Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:45:46 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Anyone else experiencing autofire -> melee bug?  (Read 8795 times)
Nogard

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2010, 09:14:10 am »

For example, I pull a mob with autofire and after it runs up to me within melee range I use my hotkey (a) to attack with melee, but my ranger just stands there and nothing happens. I have to either turn autofire off and then attack, or press my attack key 3 times, turning melee on/off/on before I start swinging.

Anyone else experiencing this annoying bug?

-Nogard
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 09:15:56 am »

For example, I pull a mob with autofire and after it runs up to me within melee range I use my hotkey (a) to attack with melee, but my ranger just stands there and nothing happens. I have to either turn autofire off and then attack, or press my attack key 3 times, turning melee on/off/on before I start swinging.

Anyone else experiencing this annoying bug?

-Nogard

Yes all you have to do when you see the mob closing in is duck then unduck or turn of auto fire by any other means then hit auto attack. Or learn to bow kite ;P

Blood of the Akkadian
Nogard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 09:33:03 am »

I know there are ways to manually get around the bug... but what caused it and can it be fixed? Having to duck/unduck or spam melee attack 3 times in a row is just annoying.

Switching from autofire to melee used to work so smoothly. Sad
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 10:58:52 am »

Have same problem.
Karbuk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 12:11:26 pm »

Yeah i have that with my ranger also...i also just hit autoattack...then off...then on again...its become a habit so i dont even think about it when i do it...just quick quick hit the attack button 3 times after its in melee range...i even do it on my warrior from habit Tongue, wouldnt say its a big problem tho at all
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 12:37:50 pm »

I made a macro on mine
which will turn autofire off and auto attack on.. reduces the number on clicks hehe

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 12:38:50 pm »

oh and you can still use that macro when not using autofire... autofire off wont do anything if its not already on... so I always use the same key regardless if I have autofire on or not

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 06:36:12 pm »

Yes I have this bug too, VERY annoying.

I have tried to make a hotkey like

/autofire off
/attack on

but it doesn't work either.  /autofire takes no args I don't think. in other words "/autofire" or "/autofire on" or "/autofire bananaphone" all does the same thing...

Also if i have attack on (melee) and turn on /autofire I get spammed with messages like "attack timer not up 1234234(bunch of numbers)"...

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 08:20:32 pm »

zombie thread!!! OooOoOOooooOOOOoooo....

Rystan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 05:16:14 pm »

Also if i have attack on (melee) and turn on /autofire I get spammed with messages like "attack timer not up 1234234(bunch of numbers)"...

I'm getting that same spam about the attack timer with my ranger.  It wouldn't bother me but it seems that the ranger does nothing until the spam cycle has finished thus reducing (slightly) his dps.  Has anyone got a work around on this?

Also - I was hunting with another ranger recently (geared fairly similar to my ranger) and he seemed to be scoring massive crit hits (like 14,000) way more than I've ever seen my ranger do.  I use Trueshot on mine and that seems to help a little - but I'm getting nothing like those stats with him.  He has his 3.0 bow and all his AAs.  Anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
Blighton <Leader of Red Dawn>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 10:49:16 pm »

Turning off /autoassist will fix this and having a hot key that reads...
/assist Character
/pause 1
/autofire on

I BLAME GNAUGHTY       I BLAME GNAUGHTY        I BLAME GNAUGHTY     I BLAME GNAUGHTY      I BLAME GNAUGHTY!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 68