Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:38:12 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: At what Point is Bow > Swords?  (Read 22813 times)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2014, 12:13:25 pm »

Just remove the Delay restrictions on the bow ....from pew...pew......pew...to pewpewpepwpepwepwppewepwp....

no need to change slots around...more procs...more fun....

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 12:42:28 pm »

Thought delay was hard coded at a 35 minimum for players.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2014, 01:02:45 pm »

The one thing I don't understand about rangers is they are already at the top for melee dps, why is everyone so concerned with their range dps?  I mean is there going to be some sort of trade-off or are people expecting rangers to be at the top for both range and melee?
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 01:46:42 pm »

I am getting ready to head into T7/T8, people are talking about the reposte damage being over 1 mil (more in T8)
If he can do the same damage being ranged, I don't have to worry about him being 1 shoted. 
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2014, 02:19:17 pm »

Oh I understand the benefits of doing ranged damage, I just am asking which would rangers rather have, top ranged dps or top melee dps? Because there shouldn't be e a class that has both or it becomes a new god class. Zerks rape for AE dps but their single target is lackluster, wizards rape for ranged dps but have no melee dps...just wondering which rangers would sacrifice between range and melee.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2014, 02:24:37 pm »

melee dps.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2014, 03:50:37 pm »

are rangers really top melee dps?

this is news to my monk...

or rogue....

I am ok with being wrong..I run all 3 in my group and do not consider the ranger the stand out dps class...

they are OK...

I dont have parse information to back this feeling up.....

huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2014, 04:15:01 pm »

If I had my choice, rangers would be better ranged dps than melee dps, but the only thing I can offer is my opinion.

Shoot, it's their frigg'n name RANGEr.   LOL
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2014, 05:21:52 pm »

With the intentional omission from monks off the 2 slot whip from tserrina, they don't get the bonus NS8 to go with the NS9+ they can aug the whip with.  Couple that with the 3500 white dmg on the whip eclipsing even the 2h weapons dropping in T8, let alone the 1hers and yes, it adds up to more dps than monks.  Rogues have access to the whip as well, so they are on par with rangers as far as strike dmg and possibly ahead a when you factor in backstab damage, though they aren't at cap for double attack/dual wield like monks are so you'd have to parse to see.

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2014, 06:52:02 pm »

archery in eq is stupid and buggy. melee ftw.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2014, 09:38:57 pm »

Also have to consider too ranger bow click with melee......bow click works at melee range. Will add a bit when the click is fixed. With this I think rangers may end up top of the melee dps food chain.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Elwen

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2014, 09:13:37 pm »

Suggestions on how to set ranger for bow ranged dmg, versus melee? Excluding a macro set that is not allowed. I would guess people rarely box from their ranger but there seems to be much interest in setting up ranged
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2014, 10:00:27 pm »

/stick behind 100 moveback
/autofire

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2014, 03:22:22 am »

Did some parses for fun...

No buffs or bard songs, did not cast any spells or click epic, since those can be used in both melee and ranged, UC1.

6.0 Swords with lvl 5 augs (1 NS, 2 IS in each sword): 10,283,406 dmg in 67 seconds - 153,484 DPS

6.0 Bow with lvl 5 augs (3 NS): 10,177,589 dmg in 81 seconds - 125,649 DPS

And to prove how bad bow damage sucks balls for a RANGEr and just because I can;

6.0 Swords with no augs: 395,901 dmg in 110 seconds - 3599 DPS

6.0 Bow with no augs: 43,296 dmg in 150 seconds - 289 DPS.  Furthermore, 55 shots fired, 20 of them hit for 44 dmg, 4 hit for 88 (Crit)

Melee wins hands down with or without augs.  Now, 28k DPS doesn't seem like a huge difference to some, but at those numbers, 28k DPS is a 16% loss in DPS.  That gap will only widen with higher augs, melee will pull further and further ahead of ranged.

Also add in either a Shaman or a Bard with their damage procs, and you get an extra proc every round with swords that you do not get with the bow since you swing 2 swords and only shoot 1 bow.

If you mob is a belly caster you can forget about the bow, by the time you are in range for spells to land, you are too close for bow shots. Rare, but still a fact.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2014, 10:11:13 am »

^ yep. And that is not including the pain in the ass los can be in certain zones, hills = bad, walls = bad, etc.  archery is crap, and nothing can fix the bad code in the game.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 292