Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 09:35:34 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Race Changer  (Read 18063 times)
Bladethorn

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2012, 02:39:00 pm »

Hey all.. So really a couple of questions.. let me caveat by saying that I am all for nostalgia, played EQ a loooonnngg time, but my EZ experience has become something more, while it looks similiar, it is a very different game (that I freaking love).. Can't say thank you enough to all of you that make it such a cool experience.

I am curious if there are serious technical issues with modifications to the way our server works regarding race and class.

1. Why do we have class/race limitations? Is that a mechanic in the coding that would 'break things' if removed? So if I wanted, I could have a High Elf Shadowknight, Iksar Paladin, a Wood Elf Cleric, or 'gasp' a Dark Elf Ranger...
2. How complicated is it to impliment a vendor that would allow you to purchase a permanent illusion..or permanent race change, if there were no class restrictions?
3. Is it the race/class restriction on certain items that causes the complication.. Seems like most of the items we grind for, like epics, are just class specific and not limited to race.
4. We've added Pet Affinity AA's to all classes. I haven't tested, but does the Mage Elemental Illusion cross zones, or stay active until deactivated? If so wouldn't it be possible to add a Race Illusion AA to each register that works the same way? Cost could be 200-1000 AAs to give people a chance to spend some of those accumulated AAs.. Non-standard race illisions could be added as well.. like the Wraiths in Grieg's End.. That might  be cool

I have a mixed crew and some a few toons that I've inherited.. I think it would be really freaking awesome to have my complete Dark Elf force rolling through. I also realize that many of you could care less what your toons 'Look' like, guess it's just one of those cool customizable things to fool with while you grind charms and ROA, and plain have fun with group makeup while you raise them up through the tiers. Thanks for any feedback.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:17:28 pm by Bladethorn » Logged

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Pinethai

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 05:58:26 pm »

If they did decide to do this and wanted to make it pretty quick and easy, I would say give all classes the permanent illusion aa that enchanters/rogues have. I think bards had it as well but I'm not quite sure. That way it wouldn't be an actual permanent change and with all the illusion cards one picks up in LDoN 6 I would think it would give people something to do with the 20+ illusions you end up with if you have done any grinding in there for charms. Just an opinion but I think it would be a great idea since I like the thought of having my twelve characters all be the same race and would be able to change it at will.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 06:08:54 pm »

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 06:27:10 pm »

I would change my gnome x 2..... to.....about anything else lol
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:33:44 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 06:33:44 pm »

I would change my gnome..... to.....about anything else lol

Iksar everything for me. Iksar Wizards F T W

-Hate

Kenshou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 07:15:09 pm »

+1
Love this idea, it gives no one an advantage and allows the illusion we already use to just last longer. I for one use illusions in t5 and t6, small toons in t6 don't get stuck in the stairs, and elements work better for me in t5, just have to cast it 12 times ever 30 min which get tiresome
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 09:48:12 pm »

Should be easy to do.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 11:14:08 pm »

What about to the characters who are already created and progressed deep through content but would love a race change instead of having to create a new character? I love this idea though and am not trying to stir things up
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 11:22:01 pm »

What about to the characters who are already created and progressed deep through content but would love a race change instead of having to create a new character? I love this idea though and am not trying to stir things up

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 11:36:13 pm »

Hate Hate Hate. Dude. You are taking my damn pic job. Friggen awesome man!

MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 11:44:31 pm »

dam good dancer
1flytrapp
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 11:46:19 pm »

+1

I would love to see this happen
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 11:53:18 pm »

Hate Hate Hate. Dude. You are taking my damn pic job. Friggen awesome man!

It was the 800th post. Had to do it.

-Hate

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 01:06:24 am »

On the topic of animated gifs:

How grinding yet another UC feels
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 05:00:47 am »

+1 for permanent race changes, both for function and appearances. Clickies are fun until you have to do them across 6 or more toons.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)