Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 10:09:15 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Going after Shadow..  (Read 6244 times)
Bladethorn

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2012, 09:20:53 am »

Query for the Shadow vets out there..

Once I get my Rogue his ever ellusive T2 BP, my whole group will be on to HoH (Trading a Dragon Major/Minor for a DC Chest/Shadow Blade's.. will be on tonight around 730PM EST  Grin)..

I'm running a SK(4.5)/Pal(4.0)/Pal(3.0)/Mag(3.0)/Bst(3.0)/Rog(3.0).. SK is tricked with UC and 275kHps.. everyone else is in full T2 gear. Without the rogue, I have no problems with the Avatars.. takes a few minute to take one down, but not bad. I've explored HoH a little and haven't had trouble with anything so far (hate the knockback from Storms)..had to take on 3 avatars at once and made it through fine.

Am I in a position to go after Shadow? Is there a target time I should be looking to clear certain areas of HoH, so I can get back to shadow when he steps? Is it an hour? I would imagine he regens fast? Is there any rhyme or reason to his stepping?

I've started to pick up some pages for my 3.5's and would like to be able to go after Shadow to get my books, just want to make sure I am 'in the zone' for an attempt.. Don't want to walk in there like some fresh 70 against DS with 1.0's..

I know I can just give it a shot.. and trust me, I will once I get my whole team in, just looking for some advice and affirmation that I might be able to pull it off.

Thanks for any feedback

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09:35:33 am »

You should have no issue with Shadow at all.  Make sure your SK and 2 Pallies have the fearless AA and you will have a constant tank and 2 healers, even if your dps gets feared, they will come back if you are using /stick behind on your attack.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 12:31:24 pm »

Hell, your SK can easily solo shadow. He AoE rampages for around 50k so you might need to get some HP augs for your weaker dudes.
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 12:43:22 pm »

Awesome.. Thanks for the replies guys. I asked in /ooc a couple of weeks ago how much harder Shadow was vs. Kronos and it made me a little concerned. I don't have much trouble with Kronos these days, other than the time it takes me to kill him (couple minutes), getting him to spawn, and making sure I've got people/pets placed in the right spot.

I will make sure the knights have the Fearless AA, get my Rogue his BP and get in there to take a swipe at him.

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 01:21:24 pm »

Yeah your SK is pretty much geared enough to carry your group. If you don't at least have some FSIV+ augs for him, I'd invest in them as they will greatly improve your group's dps and ability to farm the pages and stuff you need.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 03:34:08 pm »

Fearless works?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 03:40:53 pm »

My wizard is fearless. Fight starts, I get hit, back in Nexus. Nothing to fear.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 08:26:05 pm »

Fearless works?

Yup & rotfl @ Hate's wiz/rng
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 07:34:51 am »

Fearless works?

Talking about the Fearless AA that Knights get, not the Fearless Disc.  I have never tried the Fearless Disc because my SK tank has never been feared Smiley

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 08:00:46 pm »

Ok you say your SK has a 4.5...so you made it through T5 enough to get tht but you have to question if you can take down Shadow....a T3 mob?   You buy all your upgrades or just the characters?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:02:43 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 07:14:43 am »

if you don't have anything constructive to add, mind your own business dude. What I HAVE done is treat people with respect on this server..
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:13:38 am by Bladethorn » Logged

~Guild Pa'ahana~

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)