Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 11:26:17 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Earring  (Read 13194 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 05:09:48 pm »

+1 to Ears...

Fugitive's ears are .... mine though..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 05:21:56 pm »

New ear slot would be cool, but as already stated, something new BESIDES essences...

Even more rare then them, just something Diffrent.

Maybe something that in part could be tradeable, so as to help with the Economy.

But do like..
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 05:54:01 pm »

I would like to see something that benefits EVERYTHING one this time. RoA is either/or, UC is nearly mandatory around T5-T6, and the Shield of the Ages is very tank friendly.

For earring effect, spell crit/spell damage. (For the record, these are the same two effects that cause Intensity of the Resolute to turn autoattacks into thermonuclear strikes). Preferably between 8 and 12 ranks.

1: 1/1
2: 2/3
3: 3/4
4: 4/6
5: 5/7
6: 6/9
7: 7/10
8: 8/12
9: 9/13
10: 10/15

For the clever among you, the formula is clear. For those less so: 1% crit per rank, 1.5 (rounding DOWN) spell damage per rank.

Now the thing to note: THIS MODIFIER IS TAKEN LAST! This affects the FINAL spell damage, not the base damage. Meaning +15% will literally take your current damage and cause 15% more damage on crits (plus whatever a crit adds).

Obviously it could cause some SERIOUS number jumps, but I do not believe it should be so much grind based. I would like to see this be ~40% grind and ~60% chance. Like the old EQ epics, give a mob spawn times ranging from 48-96 hours from zone pop (to prevent instancing from being the immediate solution but still helpful in guilds).

As for the essences,  too much of the game depends on it. Mixing in the random spawn element would be nice. Also, a 12-24h spawn time with ~35% drop chance would make for a nice effect too. These would not require a "camping in shifts" thing (fuggin' Raster...) as a player could make a guild instance and check it periodically. The ability to trade the 48-96h drops (aka droppable), but sell rights to the 12-24h (aka NO DROP) would give another worthwhile thing to trade/sell. The number of essences/SLS is approaching the point where botting is nearly mandatory. Undecided

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 06:40:02 pm »

Depop after 1-2 hrs else players would guild instance, then check at end of the day for spawn.

We will brainstorm more. Definitely will be an earring quest of some type. Maybe one for crits and one for divine intervention.

Or maybe use that divine intervention for the ultimate weapon.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 06:50:09 pm »

Even if they are checking at the end of the day, they still have to check in at LEAST daily to see if it's up. From my understanding, the spawn timer don't seem to work very well in guild instances (at least long duration timers) unless it's considered an "active" zone with a player or two.

Just a thought though. :-D

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 03:14:29 am »

Can split the recipe...make a earring gem and maybe a setting then combine them later

Adjusting would look like this:

Part 1.
1.  Get an Earring Mold from the Dark Elves (with 4 slots)
2.  Collect 19 earrings from various locations (Human, Dwarf and Elven)
3.  Collect a powersource (could be an SLS or something different)
4.  Combine Human earrings to make: "Human Earring of Power"
5.  Combine Dwarven earrings to make" "Dwarven Earring of Power"
6.  Combine Elven earrings to make: "Elven Earring of Power"
7.  Place 3 Power Rings into the 4 slot Mold and hit combine to make "Earring of the Ages (no rank no stats)"

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 03:24:12 am »

I would like to see something that benefits EVERYTHING one this time. RoA is either/or, UC is nearly mandatory around T5-T6, and the Shield of the Ages is very tank friendly.

Something that benefits all classes is cool - althought I really like the idea of "1%+ per rank for chance of Divine Intervention saving you from death".

Could we have one quest that diverges into two types of earrings perhaps?  Slightly different components in the combines could generate the caster friendly earring.

For earring effect, spell crit/spell damage. (For the record, these are the same two effects that cause Intensity of the Resolute to turn autoattacks into thermonuclear strikes). Preferably between 8 and 12 ranks.

1: 1/1
2: 2/3
3: 3/4
4: 4/6
5: 5/7
6: 6/9
7: 7/10
8: 8/12
9: 9/13
10: 10/15

That sounds cool Smiley

As for the essences,  too much of the game depends on it. Mixing in the random spawn element would be nice. Also, a 12-24h spawn time with ~35% drop chance would make for a nice effect too. These would not require a "camping in shifts" thing (fuggin' Raster...) as a player could make a guild instance and check it periodically. The ability to trade the 48-96h drops (aka droppable), but sell rights to the 12-24h (aka NO DROP) would give another worthwhile thing to trade/sell. The number of essences/SLS is approaching the point where botting is nearly mandatory. Undecided

-Hate

Evil bastard!!!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Strix

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 05:14:40 am »

For earring effect, spell crit/spell damage. (For the record, these are the same two effects that cause Intensity of the Resolute to turn autoattacks into thermonuclear strikes).

^

My monks would love to be Thermonuclear devices! Love the idea of a Crit / spell dmg item.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 318