Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 07:28:47 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Kronos Pop Rate insane ...  (Read 15313 times)
Padme

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2010, 07:07:12 pm »

I just want to understand, Kronos is Uber Rare pop .??
I m fighting in T2 like a crazy for hours and hours ... making ice and earth camp at the same time, so i kill one as soon as he pop, for example tonight i killed over 40 named in T2, i got 0 Kronos ... but like 5, 6 or 7 from each boss, imsety, okeanos, seth, thur, mentu and also alfadir ... but still 0 kronos !

Its already extremly long and hard to get the gear you need since you need specific class in T2, and dragon class dont drop a lot :/ but after hours and hours of hard farming and looting wiz/enc/ber/shm/nec ... drop ... you finally can get some of you need, but still no Kronos :/

So how about we get a change on the pop rate of Kronos ? just make him to spawn like other boss, because its already a pain to get the class you need, but if you cant get a Kronos to pop after 8h of hard farming and chain poping named, it will take forever to get stuff ...
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 07:39:40 pm »

unless it has changed from when Avalon was pushing through T2 he has already been upped in his spawn rate.  He used to not spawn for us with constant camping for days.  Now i believe it's 10-12%.

Could be you hit a stroke of bad luck - get used to it in T2... lots of armor will rot.
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 08:56:19 pm »

Also feels like that with Ptah in T1 and if you even get him to spawn the chance to see plate legs is astronomical 1 month and half to get plate legs with turning in 20-30 crystals each run is horrid.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 09:52:31 pm »

Also feels like that with Ptah in T1 and if you even get him to spawn the chance to see plate legs is astronomical 1 month and half to get plate legs with turning in 20-30 crystals each run is horrid.

I agree with this. It seems everything is rotting for Vendetta except the "priceless" T1 plate legs, which people would sell their granny for. Seems more rare than the BP by far.

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 10:25:41 pm »

Too funny Smiley Shy and I spent 2+ months farming for just 2 pairs of legs in T2... Pre Dragon Armor which really simplifies things. I'm sure you'll get the armor you need and in a timely manner, but it used to go days without a Kronos, one day without one is not a broken spawn Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 10:56:26 pm »

yeah, i cant say anything for the old days unfortunately.
I imagine it was alot more rough than it is now, however now that it isn't the "Top" i guess its made to be like all the other content became. Kind of a time sink, with moderate addition to difficulty added as it progresses.
I mean, i remember 2 groups for T2 when i finally broke into it with Cero, now we got people doing it with 3 chars =p
I also notice T3 empty every time i explore a little. not many people there yet/ anymore. either haven't progressed to it, or already passed it in your case lol

Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 11:02:11 pm »

Too funny Smiley Shy and I spent 2+ months farming for just 2 pairs of legs in T2... Pre Dragon Armor which really simplifies things. I'm sure you'll get the armor you need and in a timely manner, but it used to go days without a Kronos, one day without one is not a broken spawn Smiley

this is the EZ server generation that was brought up with 10-15 minute spawns all the way through their 3.0s.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 12:06:26 am »

Back in the old old old days to get to the bp mob you had to kill all 15 bosses and the trash along the way. There were literally times when we would get to 11+ and boss 1 would respawn and our raid would be over cause all the bosses before had to be down. Mind you, they were on a 24 hour respawn cycle. Once we got geared enough that we could do the fights fast enough to get to boss 15 we were treated with 3 bosses. Of course the bosses had to be tuned and adjusted, (9k ds anyone?) but even with adjustments we could not beat him the first time. When we finally did beat him it took 2 guilds, (OoS and GFB) and if I remember correctly about an hour and a half or so. You had to kill him 3 times, he spanwed 4 adds at every 20% (random). The first version's adds slowed. I believe the second version had a 9k poison. And the 3rd was blind. I could be a little off in the order or the exact spell used cause it has been a while. I do remember a 30k ramp. Our warrior, (Brut) was at 98k when we did the fight. I really miss that zone, would love to go back and see it again.

sebekl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 04:00:08 pm »

I think i got really lucky with the T1 legs. In 2 days I say 4 drop with my warrior I just started gearing out.  Granted I never saw them before when we were actually farming T1/T2, but was a nice change to not get the luck everyone seems to be getting with T1/T2 legs.
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 01:09:43 pm »

I also remember when warrior augs had a 6k AE and LDON points were gained from EACH kill for your WHOLE group.

Just about the time i got my warrior in place all that s**t changed.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 07:15:28 pm »

I also remember when warrior augs had a 6k AE and LDON points were gained from EACH kill for your WHOLE group.

Just about the time i got my warrior in place all that s**t changed.

yeah same here man,
i remember thinking "man, my paladin cant handle LDoN cause his DPS sucks... just wait til my necro gets here"
He gets 3.0'd and geared, then it all changes to coins *sigh*

Padme

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 05:22:03 pm »

Well here we go ... another 8H no stop fighting, killing earth and ice with Stylos ... and we didnt saw any Kronos ...
So how about we can make a combine, like 2 ice and 2 earth, combined in magic box = a crystal with 100% chance to pop Kronos ?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 05:25:30 pm »

how would you get 2 ice and 2 earth in order to put in the box and combine?

Padme

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 05:27:17 pm »

Lol you right  ... i m falling asleep ... too many farming will make you crazy  Roll Eyes
So like in T3, combine an ice and earth and get a new crystal ...
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 06:26:38 pm »

i believe hunter has kronos currently at a 12% spawn rate.  Of course it's a bitch when he that 88% hits 100% of the time and gives you some imsety or a lame-pants mentu.

The truth though regarding a turn in is that turning in 4 crystals would assume that kronos was a 100% chance every 4 crystal spawns.  T3/T4 uses a crystal combining system but nothing where you get to control the armor that you will be up against - it takes a bit of the allure out of it imo.

Honestly though for a 12% spawn you're looking at 1/8th of a chance to spawn to potentialyl drop 1/3 pattern you'll need.  So what would be more of a fair combine of crystals to spawn what should be the rarest boss? 8+

Do you honestly think it gets easier after T2?  Do you have your posts about T3/T4 already written and ready to post?  A lot of balancing has already happened in these zones to make them more palatable, how much easier does the server need to get?

Dunno if anyone has told you but you are required to kill 16 Kronos strength mobs before you ever get the chance to spawn a T3 boss... it could be any armor slot / any multi-class boss.  What are your opinions on that?  32 Kills to get a shot at a t4 boss, and THOSE are class specific... I know you're excited about getting a crack at kronos - but can you imagine killing him 32 times to watch paladin bracers rot?  QQ inc.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 187