Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:52:21 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: At what Point is Bow > Swords?  (Read 22812 times)
Brutality38

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2012, 09:13:36 am »

title says it all, i really have no clue....but i'm "assuming" Epic 4.5? I have The Aug's on my swords at the moment, but holy cow throwing those Double NS's and an IS in a bow really rackes up some dmg. I dont know how to parse so i cant really tell wich one's faster. but i can say with a 4.5, hight lvl sorc, and some lvl 6 augs, its one sick puppy!

Gunney/Fadareth/Faderaths/Kadri/Phera/Arese
   war        rng         brd        ply      clr    shm
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 10:30:46 am »

Swords will pretty much always be better if you fully aug them, unless you are a super cheapskate like me and have zero augs in everything, but have the tacvi quiver.
Brutality38

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 08:21:41 pm »

Really? Even tho bow has 2 NS aug slots, hits way harder, and hits faster. And....Trushot! woah!

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 09:49:42 pm »

Really? Even tho bow has 2 NS aug slots, hits way harder, and hits faster. And....Trushot! woah!

You could learn how to parse and see for yourself.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 06:42:14 am »

Here's where you are missing something...  White damage is a very small percentage of overall damage with augs and all...  The bow does have 2 NS augs and 1 IS aug, while your swords have 2 NS augs and 4 IS augs.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 09:02:44 am »

I honestly believe that (unless I find a way to trigger procs), it may be best for the next set of melee weapons have two aug slots. The ranged weapon (read ranger bow) should have at least three, but possibly four.

Until we get a reliable parse(s), then we are still all speculating though.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 09:24:15 am »

it may be best for the next set of melee weapons have two aug slots.

Unless there are new augs this will ... screw players who have spent mega pp auging the weaps out already

let alone a DPS drop unless bows dps = current or better dps

disclaimer--- I'm not trying to stop the brainstorming and what not just 2cents
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:29:34 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 10:59:20 am »

First I dont know anything about the coding making items and soforth, but why couldn't items have white damage bumped up? Is there a reason that we have to depend on Augmenting items? That way you would end up with more reliable dps and abilities. 

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 11:02:30 am »

First I dont know anything about the coding making items and soforth, but why couldn't items have white damage bumped up? Is there a reason that we have to depend on Augmenting items? That way you would end up with more reliable dps and abilities.  

Free DPS? or designing and working, gearing your goons up... if it was just white dps and and all who just acquired the epic will be max DPS.. meh that don't work...

But agree some white dps should be bumped but no where near augged DPS.

If you don't want to grind the augs then you don't get the TOP MAX DPS output.. This is not directed at you just a statement.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:11:37 am by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 01:38:39 pm »

it may be best for the next set of melee weapons have two aug slots.

Unless there are new augs this will ... screw players who have spent mega pp auging the weaps out already

let alone a DPS drop unless bows dps = current or better dps

disclaimer--- I'm not trying to stop the brainstorming and what not just 2cents

Ooooooh no, not making retroactive changes. Just for "in the future". Less aug slots, stronger augs, slightly more expensive though (as each slot needs to be as damaging/expensive as 1.5 augs). This would stop some of the issues with proc limits on paladins and a SKs (to a lesser extent).

Simply put, no. It can be done, but we're talking HEAVY restructuring and a variety of code adjustments (as many many many days of debugging).

Don't worry though. Things will not be make stupid easy, nor will anyone really be screwed over it. The cost for the 9th (that would be T7 rank right?) would be the price of one and a half augments instead of simply one. The upside is that less augments at higher end floating around aimlessly, less augs to contend with proc limit, and then those finding themselves with spare 5s, 6s, and/or 7s can simply re-appropriate them.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kenshou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 07:22:48 pm »

The Bow is now more DPS than 1hs, I have three 6.0 for Ken 2 1hs and my bow, 2 NS8 4 IS8 in the 1hs vs the 2 NS8 and 1 IS8 plus the built in NS 7 with a proc mod of 70, a 320k ae clickable from the bow and 50k hits from arrow, the 6.0 bow is far more damage now, cant say when the bell curve changes, but I can kill trash in t6 solo with pet
Brutality38

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 11:31:39 pm »

Well i'd certainly love to see Ranger DPS...come from his Bow like it should be Smiley exited....

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 11:33:11 pm »

Well i'd certainly love to see Ranger DPS...come from his Bow like it should be Smiley exited....
The Bow is now more DPS than 1hs, I have three 6.0 for Ken 2 1hs and my bow, 2 NS8 4 IS8 in the 1hs vs the 2 NS8 and 1 IS8 plus the built in NS 7 with a proc mod of 70, a 320k ae clickable from the bow and 50k hits from arrow, the 6.0 bow is far more damage now, cant say when the bell curve changes, but I can kill trash in t6 solo with pet

-Hate"
Brutality38

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 11:36:32 pm »

yep i read that thanks, i meant i was looking forward to more "aug" dps coming from bow, etc. More aug slots...

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 11:37:10 pm »

ahh =D cool  Grin

-Hate"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988