Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 05:30:06 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: More AA's or expand the group?  (Read 4344 times)
Mattnaik

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2012, 01:28:10 pm »

So I got my first epic 1.5 this weekend and it was quite an arduous process. I needed help on a couple of bosses (Quillimane and Dragon Slave) as they just put out too much damage for my tank (War) to soak up. So in an earlier thread I was told to expand my group of War/Pal/Necro with Mnk/Brd/Cleric but was also told I should be able to make it through T2 with my original 3. The way its currently going, I can't even kill a couple of the bosses required for my 1.5 without some help.

The Warrior is currently mostly Time geared with a couple peices of BoT gear and the Pal/Necro are about half Time half BoT. I got about 25 AA lvls and put them all in Combat Agility so far (not maxxed yet) except for the necro I got the Pet Affinity AA and a couple run speed AA's

So my question is, what would make me more self-sufficient quicker and to get further into content, getting a couple hundred more AA's or level up my next 3 chars to round out the group? Which would be more efficient you think?

Hulkmad
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 01:53:02 pm »

Get the healing AAs for your paladin and work on your other 1.5s. You should get some AAs in PoTime just killing the trash for gear. Have your war + paladin use wizard henchmen, they can nuke for 6500.

You're probably gonna need help with the 2.0 boss unless you get your paladin an oracle charm at least, and even then it's easy to get overwhelmed by the adds.
Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 02:42:57 pm »

IMO the most important AA's for a tank are the defensive AA's combat agility, combat stability etc..

They help even more so than any gear you equip at least until you get qvic gear. LDON is going to be tough for you if you are having trouble with potime. If you want to steamroll over content I think the best method is to farm places like Seb, Dulak or Velks for gems make about 50k to 75k and buy a 2.0 run for your necro. After you get 2.0 just ask for help with MOW as he is a bad sucka and most are willing to take him down for free for you. Hit me up if you need help with him.

After that your next course of action would be to get your CG for your necro and finally 2.5. Once you get 2.5 pet you can easily gear your toons and fast track your aa's in places like LDON and QVIC. After getting 2.5 on your necro you have a choice, either get 3.0 on him or get 3.0 on your pally. Both would help you progress tremendously.

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081