prices for an aug upgrade. (kinda :p) The idea of upgradeable spells and such (combine wiz nuke + 2 Anguish Essences + 2 SLS + Rare Magical Component to make Wiz Nuke II) I think will be more and more critical for EZServer as content progresses.

I think you're on the right track, Paldail, as something like that would take a lot less work development wise while remaining effective for all casting classes.

Sorry to further derail topic!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:10:36 pm by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2012, 07:30:13 pm »

Blurring and Paldail, I am aware. This comes up often. It looks like there will probably need to be three classes of caster augs as well. Maybe Twincast, +dmg to DoTs (or a DoT itself), and maybe a short duration set amount HoT proc from heals.

--------Here come the problems---------

How does one qualify for one or the other?
A played (non boxed) shaman may gain a massive benefit from Twincast, but a boxed may get more from the DoT aug. A mage would gain nothing from the DoT, but possibly too high from twincast. A wizard would also gain nothing from DoT, but could take out the sun with a few good twincast procs. Hell, I am already doing unholy amounts of damage with Hate per cast (but from my understanding, still greatly below the NS users).

How would it be handled for classes doing too much?
We obviously can't just say "lol f u wizards and magi", but we also don't want them to become the ONLY source of great dps either. So, how can we appease them without creating another class of augs just for them?

How can we prevent homogenization?
This was a big deal before Ninjastrikes. Everyone just rolled warrior/paladins with an odd cleric. If a generic "proc some damage" aug comes out, it would benefit some EXTREMELY well and/or do little-to-nothing for others.

Not trying to puncture any ideas, I mean ffs I run three wizards. I would like to advance my main wizards' damage to extreme amounts...but in a relative way. I don't want to see any class become the next "go-to" class that everyone rushes to gear up. That shit sucks.

-Hate

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2012, 08:44:34 pm »

Does EMU support the "on spell cast" procs that were added in uh... underfoot I guess?

Type 4s could be like, just extra damage proc on spellcasts, or a heal proc on spellcasts.
Type 8s could be fancy, like twincast buff proc, mana return, or a 6s buff that gives extra crit chance (+10% per rank). Really depends what is actually supported.
metsu

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2012, 08:51:11 pm »

i think we should lower the dps/hp of pets . it makes melee look silly to spend tons on time to make augs while necros/mage can summon uber pets just by getting their epics, dont need UC, RoA, Uber gear. that's just unfair.
necros should stick to their DOTs . make some really ubers DOTs to make the necro farm their UC. Make augs that add Spell damage that stacks with UC focus. make them balance with melees by items and not balance by making pets so uber that will match with melee dps.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2012, 09:13:15 pm »

Charms with spell damage increase was initially suppose to benefit casters. Procs getting increased was an unexpected side effect honestly.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2012, 09:17:51 pm »

If I made Augs via Essences for casters, would this make casters skip getting the Sorcer/UC? Esp if the new Augs had higher mod?

We are off topic by the way.

Ultimate Weapon is simple. Takes me 1 hour to make and players 1000+ hrs to earn (super über rare).

DPS/Augs for different topic/thread.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2012, 09:47:30 pm »

Why not just add +spell / dot damage to the melee augs equal to the melee dps increase that is boosted by charms? This may increase sk, pal and rng dps but so what, they could use it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:49:40 pm by Warbash » Logged

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2012, 09:51:25 pm »

If I made Augs via Essences for casters, would this make casters skip getting the Sorcer/UC? Esp if the new Augs had higher mod?

We are off topic by the way.

Ultimate Weapon is simple. Takes me 1 hour to make and players 1000+ hrs to earn (super über rare).

DPS/Augs for different topic/thread.

LoL yeah yeah, we all suck with our ADD and trying to stay focuOMGLOOKATHEDOGGY

Whew sorry. It happens.

-HatOMGTHEREITISAGAINITISSOCUTE

Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2012, 11:13:32 pm »

Honestly i wasnt going to comment but i will say this the aug idea is nice but as boss man said is off topic pleae make a new thread for it... honestly i kind of like the idea of the UW but i really really hate the idea of using more essances and SLS for anything lol honestly i think it'd be better to do ultra rare items form named mobs...or just adding items....

There are lots of ways hell if he wants to put in ultra rare items he could use old zones like SSra (item from every named in here) then Sseru (form the 4 key bosses and Lord Seru) and make sue of the old luclin stuff and old world and/or PoP named would be awesome to know
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2012, 02:33:27 am »

My suggestion is to make an exceptional item less available and not through grinding, but by rareness.   
Here is how it works:

Using the existing zones and starting with just one, modify the named NPC(s) to drop a rare item of legendary status.  Of course the content must be strengthened to match the quality of the drop, so players should expect a very difficult encounter.

Once complete, the zone would go live for a couple of days and then programmatically set back to the original content during the normally reboot.  The zone wouldn’t be announced nor the timing.  It would be up to the players to find the “Hot Zone” and make the most of it.  I would also suggest that instancing not be allowed.  There shouldn’t be any need for instances as each named in the zone would be more than enough to satisfy several groups or raids.  Think of EQ camps like in Seb or Guk where a group would occupy a camp working on one or two named.

The controlling mechanism for switching on and off content would be automated to remove the need for manual intervention.  Additionally, when new zones are added, there would be randomness to which zone was live and for how long.  Only one zone would be live at anyone time, unless otherwise decided by Hunter, which again, would be configurable based on the design.  The intent is to keep players guessing and to create rareness in the game so items can't be perma-farmed while searching for those elite items.   

As new zones came online variety in drops could be expanded to help with itemization.  Providing Hunter the ability to tune/tweak content as well as controlling the frequency in which zones were live.

Keep in mind not only is the content difficult but the legendary item is rare.  So even if you do kill the named, which is a huge accomplishment in itself, there’s no guarantee the legendary item drops.  Because the zones are only live for a couple of days, there’s not a lot of time to figure out strategies.  This also encourages community via grouping with others or forming a guild.

I would be happy to help layout a design and/or work with Hate to develop the mechanism to make the framework possible.

Just my 2 cents.

This sounds cool Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108